Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MICRO STITCH (DOTS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 2:53pm
yes , it is ukraninan...
 however russian hair  is actually considered euro virgin hair and that means it can come fr. russia, ukraine, belrus, moldovia etc etc...

mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 3:09pm
You're right Tomin,
Super light virgin Russian hair is next to impossible to find. Most reputable Russian hair sellers use natural blonde hair for platinum colors because the bleach won't need to stay on for as long, as opposed to the time element needed with darker colors. We state plainly on our websites the Russian hair has been lifted from blonde to lightest blonde.
My supplier can get me some extra light blonde colors (not platinum) for double the cost of regular Russian hair. The regular cost for 25" light and med. brown Russian hair is $2,000. per kilo.

The hair from Russia is mostly light and med. browns (Caucasian hair)
Hair from Moldova and Georgia are mostly dark colors, and considered European hair (ethnic) This type of hair texture resembles Asian mixed with Russian hair because it has a fine texture.  It is usually straight and wavy hair.
This is where the distinction is made between Russian and European.
The line keeps changing so it can be hard to keep up.

Edited by mokipono - January 21 2008 at 3:50pm
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 3:30pm
What about Italian hair? Is there a such thing? It sounds strange to me that Italians would be cutting their hair off and selling it.

tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 8:09pm
yes, there is also italian and spanish hair but they are not as highly desired as euro virgin hair with cuticle intact...
tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 8:39pm
For the record....
Anyone from Don cosa who is monitoring this board  for staci & james please make note...
Anything & EVERYTHING ( and sOOOO MUCH MORE) that i have said here is the truth and can be proven... therefore its called freedom of speech...
however, James or staci making false statements about my character without any proof  is considered slander...
 I cannot believe the audacity of james to actually tell a  client that  I got arrested 1-2 x every  week while employed by DCI....ANYONE oN THIS BD CAN FEEL FREE TO DO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK ON ME   and you will find not even 1  smudge on my record...
Funny how EVERYONE who ever left DCI was later said to be mentally unstable or had family problems.... IS IT POSSIBLE  THAT EVERYONE IS IS NUTS & JAMES &  STACI ARE NOT!!???? plllllleeeeeeaaassssseeeee...

I really should thank james for his lovely "pep talk" 2 months before i handed in my letter of resignation...   he asked me where i thought i was going i this biz after 20 yrs besides DCI since i had kids to support and a mortgage to pay... I WAS NEVER SO DETERMINED TO START MY OWN BIZ AS I WAS THAT DAY... thank you for the inspiration james!!
 and i did it all while keeping within the restraints of  my original contract... its hard to keep screwing people when  clients figure out that you are not the only game in town... in englewood alone within blocks of DCI, you have sequence, excellenght, eunices hair care... they all have a fishnet base, wefts and do dots....all former DCI employees
Sequence lost the right to the name "microdot " in court ... only DCI can use that name... but YOU CANNOT PATENT A KNOT.. so ANYONE can use the dots... its a surgicla knot  for christs sake...

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 9:02pm
Yeah but why would Italians sell their hair? It's not for religious purposes and they aren't third world over there....same with Spain.

tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 10:31pm
not really sure and i have never purchased any myself but this website is one of the ones that sells it .. or says it does anyway...
honestly, you can never really ascertain the true origin of the hair without  some very indepth scientific testing... you can simply ascertain if it is it processed or if the cuticle is intact.... that is really the big hho-ha with virgin hair... its simply has the cuticle intact .. it has not been stripped in an acid bath to remove the cuticle....and it was harvested with all the cuticle going in the same direction...
I have successfully used hairauctions for several yrs now for my high end clients.... it is the only way to see color & texture & hand pick each ponytail... however you need many ponytai;s to make an integration/fishnet base so it can be very expensive for that.. but great for the extension client.
 see!! i knew all that useless knowledge I had stored up about hair would come in handy someday!! Smile
sorry .. forgot to incl the website that i was referring to...

Edited by tonim - January 21 2008 at 10:37pm
tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 10:34pm

yes.. even a kilo of mixed  colors   of the ukr hair costs 1500 or more.. if i request blondes, they can only give me dk or med blondes and its double the price and a very  long wait for them to collect it...

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 10:36pm
Thanks so much Tonim!

mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 12:46am
Tomin, I don't understand.  Is this the website for hairauctions?          
What is hair auctions? I haven't heard of it before. Can you give more info?
You're right about how hard it can be to ascertain the origin of hair. There are a few tricks for telling Caucasian hair from Indian. If you use a high lift bleach from roots to ends the Caucasian hair is always darker at the roots. Indian hair always comes up lighter at the roots.
Testing the cuticle direction simply means if you dampen the hair and slide your fingers in either direction you will feel less friction on the hair that's pointing down. If the feel is the same going in either direction it's likely the hair has been processed for cuticle removal.
To be honest, I don't know much about Italian, or Spanish hair. I've heard the hair is all from India and is processed in Italy, or Spain. I don't know this for sure, it's probably not true, just some more urban legend.

Edited by mokipono - January 22 2008 at 1:19am
tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 6:03am
no.. that was just a website for italian hair...
will send you the hair auction sites privately
BeachBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 9:50am
hum ... guess there are some things they cant get removed...

Reliability Report for
Don Cosa Images Inc.
The BBB reports on businesses, both accredited and non-accredited. If an organization is a BBB Accredited business, it is stated in this report.
Name: Don Cosa Images Inc.
Phone: (201) 569-7339
Address: 475 Grand Ave.
Englewood, NJ 07631
Original Business Start Date: January 1970
Principal: Mr. James Costa, Owner
Customer Contact: Mr. James Costa, Owner - (201) 569-7339
Entity: Corporation
Incorporated: January 1970, NJ
TOB Classification: Wigs & Hairpieces
BBB Accreditation: This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.

Nature Of Business

This company offers hair replacement service.

Customer Experience

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The BBB processed a total of 3 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.Of the total of 3 complaints closed in 36 months, 2 were closed in the last year.

Product Issues
  BBB Definition:

Product  Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

Resolved
  BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.

Refund or Exchange Issues
  BBB Definition:

Refund  or  Exchange  Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

Resolved
  BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
  Unresolved
  BBB Definition:

Unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

1 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

Company Management

Additional company management personnel include:

Ms. Stacy Costa - Owner

sourgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sourgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 5:42pm
Forgive me if I am out of line, I have been on this forum for almost a year and I have never read any Salon bashing on here as much as this thread before. It just seams like a coincidence that tonim and beach bunny joined around the same time and now its kind of a gang up on this salon. hmmmm it makes me wonder the true motive behind this. I have had some shady or bad dealings with businesses before but never went over and above to post their Reliability Report online, it seems like something that needs to be brought up in court not on a forum. I certainly would be mad if I paid and insane amount of money for a process that no one ever really heard of and have no idea the reliability of it, but I personally think any salons or stylist should stay out of the forums unless its complete fraud. And that has not been proved yet.
Currant method Hair locs.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 6:16pm
sour girl-
funny i was just thinking that!!!
does seem really strange...
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 6:22pm
Whatever it is, this thread has been informative if nothing else.
I've been wondering what you tip on a $6000 bill.Broken%20Heart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 6:32pm
well i can understand where sourgirl is coming from . I also wondered about Toni popping in as soon as I opened this thread. I for my part came on this forum trying to make the right decision. I made an investment way over $8000, so i think it is my right to come in here and vent about it. my job requires that i look great  ( i am in the fashion industry) and for me it was as much of a professional move as a personal move.
turns out i have been had ... and when toni popped in i wasnt happy about what she had to say because i paid all this money.

there isnt much i can do but come on here and inform others of what happened.

Im still happy with the system ( but i found out others do it and for 5 or 6 times less than what i paid for it), but i had issues with it, which im trying to resolve.
first, it is still not as long as I originally asked
second, there was a piece on the very top of my head that didnt belong there because I am not bolding ...

So yes Sour girl, for the price i paid i shouldnt be looking for additional hair ( but Im looking to get my length back) and i should be happy but im not.

How would you feel if you just paid this much money ????

not too good, actually you would feel pretty SOUR.

I have no problem confirming my identity and job title privately if you would like.

this forum is about hair , and this is what this thread is about : VERY EXPENSIVE HAIR .

Malibu: on the paperwork they gave me before the procedure they said tips are appreciated and suggested $80... ( since they removed my old extensions for me ... i gave $100 )

had i known they overcharged me ( i paid more than $6000 , im too ashamed to admit how much i spent ) i would have never left a tip

Edited by BeachBunny - January 22 2008 at 6:40pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 6:37pm
and to answer your question on another thread ( not that i think it is any of your business): I paid sooo much money and still didnt get the length i wanted ... so wefts were temporarily going to be added to the existing net to create length until the custom made pieces i already have arrive.

I think it is my right to do whatever i want with my hair and for you to question it is way out of line .... i guess you didnt notice the other thread with a pic of the actual piece i have in my hair asking if anyone carried those???

tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 6:42pm
Nothing fraudulant about anything posted by me... It was a matter of doing a google serach on Doncosa because I was on their infomercial , At first I was in alot of it , then when her boyfroend had to9 be editedout, I thought i was mostly edited out as well.. BUT then a couple of my clients said they saw the Don cosa reality show and that one has alot of me in it... we think they may run 2 versions and so i did a google search to see for myself and arrived at this website ... then I came across a post about DCI and responded...  Which is what these boards are for, arent they?? to exchange info about  extensions, gair systems & peoples experiences with various techniques & companies.....  After 20 yrs in the biz, I can say I have worked foer most of the major companies in NJ.. in doncosa' s case i worked for them 2x....  i feel i can comment fairly & honestly about what goes on at these places and i find it hard to not comment when i get the feeling someone is being taken advantage of....
I was also asked in a pvt email on this board , my opinion of jA alternatives.... i worked there too for 3yrs & was fired while on disability after a 2nd ankle surgery.... i have nothing negative to say about them... nor  do i have anything neg, to say about gucci, vito mazza,tiffany wigs, mhn/bioexcell.....  i only call it like i see it... feel free to google serach me, my website , whatever.... nothing to hide... even used my trade name as my screenname on this board so how much could i really have to hide..
 I  also have another website that  is consumer oriented and has been up for about 7 yrs... l am sick of the crap that goes on in this industry and i feel that if people shared their experiences, then  it might prevent the someone else from being taken advantage of.... you can make $$ and still be fair , honest & compassionate with your clients....
so think whatever you want ... 
tonim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 6:58pm
I would love to say its even 10% but its NOT!! loloCry
 the highest tip I have ever gotten   was $400....   and i was ready to close up ,call it a day & head to lunch for the rest of the day!!!LOL
saralee26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saralee26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 7:02pm
Just my thoughts here, there is no hair in the world worth more than 6,ooo dollers, It is crazy just to think about spending that kind of money on hair. I rather invest in a nice wig, and forget about it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic