Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jenna Jameson- Much shorter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 9:48pm
I guess we can agree to disagree.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 12:56pm
     You are so right about Meg Ryan, Kramer. She's another whom we discussed. I haven't liked her hair since that abominable chick flick, "Sleepless in Seattle". But her face was always gorgeous, until now. Nose jobs are sometimes advisable, agreed, but not all that some stars are doing to themselves. Dead Blessings, Bob
glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 6:11pm
Back to longer...I like the short hair on her but she does look a bit healthier in this pic, anyone agree?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

You are so right about Meg Ryan, Kramer. She's another whom we discussed. I haven't liked her hair since that abominable chick flick, "Sleepless in Seattle". But her face was always gorgeous, until now. Nose jobs are sometimes advisable, agreed, but not all that some stars are doing to themselves. Dead Blessings, Bob

Wasn't Meg Ryan's hair long in "Sleepless in Seattle"?  Her hair was short for "Top Gun", "When Harry Met Sally", "French Kiss" and "You've Got Mail", among others.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 7:23pm

Being repetitive and/or consistent is not prohibited.  Neither is "failing" to defer to fans "on the other side of the hair-length-preference aisle."  Certainly each one of us expresses our own opinions to make our thoughts known, rather than to impress others with their uniqueness.

Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Kensrs - you better watch out... the ice gets real thin when you speak against the protected ones!!!!!

Wow Hal, I'd like to more about this protection plan!  Who gets protected, how, and by whom?

The only posts that get deleted here are spam or significant personal attacks.  And the moderation team makes no apologies for members' posts within the forum.

Originally posted by kensrs kensrs wrote:

I am not trying to cause trouble but most boards I visit, Bob is a member of. I hate opening up EVERY thread of any celebrity or any other person to see Bob state longer hair looked better, we all get Bob has a thing for long hair but come on you don't see me going to every long haired thread on the net and state she should cut it.

Thread or forum?  I am not aware of anybody trolling short hair forums with "grow it long" messages.  But within a celebrity forum, where celebrities have and have had a wide variety of lengths, any opinion goes.

In general terms I agree with your comment that reading some members' posts can be frequently irritating.  I will politely not name names.

Originally posted by kensrs kensrs wrote:

Honestly you don't need to post on every single thread. If you like long hair great visit long hair threads, if you want to say somethign occasionaly that is fine also. What Bob does though is OVERKILL.

Perhaps unfortunately for you(?), there are no specific rules here regarding frequency of comment.  As much as Bob's posting frequency appears to you to be excessive, it is not so high as to clearly constitute "troublemaking" (which, by extreme example, might be posting in every thread every 10 minutes all day long).

Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Trolling would be deliberately writing things in the hope of provoking others (flame wars, etc.). I don't believe Bob does that...

I see it as him unintentionally provoking others.  I don't sense that he tries to do it, but it certainly can and does have that effect.

These posts often include statements suggesting a particular woman’s beauty has been lost because of the length of her hair.  As if her hair “is” her beauty...

Hal, you have succinctly stated your observation.  No matter that he and I frequently agree on hair length preferences, I also (always) find myself rolling my eyes when I read the latest instance of what you aptly describe.  Sorry Bob, but it's true.  Doesn't mean it isn't permitted here, though, depending on how it's stated.  That's why we have discussions such as this one.  It is a learning opportunity.  For those who choose to reflect and reconsider.

Nearly as irritating is; if you support long hair, you are allowed to post these “pointed” responses.  Even come the short hair board and do the same, yet the rest of us are not.  Sorry Dave but I call it as “I” see it.

Hal, can you please provide some examples?

Quote from Bob provided by natasha:
Originally posted by Bob S. Bob S. wrote:

It takes the focus off even the most beautiful face. If a woman wants no man to notice her, and that's fine with me, *this* cut is *perfect*.

Natasha calls this statement trolling.  I do not disagree.  Obviously and specifically, the "if a woman wants no man to notice her" bit.  He was either very clever or very clumsy.

Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

Bob is not a troll...just passionate about long hair.

Arch, had you written these things about me, I would agree with its truth.  But I see myself as very different from Bob.  Bear in mind that a person's passion for a given hair length is not a direct reflection of their underlying character.

Originally posted by Bob S. Bob S. wrote:

Maybe my comment about that Anja model went over the line...

Yes, it did.  As a participant in this forum, you are well aware that there are men who like short hair, and you must have known that your statement as worded was false.  I ask you to choose your words more carefully, lest your posts be subject to being edited by the Moderator Team, or deleted, or more.

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 12:09am
     Truthfully, I feel pretty contrite about the Anja remark, Dave. I apologize, without reservation. Must have run out of my common sense pills that morning. Possibly a little anger spilled over, but after watching a Tyra Banks' ANTM rerun at my DD's recently, it was frustration at  avant garde stylists who do NOT consider model's long-term interests, not Anja. Some of the models were terribly upset after undesired chops, and I couldn't blame them. (Didn't some cosmetics company fire Eva Herzigova last year when she showed up on set with a short cut? And hers wasn't really bad.)
     Maybe it was Anja herself who chose the original asymmetrical cut, but when I see a radical change this unusual, I suspect over-zealotry by some salon "wizard". Best, Bob

Edited by Bob S - September 25 2007 at 12:10am
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Truthfully, I feel pretty contrite about the Anja remark, Dave. I apologize, without reservation. Must have run out of my common sense pills that morning. Possibly a little anger spilled over, but after watching a Tyra Banks' ANTM rerun at my DD's recently, it was frustration at  avant garde stylists who do NOT consider model's long-term interests, not Anja. Some of the models were terribly upset after undesired chops, and I couldn't blame them. (Didn't some cosmetics company fire Eva Herzigova last year when she showed up on set with a short cut? And hers wasn't really bad.)
     Maybe it was Anja herself who chose the original asymmetrical cut, but when I see a radical change this unusual, I suspect over-zealotry by some salon "wizard". Best, Bob

Bob,

I sincerely hope you find a way to channel your feelings in ways which do not spill over into inappropriate places.  This forum is for discussion about celebrity hair, not for emotions on topics not specifically related to the hair of the celebrities being discussed.  You may want to consider what other forum(s) may be better suited for expressing your thoughts and angst.  [Just don't post them in the Celebrity forum.  I will evaluate potential future criticisms and will respond accordingly.]

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 9:54am
I think the problem with Bob is that he seems to feel a zealotry in the cause of long hair that most of us reserve for more important things.

Having said that, I still don't think he's a troll. According to most dictionary definitions there needs to be an element of conscious wind up or deceit for someone to be a troll. We all seem to accept that this doesn't apply in Bob's case.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 11:20am
Right you are Fat...

There is a fine, but definable, line between opinion and fact, especially on the internet.  I was looking something up on Wikipedia, and the article was headed by a warning "This Article Contains Weasel Words".

In short, If the author of an article states an opinion as fact, Wikipedia heads the article with a warning.  The example they give is:

"The New York Yankees are the greatest team in baseball history"

That is a "weasel" in the opinion of Wikipedia.  They suggest rewriting that statement as follows:

"Most baseball experts consider The New York Yankees to be the great team in baseball history due to the fact they have won 26 World Series, more than any other team."

So instead of saying "no man will notice a woman with a short haircut" say, "I and most men I know will not notice a woman with short hair because many of use believe women look better with long hair".

I don't believe in absolutes.  Absolutes lead to intolerance, and if there is one thing I cannot stand, it's intolerance!  I don't lose sleep over this, it is, after all, an internet forum.  I do get annoyed when someone posts an opinion as fact.  I have probably been guilty of that in the past myself!

OK, enough ranting.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2007 at 10:26pm
Had to bring this thread back to life when I saw this picture.  The heavy bangs are not real but what's going on with her right armpit?

In case the picture doesn't work, try here:

HAWG
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2007 at 1:46am
Mutton dressed as lamb?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2007 at 10:24am
She looks a little harsh (not the hair) there...
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 7:43pm
It's been over a month. Time to revive this topic.

I think long hair is essential to the best possible look for Jenna Jameson. Anyone with me?

Here's my evidence:

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 10:54pm
Ok Kramer Yeah she looks better with longer hair. Was that link to older pic or newer?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 4:37pm
This weekend.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 4:53pm
That hair is as false as her boobs! Still, I agree she looks a lot better with long hair.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 12:46am
Does every post in which a celebrity has obvious extensions need to say it? Fatmoogas, you sure have a knack for needing to point out extensions -- and for pointing out the obvious.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 8:04am
Kramer, you have a very Caucasian view of beauty. How often have we seen you going goggle eyed over black, red or yellow women? Very rarely.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 8:34am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Kramer, you have a very Caucasian view of beauty. How often have we seen you going goggle eyed over black, red or yellow women? Very rarely.

Ok, I rarely if ever jump into these kinda frays, leaving it for Dave to moderate or others to fling the petty insults back and forth.  However, Fat, that insult is uncalled for and came completely out of left field, as there is nothing in Kramer's comment here (or any that I can remember) that would precipitate such response on your part.

Seriously, that was really inappropriate.  I'll leave it to others (most likely Kramer himself, if he feels it's worth it) to go back and link to his posts commenting on folks such as Lucy Liu, Halle Berry, Aishwarya Rai, Rihanna, Tia Carrere, etc.  Sure, he's pro long hair on all of them, but at least he's biased in an equally opportune way.

As usual,
JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 8:57am
Flea, Kramer has posted about 1500 times. The vast majority of those posts have been about white gals. I'm not accusing him of racism--just calling it as I see it. Insofar as he posts about black gals it's usually something vaguely critical (he doesn't think Halle Berry's hair is real, etc.). When did he actually post a picture of a black girl and say he thought she was beautiful? If you look back at my posts, I've done it many times.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic