Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any opinions on BALMAIN HAIR EXTENSIONS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
teleca25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teleca25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any opinions on BALMAIN HAIR EXTENSIONS?
    Posted: November 08 2007 at 3:06pm
Does any one have an opinion on BALMAIN HAIR EXTENSIONS?
I am seriously considering getting my extensions done in this method?
I love +HIM because +HE first loved me...[IMG]smileys/angel.gif" align="middle" />
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 10:43am
I did the Balmain training course a few years ago.  The hair is chinese and it gets very dry and tangled within a few weeks.  Their bond breaks down and sheds alot. 

I prefer Socap, and that's what I use if the client wants fusion.  You may also want to check into www.donnabellahair.com  You don't need to be certified for this one.  I've used some of their fusion hair and it held up pretty well.
teleca25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teleca25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 11:55am
THe hair that thye would be using is Indian Virgin hair? I thought that was pretty good hair?
I love +HIM because +HE first loved me...[IMG]smileys/angel.gif" align="middle" />
teleca25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teleca25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 12:18pm
I have heard that fusion can ruin hair but if done right will not. What are your thoughts?
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 9:56pm
Balmaine are sh*t :( especially if the installer is new to the method. The hair seems alright....but i hated mine so much i didnt have them in long enough to comment on how long the hair lasts.

All methods (except maybe protac) will cause damage to your own hair. The expertise of the installer will depend on how much damage is done.
ikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 8:14am

To telec

Are you referring to the strandmethode or there doubleweftsmethode?

In my opinion there doubleweftsmethode is not suited for weak hair, as they are heavy and can pull your roots out.

They are applied with keratine tips (fusionchips), and have to be replaced every 3-4weeks.

You can replace them with fusionchips ore microrings (the mediumtype, so there is enough hair in the ring).

Sorry, still learning English
AbbyMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbbyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 3:31pm

I just had to CUT a set of balmain hair extensions from my hair for the same reason.  I could not wear my hair down (which defeats the purpose), they were so tangled and matted within an hour if I did wear them down so I cut them out after three weeks and guess what....TRY and get a refund.  I'm actually going to start a class action suit as I'm not the only one....and they won't back up their own product.  If you don't like them.  Tough.

Great Lengths are fab....had them four times (you think I'd stop cutting my hair by now).

AbbyMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbbyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 3:33pm
Balmain are s*&t!  I just cut a set out of my hair after three weeks and they won't give me a refund.  Anyone interested in filing a formal complaint can email me as I don't like being ripped off.
AbbyMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbbyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 3:54pm
DON'T USE BALMAIN...I call them BadMane.  hee.  I had a set that lasted three weeks, tangled, matted, couldn't brush them, and mine were the wavy and once they were blown dry, never curled again.

BadMane refuses to give me a refund, so I'm gathering names of people in similar situation to file a lawsuit...there's SO many.
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 4:09pm
Oh, sorry to hear that Abby. That's the worst!!

AbbyMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbbyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 4:15pm
They advertise that they have a six month guarantee, but they don't honor it!  Sucks really.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 4:40pm
I have never heard many positive reviews on Balmain hair, but what good is a 6 month gaurantee, if they dont honor it? Ermm
bethy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bethy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 9:14pm
has anyone used euro socap if so was your hair completely destroyed when you removed them??
bethy :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic