Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tips to grow stronger nails!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
monicawebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monicawebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips to grow stronger nails!
    Posted: November 08 2011 at 10:07am
Put vaseline on your nails :)
kevin_dp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2011 at 3:54am
To keep your nails hydrated, rub a small amount of petroleum jelly into your cuticle and the skin surrounding your nails every evening before you go to bed or whenever your nails feel dry.
Jnelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2011 at 1:51am
Use Flax seed oil, Vitamin E, Almond oil or Jojoba oil on the nails as these oils are rich in fatty acids, anti-oxidants and nutrients that  help promote healthy and stronger nails.

Edited by Jnelson - September 19 2011 at 1:54am
jimjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2011 at 1:24am
 filing daily keep clean(recommend )
linzyjessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linzyjessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 7:30am
The growth rate and health of your nails is reflected in your diet. Problem nails can also be caused by many different factors including frequent washing, exposure to harsh detergents, frequent manicures, and humid environments. Dietary supplements such as Knox for Nails, Gelatine Dietary Supplement,  provide important nutrients that help promote healthy, stronger nails.
rozerleft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rozerleft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2011 at 1:01pm
You ought to buy a nail strengthener or treatment as they are sometimes called. They help to make the surface of the nails grow stronger over time, and protect them from breaking. Different treatments treat different conditions, so someone with excessively soft nails would need a different treatment then someone with brittle nails.
breadpeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breadpeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 2:56pm
I never had probems with nail breaking or anything, even when I left long nails for guitar playing.
so handsome
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 4:30am
It's natural for nails to break if they're long but there are supplements such as biotin that will makes your nails strong and prevent breakage.
ross88online View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross88online Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 2:17am
I just recommend filing daily keep clean.
chasmith0323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasmith0323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2011 at 11:05pm
I suggest that you should not use your nails as tools for activities which might put pressure on them, such as dialing a phone number and opening containers. Chemicals such as detergents and paints can make your nails dry. The best way to prevent damage to your nails is to wear rubber gloves, while washing dishes or doing other types of cleaning. Get rid of the habit of biting fingernails and using them to remove food from your teeth. Do not tap your nails on hard surfaces. To grow long fingernails, you need to put a full stop on these habits. Keep your nails clean and free of dirt. Wash your hands with clear water immediately after gardening or undertaking similar activities that tend to accumulate dirt under the nails. Hope these tips are helpful. Wink
madisonaarris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madisonaarris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 1:56am
Well, I recommend regularly filling and nail buffing . It is need to stop and break or split nails and makes them look better, so all files at the same length.Do once a week, this increases blood flow and oxygen to the nail. It is about two minutes of each session and make sure to apply firm pressure, but not strong, which can damage the nail.
fancysmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fancysmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 3:00am
Nails need moisture just like your hands do. Apply moisturizing lotion on the nails of his hand. Be sure to apply a moisturizer each time you wash your hands.Use gloves. Detergents are particularly harsh on the nails and can cause splitting and peeling. Wear gloves when washing dishes or cleaning. You should also wear gloves when gardening to protect your nails from infection and prevent dryness, damage and loss of natural oils.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2010 at 9:16am
I have found that keeping them painted helps tremendously with preventing breakage. Also, since I started drinking more milk (2 glasses a day), they've also gotten WAY stronger, so calcium must be important.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Purdy Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 12:15pm

In the Uk, they call it Jelly, dont know what its called elsewhere.  You eat a small block of jelly once a day and that is supposed to strenthen them.

I trim my nails once a week, and also use a good metal file on them.  The wooden emery boards just dont do the trick nore the cheapy nail files.  If you get a split clip it straight away or it will travel down the nail.

Watch the nail varnish/paint as well, this can cause discolouration, you need a precoat to stop this happening.

Eat protein, as this is what nails are made of.
sanu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2010 at 12:44am
Then best thing is to protect your nails than using products to enhance.
-Prevent nail damage. Dont use your nails as a tool to pick things.
-Always keep your nails dry and clean.
-Dont bite your nails.
lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2008 at 5:31pm
One thing you can try - change your diet for healthier nails - Diet and Care Tips for Healthy Nails. Also, to avoid breaking nails or to cure brittle nails, consider trying Tips to Keep Your Nails Strong and Sexy.

Good luck!

Edited by lifelovebeauty - December 28 2008 at 5:31pm
~
Life Love Beauty
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 1:10pm
Thanks, I gotta look into Biotin
LKayL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LKayL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 2:23pm
You could start taking a supplement, biotin is meant to be good for hair and nails.
planetx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planetx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2007 at 4:36am
I gotta say my nails are reasonably strong, but right when they are just about to attain the desired length, they tend to always break. Cry What can I do to ensure to make them grow stronger and do not snap easily?!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic