Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Russian hair!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Russian hair!
    Posted: September 22 2007 at 1:14pm
OMG! My new Russian hair is unbelievable! Just installed and I have quite a bit left over. I am offering it in the trade section if your interested. I would hang on to it...but over spent, as I thought I'd need more. It's so full of body yet baby silky! I am going to vegas to rock my new do and need the extra cash!
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 9:56pm
Well. . .I was wondering how the install went. . .how many oz. did you end up using. . .?? You love the hair?? How did Heather like working with it??? Details please and PICS!!!
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 1:17pm
Hey, Fina! I am in heaven..I tell you! I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! It's exactly like my own....finally! I will never go back to anything else now. You were right! lol. Surprisingly, though it's much finer...we didnt need as much as when I wear the Bohyme French Refined. And that's with NO FOLDOVER! We only used about 5 and 1/4 oz.
The hair has so much "swing"...and my ponytail is so bouncy when I walk! LOL...It's like I have a whole new attitude! haha.
I am getting MASS complements on it. My boyfriend told me, "Ok-- it DOES look awesome and yes...it was worth the money." lol.
Heather was in awe over it. She went to the site already looking at bulk prices. :)
I just wish I hadn't bought so much of it right now! I have a Vegas trip next week and could use the money back! If I hang on to it...I will probably just color it different reds for next time. The red I did came out SOOOOOO pretty! So the dark brown and red mixed together is beautiful! I will post pics after I get back from my trip. I will have lots!
Thanks for the help on ordering different lengths. It was just right for the layers!
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 6:38pm
Wow! You went on about the bohyme the same way.

msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 10:45pm
Sorry....not sure I get your point? You can love more than one type of hair, mind you. I DO love the Bohyme....for what it is--reasonable price, very nice hair for as close as I thought I could get to my own hair. However, Bohyme is MUCH coarser than the Russian hair. The Bohyme blended well with my own because of the body in it....but this hair is a total different ballgame. So yes-- I now believe that the Russian hair is unbeatable for fine caucasian hair and I will continue to rave about it. :)

Edited by msfitns72 - September 23 2007 at 10:46pm
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 11:36am
I think you know my point.

msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 12:15pm
Uh...NO, I DON'T...I have no idea

Admin Note: We encourage everyone to post their opinions and questions on this forum. Not everyone will always understand the questions or opinions of others so please treat everyone with respect in your responses.   

HB Moderator Team

Edited by administrator - September 24 2007 at 1:03pm
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 12:19pm
Ok ladies, to your corners. msfitns were you able to sell your hair yet?
ALL EYES ON ME
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 12:30pm
Lol...no kidding, right? I am a very non-confrontational person normally...so this "internet bickering" is new for me...haha. Just wanted to offer some nice hair i have left over. Geeez.
No...it is still available. If I dont sell, no big deal...I'll keep it for next time. :)
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 12:40pm

Believe me, after seeing that you're so fast to switch from something you raved about, I'm not putting much weight into your word either.

Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 12:40pm
Girl I say keep the hair.. I would be hard pressed to sell or give away ANYTHING in my stash.. Especially hair I like.. I think I have only sold or given away TWO things out of my hair stash.. I gave hair to a friend of mine who really didn't have money to buy nice hair.. She was doing Showtime At the Apollo, and I wanted her to have nice hair for her big debut.. The other hair I sold to my stylist because she didn't like the hair her client was bringing in.. I needed an excuse to buy some other hair I had my eye on.. So I had to thin the herd so to speak to justify the purchase.. .. So I say keep it & be greedy! It's not like the hair will go to waste..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 12:56pm
Ahhh, the hair stash. You know you don't have enough life left to wear all of it but... Every now and then you pull it out from it's shrine, I mean box and admire it for a little while. Then back into your special place my sweeties until we meet againHeart%20Glasses

Edited by Ms.Honey - September 24 2007 at 12:58pm
ALL EYES ON ME
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 12:59pm
Yeah, Diva...I will probably end up keeping it since it is different layers and most people will want to buy all one length. I like to purchase 1 inch increments for the layers. That way you also are able to purchase more hair! Then I shutter to think the vendor will run out or be "out of stock" any time soon! I am thinking this hair is going to last a long while though. You can just tell it is totally not coated with anything. I just wish I'd have known how little it would actually take to make a full head of hair before I spent so much moo-lah! And lemme tell you-- I wear BIG LONG HAIR! I wore Bohyme for over a year...but this baby fine hair is a great find! Woo-hoo!

msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 8:06pm
Malibu-- it is obvious that you have some issues with the Russian hair/vendor, etc. I have no place in that....nor did I come here to start drama. I am officially apologizing for any misunderstanding or miscommunication between you and I. However, I still stand behind my opinion and comments on the quality of this hair. I like Bohyme very much....and love this Russian hair even more. Just like I love certain hair products...try some others...and then love THEM even more. Hell-- I loved Stoli vodka until I tried Grey Goose! Its now my new favorite! You get my point. Oh well...this drama is over now. I have great hair I am enjoying and if anyone is interested in trying a bit, I have it for them. If not...I'll neatly tuck it away for future use! PEACE~
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 10:32pm
I appreciate your postSmile but for the record, I haven't got hard feelings for the Russian hair vendor. I think he would love to think I gave that much thought about him but I don't.LOL

Enjoy your hair! If you can hold on to the remaining you should.

Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 12:21am
Originally posted by msfitns72 msfitns72 wrote:

Yeah, Diva...I will probably end up keeping it since it is different layers and most people will want to buy all one length. I like to purchase 1 inch increments for the layers. That way you also are able to purchase more hair! Then I shutter to think the vendor will run out or be "out of stock" any time soon! I am thinking this hair is going to last a long while though. You can just tell it is totally not coated with anything. I just wish I'd have known how little it would actually take to make a full head of hair before I spent so much moo-lah! And lemme tell you-- I wear BIG LONG HAIR! I wore Bohyme for over a year...but this baby fine hair is a great find! Woo-hoo!

Keep the hair girl.. LOLLOL You sound attached!LOLLOL I find I have a hard time letting go of ANYTHING I've got in my stash.. So why should you be any different than the rest of us who hoard hair!LOLLOL

Originally posted by Ms.Honey Ms.Honey wrote:

Ahhh, the hair stash. You know you don't have enough life left to wear all of it but... Every now and then you pull it out from it's shrine, I mean box and admire it for a little while. Then back into your special place my sweeties until we meet againHeart%20Glasses
LOLLOLLOL
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 12:28am
LOLLOLLOL
ALL EYES ON ME
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 6:24pm
hi misfitns, I say keep the hair...can never have enough hair in the shrine (as mshoney calls it!)Big%20smile

I could certainly see how Bohyme French Refined would be much coarser than russian hair, as the french refined is processed for texture.
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 8:13pm
I am sort of weird about hair also. If I buy it, it MUST all go on my head in some shape or form even if it wont fit.

I made the mistake of improperly measuring my head and then I ordered a custom weft that costed more and I didnt need all that. I learned my lesson though. Use a cloth tape measure and dont try to guestimate it lol!
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 1:12am

Misfitn,

I agree, keep the hair. Russian hair is going up on price every few months, and it's not coming down any time soon. If this hair gets any more pricey it will become for movie stars and the very wealthy only. By next year when you are ready to reorder the cost will be so high you will want to kick yourself for selling it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic