Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Malcom X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Malcom X
    Posted: August 08 2007 at 7:06pm
SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile X100

I read the book before the movie was even thought of.

Excellent documentary/
remember the scene when the NOI was assembled in the street.
Nice soundtrack
3 hours long well worth it
this movie did his story justice
Un-American to not see this movie
Blasphemous ifya Black,

Edited by Anomis - August 08 2007 at 7:07pm
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 7:15pm
This was a great movie!!!

Waves(2001-Present)
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 11:37pm
It was a fine movie but some parts were fictional as was the case with the Biography of Malcolm by Alex Haley which the movie is based on.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 3:58am
Intresting Willie......... Seeing how this is  Movie Reviews, Scoops & News
The Autobiography of Malcom X ((authenticity of documentation)) is relavent. Give us the scoop, share your sources.  I understand that in the "movie making business" there has to be some poetic license in order to sale tickets......... a few highlights, shadeing etc.

Edited by Anomis - August 09 2007 at 5:06am
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 2:23pm
I don't mean like that. I'm saying that the book upon which this si based isn't completely factually correct.
"However, the book has been criticized by some scholars for possibly being factually inaccurate or misleading in certain parts. In addition, members of Malcolm X's family and the N.O.I. have accused author Alex Haley of changing or fictionalizing parts of the story" .
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 2:31pm
I'll post the source in a minute but my browser started f**king up.
"The Autobiography of Malcolm X, penned by Alex Haley, is based on hearsay, conjecture and opinions"
http://www.gilscottheron.com/malxintro.htm
Thats all I can find right now. Anyway the movie isn't a factual stand alone new autobiography on Malcolm it is based on the Haley Biography which is somewhat fictional. Some of its real and other parts fake.
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 9:14pm
Thank you for providing this information Willie.

For clarification, you are saying that the Autobiography of Malcom X is not all truth... information was added or omitted???

From what I gather the author of this piece you provided was not given. I was able to see by the greeting he gave at the end ......he must be a Muslim.
By all means if you get more information, specific to fallacies, omissions, etc please share them here or feel free to pm me. 

The objective information on those Americans so Loved and despised as he, are few and far between, so again please  share any sources................."in your own time"
ty once again Willie

Edited by Anomis - August 09 2007 at 9:30pm
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 9:23pm

The Roots saga was based on the history of Alex Haley's family!!!

Waves(2001-Present)
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 9:25pm

"Kunta Kente I found you"

Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 6:06am
Originally posted by jamaicakid85 jamaicakid85 wrote:

The Roots saga was based on the history of Alex Haley's family!!!

Actually I it wasn't. Roots was a fictional story all made up.
http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/alex.htm
http://www.tommcmahon.net/2004/02/sorry_kids_but_.html

- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 7:55am
I was watchin roots and they said that the stories were passed down from generation to generation all the way down to Alex Haley.

Waves(2001-Present)
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 8:16am
I know but thats not the truth. Haley is the biggest fraud and, well, hustler of black literature.
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 8:08am
O aight.

Waves(2001-Present)
johnrambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnrambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2011 at 5:31am
Wow great dancing dear I like your boobs.
Toronto Holiday Packages
Cheap Toronto holidays
Sydney Holiday Packages

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic