Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cutting it in a week!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kaypetrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cutting it in a week!
    Posted: November 12 2007 at 10:04pm
awhile back i decided to stray from my normal short do's and grow my hair out long. lets just say that its not really all that attractive. i tend to just throw it up before work, and my hair really isnt looking too hot right now!

i've made an appointment for next monday-- cut & color!

just thought it couldnt hurt to get a few suggestions :)

here's the most current pic, after about 45 mins of blowdrying and straitening

i'm planning on darker, redder, and shorter. just not sure the amount of each. i'm kinda bummed, i've always loved my hair short. but now its the "in" thing to do!

this is where i had it last time, but i think i want to go shorter.

any ideas/opinions would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Edited by kaypetrich - November 12 2007 at 10:05pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2007 at 10:18pm
I vote for an inverted bob.  Conrad, how 'bout some pics?
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2007 at 10:26pm
thats what i was thinking!
GC2599 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GC2599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2007 at 11:36pm
how short of an inverted bob you thinking of getting?
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 4:07am
Wow,you really look great with short hair!
I like it how you have it in the second picture there.
LadyinDiamonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyinDiamonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 5:52am
You do look good in a short hairstyle.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 8:55am
I love the color in your first picture.

I agree with everyone else, you look great in short hair!
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 9:34am
Ask and ye shall receive...

if you like the pick below, go to ..  http://www.unisex-friseure.de/Style/  and hit the "short" link on the left side.  They have a HUGE selection of cool cuts at all lengths.

Good luck, and if you would like to see some more, kinda tell us what you are looking for.  I have a bunch of picks of shorter hair also.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 9:40am
Here are some sites that are great for a variety of styles..

http://www.frisurenbuch.de/page3/kurz_1/kurz_1.html  click on weiter to go to the next page (at bottom)

good luck! and let us know what you decided if you can!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 5:42pm
I think you would look good with long or short hair, but i think Conrads first picture would look amazing on you. You look like you have a similar jaw line to the model in the picture and it will bring out yur eyes.

If you go for it let us know how you get on.
All the best
S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 9:38pm
thanks so much for the comments and pictures!

i'm really counting down until monday :)

i want to go shorter than what you see in the second picture, and darker/redder. my color looks pretty neat in the first picture... good lighting i guess because it hasnt been looking like that lately!

i think i can pull of shorter, i'm a pretty tall/slim girl. i hope it wont look to boyish!

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 9:40pm

Thanks Conrad.  Johnny on the spot as always.

Kay, I too think you look great with short hair.  The style I'm thinking about is a little shorter than your second picture; something like the eighth picture Conrad posted (the one below Christina Ricci's).  Awesome.

HAWG
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 1:27am
I hope you update us with a picture of your new do'!Thumbs%20Up
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 10:15am
here are some shorter styles...

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 9:59pm
Kay, let us know what you're thinking, please.
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 11:27pm
 sorry! i've been swamped with papers and midterms this week!

thanks for all of the pictures, they really help! so far i'm not a big fan of the stacking in the back... and i'm not to sure if i want to lean anywhere near bangs (havent played that card since i was in middle school?)

i'll keep you posted! i am sooooo looking forward to a clean cut and nice, new, rich color!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 6:14pm
Well if you don't like stacked backs or big bangs, then what about these?
and finally ( i apologise for the near nakedness of the next model in advance. I hope no one is offended).
So what do you think? Anything like what you had in mind?

Cheers
S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Snipette Snipette wrote:

So what do you think? Anything like what you had in mind?

Cheers
S

i ABSOLUTELY LOVE that cut! where did you find the picture?!
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2007 at 8:08am
Not liking the stacked back, let me see what i may have.....

Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2007 at 5:39am
I'm glad you liked it.

I found that picture sometime ago and it has just been sitting in a picture file on my PC. So unfortunately I can't remember where it came from, but if i do find outi'll let you know.

Good luck and post an after pc so we can see how good you look Smile

Or if i'm really cheeky how some before, during and after pictures Wink as i think the transformation will be fantasticBig%20smile

All the best
S
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic