FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jay-Z- American Gangster.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jay-Z- American Gangster.
    Posted: November 08 2007 at 9:26am
What do you think about the album?
DUB-C
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 3:11pm
I did not cop the Album, can you give me some tracks? Cool, I will check it out? Saw the movie tho
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 10:21pm
The album was the best this year. I felt real bad for some of the kids at school missing out on this because they have Wayne's dick so far up there ass. They was still mad Jay had a prob with Wayne for that little amount of time. I was like "Ay looka here boi my man Jay had this little homo apoligizing like a bitch and yall still think Wayne would've got em." But yeah more on topic he killed this. Roc boys for life.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Willie SKRILLA Willie SKRILLA wrote:

The album was the best this year. I felt real bad for some of the kids at school missing out on this because they have Wayne's dick so far up there ass. They was still mad Jay had a prob with Wayne for that little amount of time. I was like "Ay looka here boi my man Jay had this little homo apoligizing like a bitch and yall still think Wayne would've got em." But yeah more on topic he killed this. Roc boys for life.

Wayne is on the album.
DUB-C
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 9:59am
Yeah Wayne is on the album and Wayne isn't in the same class lyrically as Hov, Wayne is more of an "entertainer" , but back on topic I definitely need to cop that album ASAP!!!!

Waves(2001-Present)
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 4:15pm
Well wait if anyone falls into the category of entertainer its Jay.
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Willie SKRILLA Willie SKRILLA wrote:

Well wait if anyone falls into the category of entertainer its Jay.

True indeed.
DUB-C
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 3:56pm
Lol who is Jay entertaining? He ain't entertaining me, as a matter of fact he should have gotten married to Beyonce YEARS ago now it's starting to get corny, they both make a boatload of money so they technically would be well off with each other because they probably have damn near a billion dollars collectively. But back on topic that "was" the only thing really entertaining I found about Jay-Z,. Now Wayne on the other hand, keeps getting locked up in some cities he goes to, he kisses Babies(much pun intended)LOL, and then that ghostwriting issue, Wayne is definitely more of the "entertainer" while Jay is 100% business his rapsheet would say "all business". 

Edited by jamaicakid85 - November 10 2007 at 3:58pm

Waves(2001-Present)
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 6:36pm
His rapsheet says entertainment is his business. 
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 7:16pm
LMAO!!!

Waves(2001-Present)
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 12:37pm

Jay-Z said, "I'm not a businessman, I'm a business, man."

DUB-C
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by wave connection wave connection wrote:

Jay-Z said, "I'm not a businessman, I'm a business, man."

Well I believe him he is one of the richest if not THE richest person in the industry, this dude was a millionaire before he even started rappin now thats a hustler.

Waves(2001-Present)
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 1:51pm

I wonder some times did I go into the wrong bisiness......

I wonder.....
JMAN21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMAN21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Anomis Anomis wrote:

I wonder some times did I go into the wrong bisiness......

I wonder.....
?? lol??
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 4:02pm
b4 he started rappin' was he servn'stones?
coz that I DO NOT ENVY....
but for his age....very impressive, I must admit, and maintaing too??? shoot u gotta give it up, that kinda  revenue is no joke, IRS man come u still broke.....he must have his hands on some excellent consultants. Loyal, and, and even then things switch. You can not rely on someone elses loyalty all the time......he's got to be smart himself, and keep his hands on his business at all times, else the machine gone get it.

Much respect to him for that.
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 4:15pm
Honestly I'm not an NY cat so I can't speak about him like that but I know he was a hustler. Small time but a hustler. But he rubbed shoulders with so many people that when it came time to get a distributor and he threw the duffle bag at ol boy he had been loaned quite a bit.
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic