Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brushing= Waves Or Du-Raging= Waves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
S.C. King View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.C. King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brushing= Waves Or Du-Raging= Waves
    Posted: December 20 2007 at 10:41am
Originally posted by khunter2010 khunter2010 wrote:

what did you do to get the right side wavin

Originally posted by LDIZL LDIZL wrote:

GOOD sh*t FAM.. that right side was holdin you back now its fillin in... i know you geeked cuz all that hard work you put in is payin off... keep it up fam you'll be one of the elites soon enuff

These are Quotes from my update a few days ago... and i  know what I'm

bout to say goes against everything I've ever learned about waves and it's

hard for me to believe... but i haven't really just BRUSHED for some WEEKS... i

just make sure i wave-cap up every night with 2... and been using 360

Pomade... So my question iz Does brushing or Du-raging give more

progress... AND REMEMBER I SAID I KNOW THIS GOES AGAINST

EVERYTHING I Know And Agree With About Waves... Just A THought...

Edited by S.C. King - December 20 2007 at 10:41am
S.C. King View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.C. King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 12:24pm
nobody as an opinion???
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 1:18pm
If you don't brush, your waves will lose definition.  By wearing a durag and/or wave cap(s) at night, with an established pattern and minimal brushing, your just maintaining. 

No brushing, no progress.

Edited by wave connection - December 20 2007 at 1:18pm
DUB-C
Ima Try View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ima Try Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 2:27pm

^^^^^^^

KingProdigy617 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingProdigy617 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 3:09pm
Bro, I made some chicken nuggets just now. Good as hell. But anyway, i've seen peeps with waves that NEVER durag. They say it looks dumb. Brushing is def more important.
doctah1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctah1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 4:04pm
I think that you can choose either of the 2 extremes, brushing or du-ragging. Or do what a majority of people do, brush and du-rag for progress and definition.
Don Twista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 4:47pm
duraggin doesnt progress ur waves..it maintains..u dont wake up with more waves then u went to sleep with..there just neater and layed down
S.C. King View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.C. King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Don Twista Don Twista wrote:

duraggin doesnt progress ur waves..it maintains..u dont wake up with more waves then u went to sleep with..there just neater and layed down

maybe that's what it waz... since i stopped brushing so much just started making sure i du-raged properly my waves on my right side started to show their definition...
JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by S.C. King S.C. King wrote:

Originally posted by Don Twista Don Twista wrote:

maybe that's what it waz... since i stopped brushing so much just started making sure i du-raged properly my waves on my right side started to show their definition...

Correct!
Personal Record: 6-0!
ChristianTN8IS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristianTN8IS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 5:52am
I will still suggest uncertainty to the question because of the fact most people do not have waves hardly at all under the durag line without kingcash mething so....
http://myspace.com/christianh

KingProdigy617 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingProdigy617 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 6:03am
But you can't just du-rag that spot and waves will magically form. You need to brush that area. THEN waves will form.
southrap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 8:32am
Originally posted by ChristianTN8IS ChristianTN8IS wrote:

I will still suggest uncertainty to the question because of the fact most people do not have waves hardly at all under the durag line without kingcash mething so....

the thing about this though, is that once you get the waves well trained, that's when you will hardly need the du-rag as much, as long as you're brushing.  du-ragging doesn't only maintain, but it actually helps change the texture of your hair by locking the moisture in your hair and keeping it moisturized longer

which is why the areas that don't get covered by the du-rag or wavecap is rougher than the rest of your hair.  the moisture doesn't get locked in so it can't be trained to lay down.

hopefully this statement will settle the debate of whether the du-rag is actually needed or not
S.C. King View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.C. King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 11:20am
Originally posted by southrap southrap wrote:

the thing about this though, is that once you get the waves well trained, that's when you will hardly need the du-rag as much, as long as you're brushing.  du-ragging doesn't only maintain, but it actually helps change the texture of your hair by locking the moisture in your hair and keeping it moisturized longer

which is why the areas that don't get covered by the du-rag or wavecap is rougher than the rest of your hair.  the moisture doesn't get locked in so it can't be trained to lay down.

hopefully this statement will settle the debate of whether the du-rag is actually needed or not.

what if ur not brushing as much and du-raging and moisturizing more and only doing a little brushing wouldn't it make your hair easier to wave cause you are changing your texture... like what I'm saying it what if u du-rag and moist. instead of brushing and only brush sometime like u say u du-rag when ur pattern is set???
stormy_seas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormy_seas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 12:29pm
you brush to get your curls in a wave pattern. if there already in the pattern you want, you barely have to brush anymore. just a couple strokes then durag.......easy
www.datpiff.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic