Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What scents do guys like on ladies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aloloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aloloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What scents do guys like on ladies?
    Posted: February 25 2008 at 9:06pm
I'm not really sure what to wear if I want to impress a guy. If there are any guys out there, tell me how you like your girls to smell.
~~~~~Hey~~~~~
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 2:35pm
I am not a guy- however I did read an article recently in my husband's 'Maxim' that stated guys really like vanilla, it's almost like an aphrodisiac for them...which is a shame because I do not personally like vanilla as a fragrance. But I do like vanilla as a flavoring and the like.   Just my 2 cents... :-)
jender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2008 at 4:49pm
I read an article like that too-they said vanilla, and pumpkin pie! Now personally I would not want to smell like a pie, but I don't mind mild vanilla. I think they like comfort, sweet smells in general. I think it's always better to go with something that smells interesting and unique enough to get noticed, but never too strong.

When I was in college, all the guys used to go crazy for Victoria's Secret Lovespell. I despise that scent, and would never in a million years dare to wear it, but for some reason they all liked it, and even knew it by name.
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2008 at 6:36pm
I'm sure tha guy would be 'impressed' as long as you ain't funky or wearing something that has a harsh, strong odor
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 7:53pm
Hi Jender - How funny, I don't like Lovespell either. I recall when it first came out and all the salesgirls were trying to get you to buy it...Ugh ! I am so glad I am not the only one that hated it.

I prefer more spicy, oriental scents.. but it seems like guys prefer the syrupy sweet fragrances. I don't want to smell like a pumpkin pie either !
glamourgoodies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glamourgoodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2011 at 5:20pm
White Diamonds, Jadore are some guy favorites.
http://glamourgoodies.vpweb.com
serro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 6:22am
i was read that to they like mostly vanilia smells...
AutumnLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutumnLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2012 at 12:36pm
I would say that you'd have to get to know a guy a little in order to find out what they liked or didn't like.
Having said that, in my younger years when I was still single and interested in other men, I got lots of complements on my choice of fragrance.  One in particular was called Soundrel.  I am telling my age but that was back in 1981.  I worked in a restuarant and one of the managers would practically follow me around sniffing...lol  I also got lots of nice comments when I used Victoria's Secret Rapture.  These days I dislike most fragrances I smell on other women.  I guess it's a bonus of aging but I have a much more discriminating sense of smell as I grow older.  My sweet husband likes Moonlit Path from Bath and Body Works.  I like that one as well.  I like vanilla scents most all of the time.  I have a holiday type body sprays that I use this time of year untill the new year.  Holiday Candy Apple, Gingerbread Spice both from B&BW.  I have one from Calgon that I absolutely adore called Cinnamon and Spice.  I use it sparingley this time of year.  I am pretty sure I won't be able to find it again.  I got it from Big Lots several years ago and have been hating the thought of using it all up.
I guess I have been rambling long enough now...lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic