Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Male with baby fine, abundant hair needs help!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Male with baby fine, abundant hair needs help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ccotton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccotton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Male with baby fine, abundant hair needs help!!!
    Posted: November 04 2007 at 3:44am
Okay, I'm a 20 year old male with a horrible medium length hair cut that has a mind of its own. My hair is BABY fine, but extremely abundant. When brushed, it tends to be straight and when I don't brush it it's rather wavy. I'd like to know a few things that would REALLY help me out.

1.)What shampoos/conditioners/etc. can I use to give my hair more volume and not lay so flat on my head???

2.)What can I do to make my hair a little more wind resistant??? (One gust of wind can give me a bad hair day for the rest of the day.)

3.)Is there anything I could do to make my hair appear more curly??

4.)Can I do anything to make my hair strands thicker???

I know these probably seem like stupid questions but I have absolutely NO idea when it comes to hair. Any advice is appreciated. Thx :)!!!

-Christopher Cotton
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2007 at 7:41am

I feel your pain with the wind and bad hair days.  I have the same problem.  If your hair is very thick you might try getting a perm or a body wave.  If done right, it might be just what you are looking for to add body and curl.  I don't generally recommend them for fine hair but if your hair is very thick you might be OK. 

My son has very fine, very thick hair and he has tried it all ways from long to shaved off.  He does best with just a short sides, long top cut that is very wash and wear.  He is an athlete though and needs to wash it two to three times a day depending on his workout and school schedules.

As for products try volumizing shampoos or clarifying shampoos (I rotate between them for my hair).  If your hair is long enough and you don't want to go the perm route you can maybe try scrunching with some gel or glue.  There are some pretty good products out there now.  I generally go for the salon quality ones.  I like Jonathan Product Dirt, some of those new glues, Kenra 25 hairspray (I haven't found anything better in three years of trying).  My daughter uses an Aussie scrunching gel that works wonders on her straight, long, fine hair. 

You kind of have to experiment to see what works best on your hair for what you are trying to achieve and the amount of time you are willing to spend styiing your hair.  I am a product junkie but I find that most of them do not work for me.  Being a guy I don't know how committed you are to daily styling and multiple products.  I am surrounded by men who refuse to do more than wash and possibly brush their hair so it is really up to you.

The only thing that will change your texture is perming but you have to be willing to keep up the maintenance and you must be careful because it can burn your hair and then you have a real mess. 

Consult a good stylist and bring some definite ideas about what you want your hair to look like and how much time and money you are willing to spend on it.  Thick, straight, fine hair is just about the most beautiful hair to have.  I am sure you can get something that looks good and makes you happy.  Keep trying!
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic