FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saturday Morning Cereal Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday Morning Cereal Part 2
    Posted: October 21 2007 at 12:42pm
I've never taken no for an answer
Doc told me I was gonna die I was like f**k that Cancer
Straight peter parker status I'm a free lancer
Ya girl want some money you can go head advance her
But I wont pay word to Cal pER
As the story picks up where it left off
I ran like ol boy
But this ain't a revenge story like Old Boy
It stars me and an asian mobster named Frank Choi
The money meant I couldn't tell him no like noy
So as it turns out I was the decoy
I was a substitute for the patsy like Soy
But milk is milk be it from a titty or a teet
Ya boy was full of adrenaline talking in l33t
I was seeing stars like Beat Street
Passed the general poulation
I can't be one of them I live a life with no regulation
I take what I want when I want
If I want ya girl bet she ain't gonna front
I hit homeruns ya boy don't bunt
Yall ain't on my level yall some f**king c**t
So I reach the docks
So tired wish I coulda beamed down like Mr Spocks
But what can I say if my life was music it knocks
Oh wait Nevermind I feel like I'm being watched
I drop them twin pistols looking like death sickles
into the river where I hope they freeze like Icicles
I put on my shades and its back to my spot to get my wheels in motion like tricycles
So I arrive and its live
Girls partying and the homies is waiting
But they might as well be masterbating
Cus they look ashamed
And I realize whats going on
Then its on
I reach for my babies
but they missing its like rabies
Its time for the end
Its at this point that I reccomend
You flip the tape over and press rewind I mean resend
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2007 at 5:10pm
It's messed up how you didn't get no post and you made two topics
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 6:30am

Skrilla do you consider yourself a writer? I ask this because some folks...as much as they write they'll say "No. I am not a writer". You display quite a bit of your work, pound for pound more than most folks in this forum, ((except me in my forum)),........ and that's a sorta bold move b/c u leave yourself wide open for critique....like all artist do when they display their artwork. Do you post your work in the battle forum b/c you want a battle, or are you simply sharing your work?

I write poetry, for myself, so it does not matter much if anyone posts to it.kiss I get 100 views, on a topic some times, with no posts.....rose

Edited by Anomis - November 08 2007 at 6:41am
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 10:18pm
I post it here cus I want criticism and advice. I'm not really a writer. My best stuff comes off the tip of my mind as I'm sitting at the computer.  
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 11:22pm
your work usually has a theme, it's usually easy to follow, and humurous at times, with a rap friendly flow. I can buy the gangsterism from Pac, Jz, Nas, even DMX b/c I already saw that they were intelligent, and well informed. They demonstrated understanding of the world around them, obviously you have your own unique thing...I'm just commenting on what makes the gangsterism, brag tracks, something I can identify with. U never seem to write about loss.

That's me.rose

Edited by Anomis - November 08 2007 at 11:27pm
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 11:33pm
I can't really rap about loss. I'm in like a growth period right now its like everything is on a roll for the kid. I'm mainly doing the gangster storytelling thing because I had been listening to my dude Ghost all day at the time and it was just ingrained.
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 5:51am
O I C
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 9:55am
Yeah Skrilla is a Ghostface/wu-tang fan like myself.

Waves(2001-Present)
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 11:18am
Wutang is ever so covertly conscious, they were more on some revolutionary thinking, they may have come off as "loose cannons" but RZA is an intelligent brother, and
Ghostface Killah & Prodigy - Trials Of Life (2007)
as well as Assassination Day
"white lies and blackmail land me back in jail".....those are not empty type lyrics.....

Edited by Anomis - November 09 2007 at 11:19am
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 4:13pm
They're just some smart N's. Wasn't really conscious just experienced.
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 4:23pm
Conscious music, we can define it, right?......part of it  has a great deal to do with experiences what you see, what you know to be true, Skrilla.
Have you watched Ghostface's interviews lately, I'm not trying to force the brother into something he's not, but my perception is that he is conscious of certain things, I do not see him as an empty braggart, talking
just coz it sounds good. Some artists are bigger than the boxes we try to put them in.....range

Edited by Anomis - November 09 2007 at 4:24pm
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 2:31pm
Conscious - aware of your surroundings

Pretty much everyone falls into that category. Now if you mean politically conscious alot of people fall in that too. Ghost is ghost. He's not conscious he's ghost. Same as Kanye is is Kanye, not conscious. Now Common he's more Oprah's bitch than conscious but I guess I can see that. People make conscious songs but aren't necessarily conscious. I mean look at De La Soul and how they felt after being labeled conscious.
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic