Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi I'm NEW need some ADVISE....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Annette* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Annette* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi I'm NEW need some ADVISE....
    Posted: November 21 2007 at 1:02pm
I have always wanted long hair and due to the fact my hair is curly from the root yet straight on my t-section (top section (great combo - not) I havent been able to grow it past my shoulders as all it does is gets wider or the condition is trashed from using the GHDs all the time - you know the story!!

I must add that my hair is pretty amazing in that you can do anything to it. Its been coloured, permed, straightened and permed again all in one day before and it didnt fall out LOL Its quite thick, coarse hair when left untreated.

Anyway, I was talking to my hairdresser about extensions and he does the Cinderella ones. I am really keen but wondered what the best types were.

I have a short bob at the mo.... which I have to straighten everyday (GHDs - would like to know about irons too as it goes)...I also have my hair chemically straightened every 5-6 months or so, just so its more manageable.

Anyway I'd love to hear what your thoughts are and help me decide!!

Hair at the mo

Wont get longer than this. This is curly hair straightened and is still frizzy.
Annette xxx

www.2swim4life.com
SUMMERlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUMMERlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 5:14pm
I can't offer alot of advise with salon extensions, since I'm a do it yourselfer.
Since you have that bob, I think the best kind of extensions for you is pre tipped individuals pieces, wefts wouldnt work for you.
Since you hair can handle chemicals, I'de say get i tips in with fusion.

But whatever, I'm not an expert ^_^
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 5:47pm
Hello and welcome  to our family of hair addicts!
you could do individuals very nicely. cinderella is glue.( fusion, keritin protein) it all adds up to the same thing- glue-
the only draw back to using any type of glue is most times the hair is not reusable so replacing the hair every two or three mths can get costly.
hair should be maintaned every two mths to keep from tangling and matting. make sure who ever you go to is licensed, certified in at least one method and has a portifolio for you to look at and references. Find out home care and how long the hair should last you.

do your research, get different opinions from other stylists too. then after that, make an educated decision.
Good luck
s

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
*Annette* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Annette* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2007 at 12:08pm
Thank you for your reply . I am such a novice about all of this! Colouring is more my bag Wink

If you have a few mins would you tell me some more about the "individuals" you mentioned.

Thanks Big%20smile

Annette xxx

www.2swim4life.com
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2007 at 3:32pm
there are few different types of individual installs-
cinderella, great lengths, fusion, protein, wax, keratin, the aer all glue- they are installed with a bond that is attached with heat or glue to your hair. To remove that, using either acetone, alcohol or oil(depends of what is used) then that is crushed with a plier to get the glue to break down. Once that is done, the hair is removed and most times discarded.

microcylinders- there are a few different kinds and are avail in a variety of sizes- they are threaded into your hair using a threading or loop too- once the cylinder is put in hair, a grouping of strands with a bond on it is inserted and then the cylinder is closed with a small plyer type tool.
to remove or do maintance there are also a few different types of tools to open up the cylinder. once it is checked ( usually afer three months) then it can be reused and moved up.
this method the hair is reusable.
hope this helps
SUMMERlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUMMERlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2007 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by TanglesRC TanglesRC wrote:

there are few different types of individual installs-
cinderella, great lengths, fusion, protein, wax, keratin, the aer all glue- they are installed with a bond that is attached with heat or glue to your hair. To remove that, using either acetone, alcohol or oil(depends of what is used) then that is crushed with a plier to get the glue to break down. Once that is done, the hair is removed and most times discarded.

microcylinders- there are a few different kinds and are avail in a variety of sizes- they are threaded into your hair using a threading or loop too- once the cylinder is put in hair, a grouping of strands with a bond on it is inserted and then the cylinder is closed with a small plyer type tool.
to remove or do maintance there are also a few different types of tools to open up the cylinder. once it is checked ( usually afer three months) then it can be reused and moved up.
this method the hair is reusable.
hope this helps

hm actually i heard that with the micro link thing, the hair cant be re used. because the ring crushe the bond so when you take it out the glue is smushed and unable to fit in the ring again.
but maybe not..i dunno >.<
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2007 at 2:18pm
no the hair is reusable. it depends on how the ring is opened. all my hair is reusable.
some stylists say its not reusable to get u to buy new hair each time.
if the bond is flattened, you can use a iron to heat it and re roll.

saralee26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saralee26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2007 at 4:09pm
You can reuse hair used in fusion, u just have to becareful and take your time getting them out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic