Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need a new style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
montesgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montesgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need a new style
    Posted: September 02 2007 at 12:36pm
hi I just need some advice on what hairstyle I should try. My hair is med length, fine and wavy/straight/annoying. one side curls in & the other out- so its all curves toward my left. some days it has ringlets,others it is dead straight,most days just wild looking-- i have lately been experimenting with shorter layered looks, but i can't stand my hair touching my face, i pull my hair back most days, but it breaks around my face & sticks out

i'm getting a promotion to general manager and i want to look professional with minimal fuss ... i'm 28 yrs old and i don't want to have a mom cut

wow! --picky arent I?
any advice would help... maybe i should just shave it off and get several wigs to fit my moodSmile      thanks for any help
p.s. i am native american with a round face. slightly chubby, pinchable cheeks, smallish eyes, fine eyebrows, and i never wear makeup
i have brown hair with natural golden highlights and 3 white hairs
           thanks again for any advice
Hair_Obsession View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair_Obsession Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 12:31pm
have you tried braiding your hair?
montesgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montesgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 7:48am
i have very fine hair, it breaks and sticks out everywhere around my face if i braid or pony tail

my hair is very thick but very brittle - even headbands will break the strands, my hair naturally looks like someone rubbed a balloon on it--its wild and sticks straight out, lotions and frizz ease make my hair greasy and limp or my hair just ignores all product and frizzes out anyway
how can i look professional and not like einstein?

Edited by montesgirl - September 05 2007 at 9:20am
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 1:39pm
Its hard to make suggestion without a picture.. can you post one?

Given your comments - don't like to touch your face, no make up pull it back every day... it sounds like you don't want to and don't plan to fuss with your hair much.  Either very short or a ponytails are you only options.

Edited by Hal - September 06 2007 at 1:42pm
Seraphina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seraphina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 10:06am
Hair spray takes care of any stray strands.  Have you tried braiding your hair higher up the head to get those strands inside the braid?  I note the date of your post now and quite possibly you have already chosen a style more suitable to your needs. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic