Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BlackLace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help!
    Posted: August 07 2007 at 2:08pm
Hey everyone,

I'm getting my hair dyed this color on Friday(ignore the black highlights) and I don't know what to tell my colorist and I can't just print out the picture because I don't have a printer. So basically what I'm asking is, what color would you classify this as? I know it's blonde, but what shade of blonde?

Thanks so much in advance!

BlackLace

xx

nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2007 at 2:27pm
i'd call it honey blonde
lotta talkin 'bout hair n other stuff: http://www.diyextensions.net/
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2007 at 5:32pm
Blonde is soooo HARD to explain to a hairdresser. Cause what we would call a HONEY would be a totally diffrent HONEY to them. Ask them to show you the hair swatch book and see if you can spot the color out in that. I'd call Avril's hair is a Natural Blonde I think. Not really a HONEY. See if you can find a photo of AVRIL in a magazine and cut it out. That would be my suggestion.
~* Bambi Lee *~
MileHiGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MileHiGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2007 at 10:57pm
Her color varies between the 3 photos in my opininon...

1st pic- I would say honey blonde
2nd pic-It looks more like a hint of a strawberry blonde
3rd pic-looks golden blonde

I agree with Bambilee, that you'll just have to check out her swatch book to narrow down the blonde shade with what you want.  And yes, definitely take a couple photos in.  Or most salons will have a bunch of magazines, that you can get there early to browse thru for any extra photos that might help.

What color are you starting out with? Are you going for all over color, or highlights toned to Avril's color? 
BlackLace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2007 at 11:13pm
Thanks for all your imput guys! Hopefully I can find a picture that shows nicely which color I want by Friday :)

MileHiGirl: My hair is currently a caramel color with honey blonde highlights. And I'm going for all over color because I've had highlights for years(except for 3 years ago when I dyed the underneath layer of my hair black like Avril's) and I've been wanting a change lately. The only thing I'm worried about is that they won't want to color all of my hair. One time a couple years ago I went in asking them to dye my hair platinum blonde but they insisted on putting in a whole bunch of hilights instead. I don't know why hair dressers do that, they always seem to try to change what you know you want into what they think is best. Quite frustrating.
MileHiGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MileHiGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2007 at 11:59pm
I'm not a professional, but it sounds like it shouldn't be too complicated to do, as it's not like your changing extreme levels.  I could foresee difficulties if they were trying to lift your color from dark brown/black, which what I was worried aboutWink

So maybe you want to have an all over color perhaps of what your highlights are to match Avrils?   Sounds like what you have now is a jen aniston color mix going on (i love that) and just want to lift the caramel?

I hate it too, when they 'insist'.  If there was risk involved with lifting to platinum, why don't they just explain their reasons, and then still leave it up to you as to what you'd like to do?
my friend took pics to her colorist, wanting to go from her Jen Lopez shade to a Jen Aniston shade.  He insisted on a just doing a bunch of foils. It sounded like after all the time spent, he only used a 10volume, and her hair looked pretty much the same $130 later....she was still brunette!!  And then he tells her to come back next week whenever he has another appt avail, to try it again. When they do this(which sounds like he messed up with the wrong volume), and you're not satisfied, do they expect another tip at the next appt???  So yes......why do they have make things so complicated and frustrating?
BlackLace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 1:58am
Yeah my hair is pretty Jen Aniston right now, which I don't have a problem with but it's been like this for such a long time, and change is always good :)

It seemed a couple years ago that the colorist just simply couldn't be bothered to take the time to do an all over color job, either that or wanted to rake in more $$. I find that very unproffessional because I didn't pay her to do as she pleased, I payed her to fulfill exactly what I wanted. They just don't get it sometimes. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time around.

Edited by BlackLace - August 08 2007 at 2:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic