Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bleached melting hair. :P

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kittycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleached melting hair. :P
    Posted: August 25 2007 at 7:53pm
Today was a real nightmare.

About two weeks ago, I decided to go blonde.  My hair is naturally an auburn brown.

The first time, she foiled my entire head and it was a lovely bright orange, very patchy.  She had me come back in two days, and she colored it (she said she wasn't using bleach to be safe) which lifted it and made it nicer, but it still had some dark brown areas. 

A week later, today - she was going to cover those brown areas to make everything match.   No biggy, right?

Wrong.

She put a lot of foil in my hair and it looks like she was covering a lot more than she should have just to remove those few brown areas.  I STILL have brown areas now, even!

I KNOW she overprocessed my hair.  I had time to read an entire magazine while I was under the dryer.  A full 30 minutes, at the least. 

Afterwards she did a deep conditioning treatment (at my request), and was starting to comb it out.  Hello huge clumps of hair falling out with the comb! 

She stopped and refused to comb any more, and put a lot of leave in conditioner in my hair and told me to put in a deep conditioner overnight.

The foiled areas are seriously melting out of my hair.  I rinsed my hair tonight to put in some of the Nexxus Extremee and was very careful not to pull my hair, and still ended up with a handful of melted hair.

My hair is under a towel now, and I'll be rinsing out the conditioner in the morning.  I am terrified to see how much hair comes out tomorrow.  I haven't even brushed/combed it because I'm scared of the result.  :(

My hairdresser says that conditioning it a TON over this week should help me not have any breakage or lose the hair, but I don't see how that is possible.

Any advice?  :/

Edited to add that I've spent a good $350+ so far from her trying to "fix" my hair.  Ridiculous.

My boyfriend said he will stop by the salon on monday to have a talk with the manager about getting some of that money back. 

I'm hoping to have a toner applied by a different salon next week too, as my hair is REALLY too light, and is still a mess of different colors.

Edited by kittycat - August 25 2007 at 7:55pm
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 7:18pm
Sorry about your misfortune,kittycat. May I suggest you find a beauty supply store and buy some neutral protein filler. Buy an empty spray bottle to put it into,and spray it on your hair. Saturate it  good and leave it on for 20 minutes.
Do this about twice a week until hair feels better.You may also want to consider cutting it. A good cut will help alot with the fried ends and keep more from falling out.
groberts80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote groberts80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 7:48pm
Im really sorry this happened to you. I have had my hair fried pretty bad a few times and the nexxus emergencee is really good stuff. As for your hairdresser owing you a refund, she most certainly does. It should not have taken her three times to get what you asked for. Granted,mistakes do happen, but she should not have had you pay. She owes you a refund. I hope you get at least some of it back. Hang in there, keep conditioning like crazy and things will get better.
kittycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 7:57pm
My hair is better now.  :)

I did get a refund, but only for $175.  It cost double that, but I'm just happy that I was able to put that towards having another salon repair the damage she did, without having to pay anything extra.

My hair is now a little shorter, but still to my shoulders, and looks really decent.  No more hair is falling out, thankfully.

Definitely a VERY scary experience!  :(
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 9:14pm
Great to hear all is well kittycat! Thumbs%20Up
gojidog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gojidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 12:50pm
That's good to hear you ended up fixing the situation. - That does sound like it'd be an awful feeling! I'd be so worried if my hair was breaking like that! Do you like your hair now? :) Were they able to fix it to something you actually think looks good?
Grace
Goji Dog.com
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 6:10pm
Some stylists should be locked up! I hope your hair's improving.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic