Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can My Hair Be Saved?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
doty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can My Hair Be Saved?
    Posted: December 22 2007 at 11:59am

first of all, hello! i'm new. this is my first thread :]

anyway,

back in november, i decided to wow my relatives for thanksgiving and bleach my hair. i have naturally dirty blonde hair, but i wanted to go very blonde.
my hair was all ready overprocessed for it had been dyed far too many times and constintly flat ironed.

for some reason, i still went ahead with the bleaching.
it was horribly damaged. it was breaking off everywhere, it was totally fried, and i had lost so much hair. it wasn't to the blonde i wanted it to be, and it did not look good at all. another rash decision later, and i dyed my hair dark brown. i think that really sealed my hair's death.

it was been five weeks now and it has improved. it is to the point where it looks and feels like hair again, but, you can tell it was definitly fried.
i had much of it cut, much to my disapointment; i was trying to grow it out.
i don't mind getting more cut (i think i have to) but i would rather not.

i have been using nexxus emergencee, neutrogena hair masks and nexxus shampoo. i am also taking hairtopia, i believe it is helping, but it is too early to tell.

so, my question is what can i do to further improve my hair? what products should i use? what should i do or not do?

also, i have always slept with wet hair. now, however, my hair will be a total rat's nest. it will be so dry and tangly. not to mention horribly puffy.
i am thinking this is just a side effect of the bleaching, but should i really be worried about this?

thanks!
doty
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 1:42am
Dont sleep with wet hair.That's number one.
Get a silk pillow case.They are easier on your hair then cotton ones,and you'll have less tangles when you wake up.

Put conditioner on your hair and leave it in for as long as you can sometimes.I used to put in conditioner and just watch tv for hours with it in my hair while it was wrapped in a warm moist towel.

Look into a hair smoothng serum.It will lock down any frizzes and smooth the cuticle,making it tangle less and feel softer.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 4:39am
well, unfortunately, you're going to have to spend a bit of money on great, great products to try and save your hair. After lightening my hair it went crazy (I too, blame straightening) and I purchased Ojon products - the restorative treatment and the shampoo and conditioner (about $130), and it has helped so much. It's actually repairing my hair, as opposed to just coating it with silicone (hello Pantene). No heat styling, and leave in a treatment overnight as often as possible. Ask your hair dresser for a great treatment, but be aware they might just be promoting their own lines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic