Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

YourHairShop - Tease hair - MY FIRST TIME

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
KristinLeigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristinLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YourHairShop - Tease hair - MY FIRST TIME
    Posted: October 26 2007 at 8:37am
So I did some research and was interested in Kristin's Tease Hair extensions. I requested a sample and it got here VERY QUICKLY. (Thanks chickie) I was impressed to say the least. So, I went out and made an appointment with a local salon to get my very first set of extensions put it. I placed my order through yourhairshop.com on Tuesday night and I got the hair this morning. Once again, quick delivery.

I am not too sure about the colors. I hope I got the right ones. I purchased: 4 packs of 613, 2 packs of 613/24, and 2 packs of 5. I go in at 11AM today to hopefully get the experience of a lifetime. haha I'm pretty sure I'll love it and I'll get addicted and wind up spending a lot of money each year on extensions. Just what I need...another "hobby" hehe Tongue

I'm ecstatic! I'll post before/after pictures when I get back this afternoon. Also, I'll keep you guys updated on how the hair works out for me. I noticed that someone was asking about the tease hair but nobody really had any answers. Maybe there have been some updated threads since the last time I checked though.

Wish me luck. I'm so happy I could cry. Clap

Kristin Davis

Edited by KristinLeigh - July 27 2011 at 12:55pm
saralee26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saralee26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 10:01am
Cool, can't wait to see the photos, I eventually want to try the tease also, let us know how it goes.
ImmortalECE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImmortalECE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 12:21pm
Man I wish I lived in the states too. I ordered my hair last friday (later at night though) and it is not here yet. But I live in Canda.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristinLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 1:56pm
holy cow I have a WHOLE HEAD FULL OF HAIR NOW!!!!!!! HAHAHA I'll post a picture in a bit Thumbs%20Up
saralee26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saralee26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 2:21pm
hurry up and post the pictures girl!  Did you  use all the hair?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristinLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 2:56pm
Ok finally some pictures.

Edited by KristinLeigh - July 27 2011 at 12:54pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristinLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 3:04pm
nope, didn't use all of the hair. I used all but one pack of the 613. Wish I had gotten more dark for underneath. But I like it the way it turned out. Smile

Edited by KristinLeigh - July 27 2011 at 12:51pm
saralee26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saralee26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 3:31pm
Looks good, I could tell you really like it, You'll have to keep us updated on how the hair holds up after washing and wearing, did u get the u tips or I tips?
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 11:28pm
BeauTiful!!!! how did u install them?
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
ikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2007 at 5:40am
very nice Clap
Sorry, still learning English
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2007 at 12:41pm
Gorgeous. Perfect color match. They make you look even youngerThumbs%20Up. Those are great shots. What type of camera did you use? Most of the pics here are from phone camerasTongue.
ALL EYES ON ME
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2007 at 3:53pm
You look amazing! I like with your short hair too! lol
I am sure you could try 18 inches long, it would look great too!
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2007 at 8:37pm
Kristin it turned out GREAT!!!  Great job on the colors and on the install. . .and do keep us posted on how the Tease wears!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristinLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 5:00pm
Just wanted to give an update on my extensions. I wish I had a better update but it's not so great. The hair is really tangly now. I can brush it 6+ times a day it seems and there are still tangles. I've lost almost 20 bonds already.

I really did study everything about extensions and how to take care of them. I thought I had done all the research about this particular type of extensions but I guess I went with just a trial and error type of thinking.

I hate to put down someone's product and that is not what I hope this is coming off as. I just wasn't blessed with a good set of hair I'm guessing. I went back to the hairdresser who installed my extensions and she said they were really dried out and I shouldn't be losing that many bonds. The hair sheds really bad. I lose handfuls a day it seems.

So, I hope someone else has a better review than mine. I'm sure this is still a good product. My hairdresser said that maybe the hair I was shipped, had been sitting for quite a while. Maybe that's why it's drying out so bad and losing so many of them.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? I looked up everything though and I'm doing what everyone says and what the websites say to do to take care of them.

I just don't know what else to do anymore. I am probably going to have to take them out and chalk it up as a loss. I just hate that I spent all that money on the extensions and they didn't last but a month. Cry

I guess I'll look around this forum some more and get an idea of a better kind of hair. Maybe that sexy hair for you?

In advance, I am truly sorry if the company owner reads this and does not like my reply. I am not trying to ruin your business. I am just stating my personal experience. Cry
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 5:20pm
Hi Kristin,
 There's no need to apologize. We review different products to recommend them and sometimes warn against the use of them. It allows vendors, if they're reasonably minded, to improve upon their products. It's free testing and feedback for them and very helpful.
  Is your hair tangling all over or just in certain areas. You may be able to isolate the ones causing the tangling and remove them and even replace them if you have any bonds left. Were all of the colors shedding?
  If you do have any left, you can reheat the keratin and reroll it and then finger comb them to remove any hair that may be loose and shed before you install them.

Edited by Ms.Honey - November 19 2007 at 5:23pm
ALL EYES ON ME

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristinLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Ms.Honey Ms.Honey wrote:

Hi Kristin,
 There's no need to apologize. We review different products to recommend them and sometimes warn against the use of them. It allows vendors, if they're reasonably minded, to improve upon their products. It's free testing and feedback for them and very helpful.
  Is your hair tangling all over or just in certain areas. You may be able to isolate the ones causing the tangling and remove them and even replace them if you have any bonds left. Were all of the colors shedding?
  If you do have any left, you can reheat the keratin and reroll it and then finger comb them to remove any hair that may be loose and shed before you install them.

Mainly tangling towards the ends. But it's about an inch of tangling. I DO have a package of blonde left. I went with the blonde, then dark underneath. I think I've only lost 2 dark ones though. The dark seems to be normal. The blonde is what is giving me problems mainly. That's the color that is shedding like crazy.

I made an appointment to go back in tomorrow to see my hairdresser. I'll ask her about it and see if she can install some more bonds and give me a nice trim.

Next time I get this done, should I leave it longer so that I can plan on cutting off 1" - 2" after the first month?

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 7:20pm
I usually order longer than I need just in case. You stytlist may be able to get rid if the problem with a little razor cutting on the ends, I'm sure she can fix it. If not, replacing some may work. Can you post a pic of the problem area?
  Many brands have issues with the blondes. I think Bohyme has been successful, (no tangling or matting, affordable prices) but I don't know if the sell pre-tips you may have to do that yourself.
ALL EYES ON ME
saralee26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saralee26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 7:21pm
I've heard alot of people having trouble with the tease blondes, if I were u I would try some Indian Blondes, or maybe get some virgin hair and have your hair colored by the stylist to your desired color.  What kind of shampoo are u using on it?  I never heard of losing that many bond especially in the fusion!
ImmortalECE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImmortalECE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 7:23pm
I had the D-Lux hair and it did kind of the same thing. Shedding and the bonds shreaded, I took one out to replace it because it was bugging me, and the bond (which I re-tipped myself too) was all disinigrated and shredded. Odd, I used what I was supposed to. Of course this is by no fault of Kristen, she was prompt in sending me the hair and such. I have been trying to contact her for 2 weeks with no answer though now. I am a bit worried.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristinLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 7:39pm
Ms.Honey, I will try to post a picture. I'll try to even take a picture of the bond so you can see it and you can tell from the picture how dried out it is. Is this normal? My stylist wasn't too thrilled with it and suggested the SexyHairForYou.

Saralee, I will look into the Indian Blondes. I think the other color I got of the Tease is working out will though. Like I said, I only lost maybe 2 of the dark color. I think that's pretty good for a month. For shampoo and conditioner I use Biolage products - Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm

ImmortalECE, sorry to hear that. :( I hope she gets back in touch with you soon. Good luck.

Also, can you tell me what is a good treatment to get my hair back to being silky smooth? I have stopped straightening my hair and cut back on blow drying. I'm trying to make this hair last as long as possible. haha I'm not the richest person in the world so paying $800 each time isn't easy. I am still in college so it's hard to find the time/money to get this done.

One last thing. What can I use to get longer bangs? I don't want the fusion in front. I'll try to find a picture of what I want.

Edited by KristinLeigh - November 19 2007 at 8:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic