Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

straightened BUT NO VOLUME!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MYVxRocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MYVxRocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: straightened BUT NO VOLUME!!
    Posted: August 17 2007 at 11:57am
I have really curly hair so I flat iron it to turn it straight BUT when i do, it just stays flat.

How do I put more volume in my hair? any product suggestions or tricks/tips?

I want my hair to do this:

another example:

thanks LOL
Amira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 7:28pm
I use a chi blowdryer and a round brush near the roots. You can use some product, but too much will cause buildup and make it lay flat because of weight. I also use a chi product called Volume Booster. It's used near the root. Simple and gorgeous volume! I'm a chi fanatic. Wink

It's harder for me to get volume because my hair is pretty long, about a half inch above bra line, but I swear by this technique. If you have the short cut like you've shown on Posh, it should be easy! Just spray a small amount of a volume product near the root, lift hair straight up off your head with a round brush near the crown, and blow dry at the same time in the direction of the hair cuticle.

After your hair is dry, I reccomend using a smoothing product (again, I use Chi Silk Infusion) on the tips of your hair. I wouldn't put it on the root or near it because your volume will drop some. Then use your flat iron on the ends of your hair as well. Yay! Let me know how it goes if you try this out.
Amira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 7:29pm
oh, I forgot to mention that my hair is really curly as well.
Good Luck!

Beautylicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautylicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 11:24am
use tigi superstar as a product . U want volume like victorias thats the way ur gonna get it . Also i find parlux dryers and ceramic brushes work best ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic