Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats wrong with my hair?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
joshx12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshx12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats wrong with my hair?!
    Posted: December 22 2007 at 9:30pm

As you can see in that pic its like i have less hair in that area closest to the side of my head. Why is my hair like this and is it possible to fix this to get to grow fully like the other half?

Thanks

Edited by joshx12 - December 22 2007 at 9:31pm
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 10:13am
It looks okay, I can see that its thinner, but others don't often focus on us that much, and unless you tell them other people may not even notice.

Are you sleeping only on that side?  You may want to consider buying a satin pillowcase so your head can slip over it more easily without pulling out hair. 

If that's not it, try to think of anything else you do only to that side.  Are you right handed and always pulling on your hair on that side? 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
joshx12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshx12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 1:44pm
Could it be like genetics or something? Is my hair thinning/falling out? :( I never pull my hair.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2007 at 8:06am

It could be, if your mother's brothers have thinning hair, (the baldness gene runs on the mother's side), you may inherit it also. But if its only on one side, I think it is more likely something else causing it.

If you want to try a satin pillowcase to see if it happens when you sleep, you can buy only the pillowcases at www.tenderheaded.com  They sell a zippered single case for 9 bucks.

Edited by Susan W - December 30 2007 at 8:07am
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
joshx12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshx12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 8:43pm
it is on both sides of my head
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 8:13am
Oh, I thought when you said you wanted it to grow like the other half, you meant the other side of your head!  My mistake.  First, it really doesn't look bad.  If you feel that it is thinner than it was before, and continues to get thinner, you may want to get checked out by a doctor, sometimes hair loss is an indicator of another problem.  (Be sure you aren't taking too much vitamin A, for example.  That can cause hair loss).

But if it has always been the same, that's just how it grows, and I wouldn't worry about it too much.  That is one place that some people just have less hair.  If you want to try to cover it, you can try different styles - see if growing it a little longer would help (one half inch of length may make a difference.  You can also try massage to see if increased blood flow to the area won't cause it to make a few more hairs.  Just rub this spot with your fingertips and just move the skin around over your skull (holding your fingers in the same place so you don't pull out hairs, then just change places with your fingers).  Do that for 30 seconds a time, twice a day and see.  I don't know if that will really do anything, but some people swear by it, so, its free, it can't hurt to try.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic