Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eggwhites?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hairstyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairstyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eggwhites?!
    Posted: September 03 2007 at 3:56pm
I suppose this is the right place to post this.

I have heard this just recently, but it in fact, apparently, a technique that goes back for a while.

Using the whites of eggs, and beating them, then applying them onto your hair makes for a very strong "gel", if you will. I hear that punks used to use this technique back in the day.

Does anybody know anything else about this technique? And you would have to spray some deodorant on your hair afterwards, I am guessing?

[IMG]http://i19.tinypic.com/54nkpr7.jpg" />
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 9:02pm
You are correct....punks did (and some still do) use egg whites and even glue to get their hair to achieve those amazing heights.

Just beat the whites into peaks and apply.

You are also correct about the smell. I have been told that even with the use of egg whites it pays to use lots of hairspray to overcome the smell.

Hope this helps.Smile
Merlin
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 10:20pm
Ive heard about egg whites being good for your hair as protein. Im not sure about gel. Also you wouldnt want egg whites smell in your hair? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic