Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From 1 Short Style to Another

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From 1 Short Style to Another
    Posted: February 11 2008 at 2:51pm
She's not sure she likes it... what do you think?

New 

Old 

Edited by Hal - February 11 2008 at 2:53pm
DMB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 7:33pm
I like the new style much better, frames her face very nicely.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 10:33pm
She's pretty cute Hal! Where did you find her? Did you meet her at a fancy restaraunt...somewhere like Subway?

I showed my wife...we're both partial to the new style...the wife thinks she's pretty hot!

My two cents.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 12:43am
Looks good to me - a fresh, modern and youthful style
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 7:26am
She got lots of good reviews when she went to work yesterday bu tshe's still not crazy about it... she has very fine hair and thinks it just not thick enough for that style.... IMO she is clearly wrong...lol
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 8:13am
I think it looks good, the old style  is nice also. 
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 11:25am
Love the new style. Much better, very cute cut.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 10:10pm

I too like the new style; never have cared for the messy look.  I think she looks great.

HAWG
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 6:59am
The new style looks great .
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2008 at 5:33pm
I like the new style more, it makes her look younger
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 10:27am
It looks like the styling is just different.  Couldn't she flip it out again if she wanted?
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
bibe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

It looks like the styling is just different.  Couldn't she flip it out again if she wanted?

My thoughts exactly. Cut looks the same, just styled different.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

For now I think she could... the stylist basiclly just cut off the very layered part in the back..but it still has a few left.

As the layers grows out into the more "bob" style I think  that option will go away.

I'll see if I can post pics of the back... better yet.. email me if you would like to see.

Edited by Hal - March 03 2008 at 1:32pm
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 1:32pm
Is she trying to grow it into a blunt bob?  I have the same kind of hair and I have found that I have to either have real short hair and use a ton of product or a medium length blunt bob.  If this is just a grow out stage I think she looks lovely and she needs to just try to deal with it until it grows more.  Otherwise, if she likes her old style better maybe she should have the extra layers cut back into the style.

Edited by demodoll - March 03 2008 at 1:33pm
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 1:35pm
No she went to a different stylist and the girl said what do you thing about trying this... to which my wife said.. I think my hair is too fine and thin... but the girl said she thought it would work just fine...

I think it will stay a layered bob but there are still some upper layers that will continue to grow into the new style.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 1:41pm

She may have come across a stylist who does not understand fine hair.  I have met quite a few of those.  Is the styling in the picture done by her or by the stylist?  Sometimes if you play around with it you can find a better way to style it than what the stylist does.  I often have to come home and wash my hair again so that it will look "normal."  But again, she is a very pretty lady and looks beautiful either way.  I think I personally prefer the before picture though.

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 2:06pm
I believe her new styist is very good with fine hair.

Sorry you don't care for her new look but I quite like it and though she wasn't sure the first few days she like it now too.  I think she just needed to adjust to it after having the same style for about 5 years. 

You really can not tell the difference between the way the stylist did it and the way she does it.  I had and ex wife  and an ex GF that was much like you.  They would go to the salon and get a new cut.  Come home go right to the bathroom and start "working" on it.  Only to come out with it styled pretty much the same ole way as before.  No matter how they got it cut it always looked about the same.

love it short View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love it short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 2:16pm
I think she looks great and her new style fits her well, the two styles looks different to me. She is a pretty lady Hal you should be proud. By the way my wife's hair was the same style and color as your wife's when we met.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 2:18pm
I didn't say I don't like the new style.  I just think I like the "flicked" one a bit better.   She looks good in both.

My stylist likes to get creative with the way he blows my hair dry.  He will have all the layers in the back going in one direction or the other and makes it really big.  My husband doen't like it so I generally try to calm it down and so I don't look too scary to him.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 7:31pm
I like the new one MUCH better too, I am not a fan of the flip... so the first one I think is wayyy better. Even if her hair is thin you don't notice, I think it looks great the new way.... younger!!!
~* Bambi Lee *~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic