Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

growing out layers...help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
allyssa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allyssa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: growing out layers...help!
    Posted: February 19 2008 at 9:14am
I am growing out my hair but I keep cutting it to bring up the bottom layer. I am trying to grow it long. I have shorter layers i the back (almost inverted) and layers all over. Here is my question: If I let it grow for a while can the layers be fixed? or do I keep trimming it to meet the shortest layer?cut it in an inverted bob. I have been growing and trimming for almost a year and my hair is the same length except the layers are longer. My hair is now chin  length with my shortest layer just below my ear (short!Cry)  Any advice on how to grow out layers? Thanks!
tmarisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmarisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2008 at 9:38am
Sounds like I had your haircut a while back. I enjoyed it! But when I wanted to grow it out, I had it occasionally trimmed so that I only cut the longest layers (like you're doing) and then I shortened the front a bit so that it had a more wearable shape as it grew longer. I still kept some layers because I have thick hair (and one layer makes me look like I'm a member of the Beatles), but I evened out the length of them all as I grew them. It grew to a very cute hairstyle (rounded shape with sideswept bangs, very little layering, just longer than chin length.

I hope this answer makes sense. Good luck!
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 4:31pm
wow almost a year and the layers are still just barely to your ear   how short of a cut did you originally have?  the back must have been super short no?
AS FAR AS YOUR QUESTION just keep getting the longest part cut to your chin and soon enough you will have a chin length one length which will be a breeze to grow out from there........but even then you must trim it all slightly every 3  mos. or so

Edited by lovebobs - March 03 2008 at 4:34pm
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic