Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Gangster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Gangster
    Posted: November 08 2007 at 3:21pm
It was a cool flick, honestly....I have to say that although the story of a mans life was intresting, and informative..........I was not all that impressed. Probably seen too many gangster rise and fall movies, where there is corrupted law inforcement. Denzel Washington, Russel Crowe, Common, Cuba Gooding Jr., Ruby Dee, Former Miss Puerto Rico Lymari Nadal.
1 quotable line I thought was cool. "The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room"
SmileSmileSmileShocked

Edited by Anomis - November 08 2007 at 3:26pm
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 10:25am
This tops the list of movies that I need to see ASAP I heard many good things about this movie though.

Waves(2001-Present)
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 10:52am
ya  know what they say............
"to each her own"
The story needed to be told, but I already figured Lucas out, off rip. Without giving "it" away, how hard is it these days to factor, dirty popo, atleast 1 beautiful women, and a host of activity surrounding the degrading treatment associated with the Black Poor American experinces as related to coming and going where successful gangsterism is concerned.
I've been told the story ample times, Lucas's details were different.
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2007 at 4:49pm
The basic thing is that he was discovered because of the coat his women bought him. Thats real. I guess erry Adam has his Eve.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2007 at 5:58pm

Lucas got completely busted for more reasons than one.

Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2007 at 6:02pm
The thing is they never would have known it was him until they saw him in mink at the fight. If he had just been sitting front row they probably would've figured he was one of them newfangled rich black men but when they saw the mink they realized something was up. Thats why Nicky Barnes always had the police on his ass. He was too flashy. No one would have ever thought the drug kingpin was a black man let alone a southern black man.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 11:14am
Wow I'm BS'n hard I still haven't seen this movie yet!

Waves(2001-Present)
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 5:43pm
yeah it was worth watchin Jkid....if folks haven't already gave it away, I would reccomend u still check it out....story needed to be told.
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2008 at 11:09am
I will definitely check it out at the next available opportunity.

Waves(2001-Present)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic