Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Well this is a long story...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mzdeidra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzdeidra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well this is a long story...
    Posted: October 23 2007 at 2:20pm
Well hello!

This might be a long introduction so bear with me LOL

I've been a lurker to this site for a while now. I think I made a name but it was so long ago that I forgot what it was. I found out about this site again while I was on another hair board. Unfortunately admin there is triflin LOL so I had to get away from that foolishness.

Anyways - now that we got that out the way - My name is Deidra and I am from Louisiana [if you're from Louisiana let me know! Woot Woot!]. I go work full time as a pool clerk at my school's Registrar's Office and I'm also a full time student in Health Admin. In my spare time I love to SHOP and is currently looking to invest in things [don't know what yet] and make my money grow on Ebay! LOL [I know I'm greedy lol]

On a serious note I have a blog dedicated to missing black women who do not get the exposure they deserve in the media. I started this blog in July of this year after hearing about the missing woman [who is still missing] Stepha Henry. I have over 200 women on my blog [check it out in my siggy].  I haven't been updating in cases for the past few days but I try to do it every day or every other day. You'd be surprised by the amount that go missing and how hard it is to find news on them. Check it out when you get a chance.

Anyways - I don't want to babble on. I talk too much LOL But hello and I hope to enjoy my stay here! :)

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 7:54am
Hi!  I grew up in New Orleans, but don't live in Louisiana anymore.  I think that's EXCELLENT you have devoted your time to making a site for missing black women!  I too noticed how the news will focus on 1 missing person here and there and harp on that same person, or on one murder case for ages, while I know people were dying in New Orleans every day getting shot and that never made the national news (especially before Katrina). 

Welcome to the site MzDeidra!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic