Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question about distilled water

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
walis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question about distilled water
    Posted: September 22 2007 at 5:41pm
I am newly registered around here but I've been reding you for a while. I am so happy I found this. Tons of useful advice Tongue

I am trying to make my own shampoo with no chemicals. The receipe I have contains distilled water.  Now, is it the same water we use for the car or for ironing? The one you can buy in the supermarket or petrol stations?
I don't want to put God knows what in my hair. It's falling anyway Confused

Can anybody help me here, please?

Here's the receipe:

4 oz of castile soap with any scent is that available – plain, peppermint, eucalyptus.

½ oz of rosemary - stimulates the hair follicles and helps to prevent premature baldness

½ oz of sage – has antioxidants and keeps things from spoiling and is antibacterial

½ oz of nettles – acts as a blood purifier, blood stimulator, contains a large source of nutrients for hair growth

½ of lavender – controls the production of sebaceous gland oil and reduces itchy and flaky scalp conditions

2000 mg of MSM – provides organic sulfur to your scalp, which improves the health and strength of your hair. It also helps to drive herbal nutrient into the skin and follicles where they can do the most good.

one empty 8 oz plastic bottle, or any other empty shampoo or soap bottle.

Mix the herbs in a mason jar, which has a lid. Boil 2 cups of distilled water. Add 3 heaping tablespoons of the mixed herbs into the boiling water. Pull the boiling water and herbs off the stove. Let the herb mixture sit for 30 – 40 minutes. Put the 2000mg of MSM into the herb mixture after 30 minutes of cooling. After 40 minutes and the MSM is melted, strain the herbal mixture into a bowl.

Pour 2 to 2 1/2 oz of strained herbal tea into the 8 oz plastic bottle. Now, pour the 4 oz of castile soap into the 8 oz plastic bottle. Cap the bottle and shake to mix the ingredients.

The shampoo is now finished and ready for use. Use this as a base for all of the shampoos you make. You can add different herbs as you learn what these herbs do and how they help your hair. You can vary the ingredients according to your taste. But now you have a shampoo that has no additives that can harm you.

oceanduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oceanduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 8:51am
I would say, in my opinion, that it is just the same distilled water that you can buy in the grocery stores in the gallon jugs.   I don't see why it wouldn't work in your recipe.   Sounds good!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic