Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How would this look?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsAmandaR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsAmandaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How would this look?
    Posted: November 05 2007 at 6:26pm

Alright, I'm sort of obsessing today.  I know I want to go short but I can't afford an expensive hairdresser and I'm worried it won't come out right unless I am extremely specific.

Anyway, this is my hair:

I want to cut it sort of like this:

Since my hair is thick and wavy, will this work for me?  I am pretty sure a bob won't work for me, too much work to straighten it and get it to curl under the right way.  Should I get choppy layers or shaggy layers or what?

Please help, and thank you!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2007 at 7:47pm
Wow, you're really up for a big change.  My wife also has thick and curly hair and she has been very short before; she also has worn a bob but she did have to blow it out everytime.  It's all in the cut.  The first time she went short she did it at a Fantastic Sams and got great results.  I would take pictures of what you want; if the stylist balks at what you want to do, go somewhere else.  You're paying for the cut, get what you want.
HAWG
MrsAmandaR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsAmandaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2007 at 3:47pm
Well, it's done.  Not quite as short as I was thinking, but it was hard to tell when it was wet while I was getting it cut.  I do like it though, I'll probably wear it like this for a while and get it shorter next time.

Should have pics in a couple days.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2007 at 8:27pm
Glad you you like the results; anxiously awaiting the new pictures.
HAWG
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2007 at 6:46am
Is that a picture of you?  I look at it and I see Drew Barrymore who happens to be one of my very favorite ever short haired women.  If I were you I would look for pictures of her because she had a thousand hairstyles and they all worked.

Good for you cutting it all off.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 1:36pm
What about something like this?
or
or if you're feeling particularly daring
Let me know if you like any of these and i'll see if i can find more of the same.
Smile
Good luck
S
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 9:42pm
wow thats alotta hair off!
did they stylist cut the bottom with clippers or is it all one length around?
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Aishwarya Rai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aishwarya Rai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2007 at 2:39am
Sure, it will sure you, as your hair is shiny, wavy and straight-friendly, but take care, when u go for a cut, keep it shoulder length first, and do not go straight for the shorter version of the bob, or shortest to say so!!!

Inform us, if u got the hair trimmed or cut or not? How it luks?
Aishwarya Rai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aishwarya Rai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 3:28am
Great, that u decided to get the cut, but it has been so many days, as u infromed about ur hair getting it cut, but still u have not pasted or posted any of ur photos, why? We look forward to ur haircut snaps out hair!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic