Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sew in question how much hair do I need?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
juliap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sew in question how much hair do I need?
    Posted: August 14 2007 at 11:20am
I am going to get two tracks sewn in and the lady asked if I was going for length and she said I probably need to double the wefts if I only get two tracks. I am going to extend my hair only about four inches I think. My hair has gotten pretty long. So what do you think I have two russian wefts and I have tons of bohyme. How much hair should I do? I was thinking maybe do one track on the bottom with the two russian wefts and then one track on top with two handtied bohyme wefts. What do you think would that be enough?

Edited by juliap - August 14 2007 at 11:24am
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 11:59am
Hey Julia, I think that will be more than enough. If your hair is long enough perhaps you only need one row of the Russian, double wefted. I would try to avoid mixing the Russian hair with the bohyme hair (it might be fine but I'm not sure)

Good for you for trying the sew in!!

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 4:58pm
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=55671

On that thread there with photos she has mixed the 2 and it looks good! A lot of hair. She just did it though so i dont know how its working for her as far as mixing the two textures. Hopefully she responds.
juliap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 7:22pm

I would like to get by with just one track of double wefted Russian but I have layers and I need shorter pieces to blend.  That is why I am going to put the bohyme on top cause I don't mind cutting it.  The Russian I want to save the length and eventually grow my hair long enough so that one double wefted track will work. 

I am going to be mixing wavy Russian hair with bohyme bodywave.  The bohyme is actually not wavy enough for my hair but the Russian is a perfect match.  Hopefully the bohyme hair will conform to the rest as it dries and turn out wavy.  I have used some highlights in my hair that weren't wavy and they conformed to the rest of my hair and got wavy.  I hope that makes sense. 

Krimsa,  thanks for pointing out that thread.  Man that girls hair is gorgeous.  In the pic it looked like it blended really well. 

Edited by juliap - August 14 2007 at 7:22pm
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 9:13pm
Indeed! I bet you can blend the two pretty easily. I am wearing the Russian now by itself and it is a perfect match to my own texture but since it is so silky fine, sometimes I think i want a little more volume. Im guessing I might ad one weft of Bohyme and see how that goes. Probably the bottom layer so the Russian lays on top of it to beef it up.

Edited by krimsa - August 14 2007 at 9:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic