Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair we go again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair we go again!
    Posted: October 02 2007 at 3:22pm
My wife finally found someone who could cut her hair like she wanted it cut, and the cost was significantly less than her previous stylist:)  I took some picks the other day with her in them and we were looking at them the other night.
Here is the photo....

Back..

Now, she liked the sides longer a few month ago but when she saw this photo, she exclaimed...."does that looks weird too you?  I'm not sure i like these dog ears!"  Now, i have always wanted her to have shorter hair, but she has always said that she wanted length on the sides b/c she is afraid that she would look like a boy, or that her face is too round and it would look funny. 

My mission was to find her a pic or two of hair cut a bit shorter on the sides so that she could take to  her stylist and lthey could decide if it would look good on her or not.  Here is the pic that i have, and she kinda liked it, but i want some more to show her......so please lend a hand if you can.  The pick actually has the way her hair is cut in the back, kinda angled up and colored darker, but it has shorter sides.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 3:30pm
Could your wife not tuck the longer strands behind her ears or clip them back with hairgrips to see how she would look with shorter hair on the sides.
If she likes the exposure then she could safely decide to have them cut off next time she is at the stylists?
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 3:34pm
Good idea, and i think she has done that and ruled out the cutting off the entire length.  However, you can see, she likes the length cut a bit near the ear.

I'll try proposing that idea to her again to see if we can make it work!

Thanks
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 3:59pm
Are these any help?
or a slightly altered shorter version
Let me know if they were any use and i'll see if i can find anymore Big%20smile
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 4:07pm
I liked the first one, that is more in line with what she likes.  The sides need to angle down some.  Funny, i have several of those picks myself, but there are some new ones, thanks!

I really like the with the girl in the white T-shirt at bottem.  That is what i would LOVE to see b/c the back is cut exactly like hers.  I also showed her this pic, and she thougt that it was too drastic.....well see

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 7:08am
For what it's worth I like #2... as for the last one...I find it really hard to look at anything but her perfect boobs!
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 1:13pm
a bit off topic, the girl in the last pick, her boobies look a hair on the low side, they maybe should have photoshopped them a bit higher! iagreesign

conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 4:51pm
Quick update, she went and had the dog ears cut off.  Her next appt is in 5 weeks and she likes how her hair is stacked up in the back, but doesnt like the way the front doesnt blend in better with the back.  I guess she means the transition from the short stacked back to the front sides and bangs.  So if there is anyone who may know a solution to this delima, lets hear em', and if you have any picks, please share.  I still hopes she leans towards this style....

or

I think I would soil myself if she came home with that cut!

Time will only tell, i got 5 weeks to work on it.

Thanks in advance!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 3:33pm
Here are a few more styles. Some you may have seen before (as one is a favourite of mine) and hopefully a few new ones.
Good luck. I like your second picture (the girl in the black top photo) that would look amazing Big%20smile
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 5:47pm
Thanks for the picks, i really like the 3rd, you dont have any other picks of that do ya?  I would love to see her hair cut like hte black top photo also.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 6:30pm
Unfortunately i do not have anymore of the first picture, but the third is taken part way through a makeover from Catwalk Hair Salon which is no longer showingCry, but i do have one more pic.
If you go there look at 2004 in a nutshell makeovers 204 and 207 (i think those are the numbers)
Also what about this pic
CheersSmile
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 7:14pm
Thanks for the picks and do you have the website for catwalk?  The second pic may be too extreme bangs for her, but the first one has "long" hair in it which is critical to her.

Thanks again, if you can send me the site, i will look there for the picks.

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 9:21pm
HAWG
Leadfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2007 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by conrad conrad wrote:

I really like that!  You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the front of the hairdo?

conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2007 at 3:23pm
Nope, i wish i did!
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2007 at 7:56pm
How does one invite themselves to watch the haircut.  Is this a strange request, will the stylist think "WTF"?

How would I ask my wife to go and watch if she decides that she wants the shorter cut?

Thanks
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2007 at 9:49pm
I go all the time with my wife.  I usually drop her off and come back about an hour or so later (after she's done with highlights) and sit in the next chair while she gets her hair cut.  It's fun and something we do about every six weeks.  The entire shop knows who I am and it's no problem me being there.  Good luck and enjoy.
HAWG
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2007 at 8:16am
How did you ask the first time that you went?
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2007 at 8:55am
take her to dinner or lunch.. just before time to go to her appointment... you will be together.. .. then just tag along... if she goes to a big place there are likely empty chairs close to her for you to sit in.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 9:47pm
She knows I love to watch so it wasn't a problem at all.  Like Hal says, there are always plenty of seats.  Once, I wasn't able to go with her and the stylist asked where I was.  It's not a big deal; go with her; have a blast.
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic