Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Taking The Tour Of Cosmetology Schools

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taking The Tour Of Cosmetology Schools
    Posted: August 03 2007 at 12:23am
Hey,

Over the past few weeks I had the opportunity to take tours of several cosmetology schools here in Dallas.  I visited the Cosmetology Center in Carrollton which is a Paul Mitchell Partner School.  I also visited a very small school called Star Beauty College as well as Ogle and ITU (Aladdin).  And of course the TIGI school which is ironically right down the street from the Paul Mitchell school.

I was fascinated by the many differences in everything from cost (which varied by as much as $10K for the program) to uniforms, attendance requirements, toolkits, textbooks used (some used Pivot Point and some didn't), attendance days and hours.

Bottom line, it is very important to investigate a wide range of schools before making a committment.  There are a number of reasons for this because every single school had a registration fee that ranged from $800 to $1,650.  And each school, even if they allow transfers, require the registration fee.

Also interesting...at least here in Texas, you have to supply a copy of your high school transcript to apply, even if you have a college diploma or above.  It is a state law.

Each of the schools also focused on different goals, even though ultimately the goal is to pass the Texas state boards.

I have some friends going to school and they are all going to different schools.  In talking to them I discovered a wide range of experiences that when shared can help everyone.

If you are considering cosmetology school or currently attending school, please share your experiences here in this forum. 
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic