Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tea Tree Oil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tea Tree Oil
    Posted: August 03 2007 at 10:17am
What are your thoughts on tea tree oil for the hair?  Do you use shampoos with it already in or have you bought the actual oil and added it to your shampoo?  A friend of mine was telling me about this and I have never used it before so I wanted to hear what others thought before trying.  
kittenbubbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittenbubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2007 at 3:43pm
I'd like to know that info too.
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 5:07pm
2 drops of Tea tree oil in your regular shampoo is enough
Be the person you can be and never settle for less!!!
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:21pm
I have a tea-tree oil conditioner that I use n love how it feels on my hair/scalp
gertiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 12:34pm
it is amazing how little these responders know about tea tree oil. it does not mix with water so a drop in water is silly. it is so gentle that that it COULD be applied to the skin directly without carrier oil.If you mix the tea tree oil in carrier oil before you put it in the tub it will not glom it will spread around nicely. also it is absorbed through the skin so direct application is not needed. so what to do? mix 6 drops TT oil into a small amount of carrier oil like safflower or sunflower or grape seed or jojoba but NOT cooking oil like corn or canola. Put the mix in the tub of warm water and swish it around. child could stay in the tub for maybe 10 minutes. do not use a lot of TT oil because it has to be processed by the liver and it could overburden the liver and cause some problems. but 6 drops in a tub is fine. all oils can affect a person with seizure disorder. and last if you are pregnant don't swish the water with your hand as all oils can possibly cause a problem. other than those 3 issues oils are really safe and TT along with Lavender are among the safest. read up on TT oil at Camdengrey.com  .
lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2008 at 9:28pm
I really like a Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner set with tea tree oil... Here's a review I did on it: http://www.lifelovebeauty.com/beauty/hair/82-best-of-spring-beauty-shampoo-and-conditioner-for-all-hair-types.html?start=2

It also has lavender, which is lovely for a spa-like effect.
~
Life Love Beauty
katrina_kk41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katrina_kk41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 6:03am
 Hi!
 tea tree oil is beneficial for the hair and it could be used either way.
lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2009 at 8:34pm
Side note: Tea Tree Oil is also great in skincare products in my opinion. I tried out the Tisserand Anti-Blemish Stick and it works wonders in clearing up imperfections in your skin! I don't usually buy into this kind of stuff - I have my own tricks I like to use, but this product is nice because it works and the aromatherapy element is great. It's soothing and while I like to apply before bed, it's great for anytime of day.
~
Life Love Beauty
anyda.sin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anyda.sin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2009 at 3:13pm
Wow wat a suggest.I was really unaware of it.I will definitely use it.Thanks for sharing it.
Anyda.sin Online Pharmacy
Amy Taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2009 at 5:28am
Could someone give some other uses besides hair
Purdy Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2010 at 8:04am
Tea tree oil is brilliant for nail fungus infections.  My father, had an infection for weeks and nothing the Dr gave him worked.  We read some where about Tea Tree and it cleared it up in days.  Truly amazing stuff.
Jaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 8:28am
It is very beneficial for our health in many ways.It gives a good effects on hair and makes strong root of hair.Confused
Fedric Levenson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedric Levenson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 12:29am
I have no idea on this. Heard it for first time.If it's healthy for skin then I must try.

mtptl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtptl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 11:10pm
Tea tree oil is effective against nail fungus, ringworm, athlete's foot, dandruff, acne, blackheads and many types of infestations including lice, mites, scabies and mosquitoes etc... (For humans and animals alike)

Tea tree oil is not just soothing and disinfecting, it is capable of penetrating into the lower skin layers with its anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, analgesic (pain-killing) and cicatrizant (wound-healing) qualities.

=============

Edited by Karen Shelton - January 21 2011 at 8:13am
laurahill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurahill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2011 at 2:38am
Tea tree oil is good for treating acne,boil and carbuncles.Tea tree oil is also beneficial to treat infection of toenail fungus.Tea tree oil can be used to cure dandruff.
jamshill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamshill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 6:14am
use whatever you think that is necessary
Buy Genetic Ativan - Tramadol Online

Edited by jamshill - January 23 2011 at 9:18am
DallasGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DallasGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2011 at 11:08pm
Just be careful not to get it in your eyes - like I did - ouch!

essentialoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essentialoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 8:59pm
Tea tree oil is primarily antiseptic in nature and is a recommended bactericide and fungicide. It is therefore that this oil is often used to make tea tree shampoo as it readily heals scalp irritations and infections.
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2011 at 10:19pm
Seriously I haven't using it but I do have tea tree oil body soap.
buzzlily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 1:20am
hi,

Tea tree oil is the powerhouse of natural remedies.

Tea Tree Oil Shampoo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic