Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Before and after time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tmarisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmarisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Before and after time.
    Posted: February 21 2008 at 1:24am
So my stylist was REALLY hesitant to cut my hair so short. I talked her into it and I LOVE it. I didn't go as short in the front as Keira has it, but I think that the length that I have it in the front suits my face well. Let me know what you think

New ME!!
It was hard to get a picture that shows the back a little bit. But, the back is really short (for me)! I love it

These "after" pictures are after a  bit of drinken..so please forgive any slovenliness of my appearance. Even with my hair messed up (which is perfect for this style, really) I hope you get the idea of what my new style looks like.

I love it. Short hair is so frikkin sexy.

Edited by tmarisco - February 21 2008 at 1:26am
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2008 at 4:56am
Went from "not bad" to "wow".  Glad you like it and agree short hair is sexy on women.   Personally, I think you could go a little shorter with the bangs but that is just my pererence.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2008 at 7:09am
Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

Agree!  WOW!
tmarisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmarisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2008 at 10:44am
Yeah, I agree with you about the bangs, loves. I LOVE the way it looks now, but when I go in for a trim, I plan to shorten the front a bit. 
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2008 at 1:24pm
Looks amazing, congrats! If you dont like the length of the bangs this time, get them cut off next time.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2008 at 2:53pm
Hey, if you can finagle it, I know everyone would love to see a pic of the back.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2008 at 9:23pm

I think it looks great as it is. Tuck it behind your ears and suse a little gel when you do. I think i also would take your bang a bit shorter. Angel the bangs to the sides with the bangs being noticably shorter near the part. I would not shorten up the back much at all. Looks great and Sexy.

Mike

tmarisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmarisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2008 at 10:30pm

So I didn't notice until just now that I had run my hand through it and messed up that right side. It really is straight back there

Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2008 at 1:17am

What a great cut for you - it looks fab.  I'm sure after a few days with it - you'll know which area you'd like to tweak slightly :)

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
laurie82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2008 at 3:23pm
Nice haircut. You look good in longer hair, but I think the shorter hair looks even better.  The feedback on this board is very positive, but I was wondering what your friends back home are saying. Also you finding it less work in the morning?

I particularly like the back, it is really nice and short.
tmarisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmarisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2008 at 7:20pm
Hey Laurie! My friends seem to LOVE it. My fiance (fiancee?) thinks I look "hot." Most of my friends at school (i'm a grad student) are guys. Several of them have told me that they are partial to girls with short hair, so that's been very flattering. 

As for the maintainence...I had curly hair, so it was really wash and wear, but when I wanted to straighten it, it took forever. The whole blow-dry and flat-iron process took 30-45 minutes (I have really thick hair). With the short hair, it takes 15 minutes MAX. I just blow dry it (just with my fingers and the occasional round brush), smooth it with my flat iron (whatever's long enough to pinch with it) and rub some styling wax into it. 

It's not as fast as a ponytail (I don't own rubber bands so I would ALWAYS have to style my hair. I hate lazy hair), but the style payoff is well worth it.
CollegeBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CollegeBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2008 at 9:39pm
Impressive.    I wish I had the guts to go for this... but right now as a dancer, I still need to have length for a bun.   Someday... like grad school, when I won't have to worry about that haha.
laurie82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2008 at 10:40pm
When I was in college, I never would have dreamt of cutting my hair short.  I actually did some modeling right after college and one of my selling points was my long hair. But things change and I am in the business world where good impressions are important.  One of the partners at my firm is really pushing my career and I have a shot at a management role over the next year or so. But I have to look the part, right now I look like one of the interns. 
CollegeBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CollegeBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 12:20am
I hear ya there.    I'm an intern right now as well... and people ask me if I'm a high school intern because they don't think I look old enough to be in college!
laurie82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 2:57pm
I finally got my hair cut this morning. OMG it is it really short, especially in the back.  Not boy short but close.  I am not sure I like it, actually I don't, but I want to be open minded. My boyfriend says he likes it alot which is a good thing.  I am going out for a quick jog with bf and then it is off to my parents for dinner. I think they are in for a big surprise. I will be showing up with my trademark cap on, but the ponytail is history.  This is going to take a lot of getting used.  I can give you details over the next couple days. 
tmarisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmarisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 8:27pm
Post pictures! We've gotta see it. I bet it's darling. 
laurie82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 9:57pm
I am working on the pictures, I'll post some during the week.

I also had to convince my stylist to cut it short, but it turns out he is a fan of short hair, so not all that much convincing needed.  After looking at some pictures we decided on a short shag.  He really took his time with the haircut. He started by cutting it a bit above the shoulders with some layers and long bangs. Then he started to cut it shorter on the sides, but just a little at a time. He kept asking me if I was OK and I would say yes and then he would take it a little shorter.  The final result is a very short layered cut. I changed the part so it is parted on the side now.  The bangs are just above the eyes. The sides and back are really short, the hair just covers the top of my ears and the back is an inch or so above the collar. I don't think I have any hair that is more than two inches long.  He gave me a really good haircut.  My parents said it looked really good and my boyfriend really likes it too. When I was at the mall tonight I got the usual glances from the cute guys so that made me feel good. I feel better about the cut than I did this afternoon, but this is going to take a lot of getting used. When I look in the mirror I look so different, I can hardly beleive it is me. So it is back to work on Monday with the new haircut and then off on vacation next weekend.

I did it !!!
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 1:48am
It sounds like you are getting used to the cut after the initial shock.  Give it more time and hopefully you'll become totally comfortable with the new you - and you may even come to love it.
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
laurie82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 11:57am
I am already starting to like it although not 100% yet. I feel much better about my decision than I did yesterday. I have been getting really positive feedback from everyone. My mother actually said it looks fantastic and she always gives me honest feedback.  Today I have it brushed around my ears for more of a sleek look. I am thinking of keeping it this way as I like the look better.  The guy that cut my hair wants me to come back in March to trim it up free of charge.  I might ask him to go a little shorter on the sides, but I am not sure yet. I have got to say preping in the morning is MUCH easier, I think it is saving me at least twenty minutes. 
Skiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 1:51pm
Congratulations on getting your hair cut.  I am sure you will love it. My wife did something similar recently. She had  really long hair but needed a more professional appearance. She started by having it cut mid way up her back and then a month or so later into a sholder length shag.  Same as you she works in a professional setting (sales) and felt she needed to have the right look. One day with out me knowing it she had it cut around her ears and too a point in the back.  It took a little getting used too, but w both agree it is an imprvement and I thnk it has helped her career. FYI she has kept it really short for over a year now with no intentions of growing it out.

Good luck and keep it short.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic