Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair dress codes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair dress codes
    Posted: January 30 2008 at 10:49am
Hai friends

First of all sorry for a long post
I work for a multinational firm in Asia. I am a guy with long hair , actually quite long - may be around 32.5 inches. I work in Management Information System department. The company has recently from jan -08 come out with hair dress codes . The dress codes are not gender specific, but it only says that long hair has to be secured either by way of a bun style or with a long plait duly secured by hair pins and rubber bands. The new dress codes possibly coincides with the arrival of a new hr head. I usually sport a long ponytail or just hide my hair inside the shirt. Now with the revised hair dress codes, i am finding it difficult to sport a high bun with clips to ensure that the hair is secure or to sport a long plaits- even though i enjoy these things when iam with my wife. Now when i have it to do it regularly in the office - i am not sure how comfortable i would be. I have been sporting a big bun with lot of clips much to my discomfort since the rule has come in play. My friends in the office ask me not to care about it much and they encourage me to sport plaits instead of buns. I am the only male with long hair and i doubt whether this was targeted at me. The HR head also suggested that i might possibly look better with shorter hair styles. My other friends has hinted me that he has passed offensive remarks about me on the new year celeberations day when the gathering was informal and i had my hair loose and when my wife was also present.

Now i am not very good at styling my own hair - more so relevant with plaits and buns. My wife wants me to not to get discouraged and says that she can dress up my hair till iam comfortable doing it myself. I find the issue very silly but it gets on to my nerves. The last two days i went to the office with plaits and the HR head remarked that he mistook me for a female employee.

Can the forum advise me on handling such issues or shoudl i take it up with the management. On one side i find the issue too silly and on the other side i find it an issue to handle it on a daily basis

Edited by vivek - January 30 2008 at 11:28am
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 7:51am
Try the long hair support section, someone there might be able to help you. Good Luck!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic