Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Went To Spa & Nail Tech Cut My Skin!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Went To Spa & Nail Tech Cut My Skin!
    Posted: August 04 2007 at 6:07pm

Has this ever happened to any of you?  I went to a top name spa and had a "deluxe" pedicure which included a paraffin wax dip.  I didn't notice it at first but when I got home my big toe on my left foot hurt like hell.  I looked at it and noticed a 1/2" long gash that was not there before I had the pedicure.  I immediately soaked a bunch of Hydrogen Peroxide on the cut but thought it was weird that the nail tech didn't mention it.  Should I call the spa or just let it go?

Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
the gentleman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the gentleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2007 at 7:44am
You should call the spa, and tell them of the inconivence. You never know, even though you may not want to again, you may get coupons or one or two days free at the spa for you and your friends. But it's important to show people thier mistakes(if they can handle it), so that they can improve.
"Give a man a texturizer kit, he'll have waves for awhile. Give him carrot creme, a durag,wavecap, and brush he'll have waves for the rest of his life"
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 3:38pm
the gentleman is right on the mark - I would definitely let them know.  You were not satisfied (to say the least) with your pedicure and they need to make sure that this does not happen again.  I can't imagine why the tech did not mention it or if there is some crazy way that the tech did not know it happened??  Needless to say, you had an unpleasant experience and they need to be aware so that it does not happen to other customers.  
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 8:01am

What should you do

What should you do

Barge in there and let them know what happened. That is why I take my own pedicure utensils from home.
No telling whats growing on their utensils. Do they sterilize those tubs after each use......
tell them what happened.  I would be expecting more than an apology too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic