Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Willing to Fly anywhere in the US...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KristinLeigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristinLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Willing to Fly anywhere in the US...
    Posted: October 12 2007 at 8:28pm
I am pretty desperate right now. Every person I have gone to doesn't really thrill me with their knowledge on extensions. I just don't feel comfortable with the way they come across...and if I don't trust you, you won't be doing my hair.

I have heart problems and take meds for it. Over time my hair has shed and such. I used to have long blonde hair. Not anymore. I cut it all off and now have darker hair. Not too dark but maybe dark brown with some blonde thrown in there.

I want to go back completely blonde. So I want someone who can help me accomplish that and install extensions. I'm thinking maybe 18" will do. My hair is above my shoulders but I want it mid back. Maybe 22" would be too much? I'm tempted to get 22" though to have more "cutting room" should I say.

My main thing is that I'm 23 years old and I want to look like a 23 year old. Cry Not someone who is 80.

I've been quoted anywhere from $500 to $3000. I had a lady tell me that she would not touch my hair because I'm a med patient. I was a little hurt by that and didn't really know how to take it. So I just picked up my things and left. Another lady said that she'd love to have me as a model at her next extension course. She said she'd do my hair half price ($1000) if I could travel with her and participate in the class. That class won't be held for another couple of months.

A little about me. I am a motorcycle roadracer. Being that I am one of the very few female riders out there, I'm noticed a lot more. I've been interviewed and have had articles written up about me. So far I've been on MTV, SPEED, and Discovery Channel. Articles that are on various motorcycle and fitness websites. What do all these have in common?...They ALL show my hair.

I've dealt with these heart problems for years and I refuse to let it hold me back from my dreams and goals. Now I just need to get my hair back to the way it used to be.

Any recommendations?

Kristin
North Carolina

Edited by KristinLeigh - October 12 2007 at 8:32pm
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 10:39am
Hi Kristin:
I sent you a PM. . .I UNDERSTAND!!
Finafina
JOSLYNN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOSLYNN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2007 at 8:48pm
You need to look at the pictures of the extensions I just got put in they are great!!!

Let me know what you think!!
RNndsHAIR
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2007 at 5:30pm
O M G

extensionsbykim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote extensionsbykim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 1:50am
www.hairextensionsbykim.com   anymore questions feel free to contact me.  Kim Wardle
DocReeves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocReeves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2007 at 10:46pm
Kristin,

I understand your concerns.  Please visit my site www.diva-up.com and contact me with your questions.  I'll be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Doc

Edited by DocReeves - December 03 2007 at 10:46pm
extensionsbykim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote extensionsbykim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2007 at 11:18pm
www.hairextensionsbykim.com
imtabitha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imtabitha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 1:55am
Kim,

By now I am sure you have found an extensionist.  If not let me know, I will be in the Raleigh Area for  about 14 days just after Christmas.  I deal with several patients that are turning the corner with cancer.  Meds can pose a problem because they can affect the hair folicle, making it much  more likely that your own hair may be pulled out.  But that is easy to test for and there are methods that greatly reduce that risk.  Do not be angry at the lady who said she would not do it, I am sure she really did want to, but was terrified that the extensions could cause additional hair loss.  You do not want to go to an extensionist that only tells you  what you want to hear.  Many times with extension virgins, I will go through all the do's and don'ts, pro's and con's of the methods that their hair should be able to support, and if they do not ask me any questions, I send them home to really think about it, and come back to me with at least 3 constructive questions (to show me they actually thought about it) before I deciede if I am willing to take them on as clients.  Regardless of how good you are if the client fails to propery take care of the extensions they can a) destroy the hair and b) cause all kinds of problems with their own hair and scalp.  Still they blame the extensionist, and bad mouth the extensionist...   We can not afford that.
Your entire appearance depends on your hair.... Your level of attractiveness depends on your attitude.
stylistTouchNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stylistTouchNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 6:35pm
i have a heart patient who has lost all of her hair except an inch or so she is in my gallery or you can go to my web pg myspace.com/stylist324...... dont fret im in nj and i do not charge $1000!?!
stylistTouchNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stylistTouchNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 6:36pm
oh its called sewn in
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic