FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kanye West- Graduation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kanye West- Graduation
    Posted: September 12 2007 at 9:32am

I just bought Kanye West's new album and it was a big let down.  Besides a few hot cuts, the overall album had weak production and a dull vibe.

DUB-C
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 10:58am
I listened to the two hottest cuts, I will have to check him out...
what do you think he was missin? can u put yo finger on it b/c I really was lookin' at buying it steada' dl it.

let me know
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Anomis Anomis wrote:

I listened to the two hottest cuts, I will have to check him out...
what do you think he was missin? can u put yo finger on it b/c I really was lookin' at buying it steada' dl it.

let me know

The beats just weren't hitting hard.  Like Sheek Louch would say, it was kinda moist."
DUB-C
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 12:45pm
I was never a big K.West fan I thought his first album was a classic though every track was thumpin but this one is kinda sketchy though.

Waves(2001-Present)
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 1:36pm
Kanye does not play off glam, and glitter all the time....so I thought maybe he was givin us something else.........I'll have to check it out
I like the company he keepin...Common better not sale out....
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 2:33pm

I like the company he keepin...

Yeah, Jay-Z came out for his album debut on 106 and Park yesterday.
DUB-C
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 3:14pm
didn't hear about Jz though..........
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by jamaicakid85 jamaicakid85 wrote:

I was never a big K.West fan I thought his first album was a classic though every track was thumpin but this one is kinda sketchy though.

J, I sorta thought you were feelin
K. West,
U seem to respect  50 on his biznez savy
I can't  knock him on that,
otherwise he'd be crushed by the h.wood machine
so, u diggin his music, his content?
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 5:55pm
Kanye West has mad creativity for his albums no song is the same and that is what we need in hip-hop where everything seems to be formula based.

Waves(2001-Present)
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 7:09pm
he out sold 50 on the first day
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 12:32am
Originally posted by wave connection wave connection wrote:

I just bought Kanye West's new album and it was a big let down.  Besides a few hot cuts, the overall album had weak production and a dull vibe.

You got to be recording to feel it. I'm gonna leave it at that.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 7:27am
I'm so hungry for some authenticly created hip hop, I'm bout ready to listen to Kanye West  recite his ABC's on the mic
to a psychotic beat..... He has my undivided.
Artists got mad skilz brag about it now that's...cool.

Kanye is a welcomed change from, booty, booty, booty, diamonds, booty, rides, glorify the dope game, booty, loot, kill a nygga, shoot a nygga, she gave me head and booty!, fire power, booty,  fantasy braggin, booty but cheeks,  brag brag, and oh yeah booty tracks!

I ain't tender, but I'm damned near done.book

Edited by Anomis - September 15 2007 at 7:40am
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 9:53am
did you listen to Kanye's CD
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 1:02pm
@25
I am not ready 25, for u to tell me Kanye screaming BOOTY!
NOOOOOOO!
And to answer your question NOPE. I did not.....listen to his entire CD. What's up 25 let me have it......Did you listen to it?
I'm going str8 to limewire right this minute.

LaterWink

Edited by Anomis - September 15 2007 at 1:04pm
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 2:10pm
Kanye has always been screaming booty. Nothing new there and if you're trying to avoid that stay away from Drunk And Hot Girls. 
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 3:35pm

@25
I am not ready 25, for u to tell me Kanye screaming BOOTY!
NOOOOOOO!
And to answer your question NOPE. I did not.....listen to his entire CD. What's up 25 let me have it......Did you listen to it?
I'm going str8 to limewire right this minute.

LaterWink
I bought 50 and kaynes CD and he isn't screaming booty he talkin real sh*t
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 4:12pm
so u saying it's hot, or he is braggin to much...if it's braggin bout materialism????? I may have to cut him from the team....for not playin' his position effectively.

I have not cracked this book this weekend so I lied I can not be all off into limewire (well maybe for a hot secondbarmyfor my break)
Maybe 2mro I'll have time to check on it.

Later
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 4:15pm
Just listened through it again and Kanye knows he got the game on lock.
Champion was his normal uplifting track and fits into the mode of Touch The Sky. I Wonder was a pretty good track. Barry Bonds was Kanye's spazz out track, only thing against it was I felt Wayne ruined the track. Drunk and Hot Girls was different, it was a track you knew Kanye was gonna include and it was a track that seemed like something Luda would have recorded. Flashing Lights is like Kanye Wests Workout Plan in that it really gets stcuk in your f**king head. Everything I am was the second best track on the album and is truly the evolution of Kanye West. The Glory was just kinda there. Homecoming was another track where you can see Kanye getting experimental but he did his thing.  Best track on the album was Big Brother hands down. Kanye totally made a track I culd relate to with me having a big brother. Of course thats weird since him and Jay aren't brothers and Kanye doesn't have any brothers but he just gets it even if its from a supplemental type of relationship. Its about how you always look up to these people because they are your older brother and they really don't like being your mentor but they make you earn their respect. I'm too much of a man but I felt like I could have cried to that song if I wanted to.

- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 4:17pm
the ablum tight you should check it out
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Willie SKRILLA Willie SKRILLA wrote:

Kanye has always been screaming booty. Nothing new there and if you're trying to avoid that stay away from Drunk And Hot Girls. 

Skrill
Thanks for the warningWink
OK let me explain my POV, on this thing. I love Pac and DMX...they certainly bragged and talked about sexin' they are grown sexy men....
I can get past that....b/c that is not their only position...
DMX is sensitive, spiritual, connected, and Pac, Black Panther Cub...loved his sister and mama ....right?

BUT when an artist str8 couchie'n the entire album, and that's their M.O. ALL the friggin time..OMG.  Everybody is not going to be like Common or Talib totally understadable ,
I'm screamn' go deeper, Damned we all know they having sex with women coz that got signed......But damnit...they gettn' cut from my team.

I wish T-Pain would go get a gig working at McDonalds, garbage, Polution, empty!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic