Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPaper's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2008 at 4:02pm
Thanks Mike for your support. Smile I am looking forward to reaching my mini goals.

I got my new Flexi-8 in the mail today. I'll be taking action shots soon, and will post them.

I found a few spilts the other day and did a S&D. I shouldn't have any spilts, I just got a trim about a month ago! Confused Anyways, I am going to wear my hair up for awhile, and baby my ends. When I went to the hair dressers she used a flat iron on my hair, which freaked me out. I'm wondering if thats where the damage is coming from.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2008 at 12:19am
I would stay away from any heat. Everything I have picked up not too many with long hair like Dryers and Irons.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2008 at 8:27am
I agree, Mike. I decided the next time I get a trim, I'm leaving with my hair wet! I am seriously thinking about buying a good pair of sissors and have my DH trim my hair, when needed. I am also thinking about stopping dyeing my hair. Confused I'm not sure about the salt and pepper look. I have been looking at pics of women with salt and pepper hair, and it can be hot!

Edited by paper - March 03 2009 at 2:41pm
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 7:47am
My New Flexi-8....

Here are some pics of my new flexi. I got a size XS it fits alot better then the Small I bought last time. I'm not loving the gold color against my hair. But, I do love it. I can't wait to buy more of them. Big%20smile

Conditioning....

Since last post, I did an over night of heavy oiling with coconut oil. My hair soaked it up. My hair is so dry this winter.  My hair looks and feels so much better now. Smile I am going to do the heavy oiling every week or so.

Edited by paper - December 16 2008 at 7:53am
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 8:40am
Ponytail progress pics....

I took this pic in the spring of 2008. I was so excited I could wear my hair in a ponytail! Barely, as you can see, the sides are sticking out.

I took this pic about a week ago. I noticed I was wearing the same shirt.

Other hair news....

I stopped using Jojoba Oil. It was making my ends dry and crunchy. I haven't done any daily oiling in a couple weeks. I'm only doing the over night oiling with coconut oil, once a week or so. My hair feels and looks great!

Merry Christmas! Big%20smile
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 6:37pm

Originally posted by paper paper wrote:

Ponytail progress pics....

I took this pic in the spring of 2008. I was so excited I could wear my hair in a ponytail! Barely, as you can see, the sides are sticking out.

I took this pic about a week ago. I noticed I was wearing the same shirt.

Other hair news....

I stopped using Jojoba Oil. It was making my ends dry and crunchy. I haven't done any daily oiling in a couple weeks. I'm only doing the over night oiling with coconut oil, once a week or so. My hair feels and looks great!

Merry Christmas! Big%20smile

AWESOME growth!Clap  I'm so excited for you!

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 10:18pm
Looking good. Heck why not go for the salt and peper look if you don't like how it looks on you dye it.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 11:04am
Thanks Jenn for the encouragement!

Thanks Mike! I'm going to at least try to not dye any more. Like you said, if I don't like it, I can just dye it again.  Smile
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2008 at 10:17am

My DH got me this for christmas.....

I love it! I keep all my jewelry, hair toys and make-up in it. It's nice to have everything in one place! I got some money and gift cards too. I went shopping today and bought some earrings and make-up. Oh, and I bought a good pair of Shears on ebay. Those came in the mail today. Also, I contacted flexi-8 and told them I didn't like the gold flexi, they told me I can exchange it. Big%20smile I'm getting a silver one with light blue. I'll take pictures of it in my hair when I get it.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2008 at 3:55pm
Looks like you are getting everything you need to keep your hair long,strong and healthly looking. Can't wait to see what 2009 brings you.
MimiKeki View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2008 at 6:07pm
Wow Paper. Your hair is looking lovely. The condition, the colour.. And it seems to grow rather fast. You've made me want new hair toys now. I have a real love for pretty hair tidbits.. Like a magpie    Let's hope 2009 brings us all great luck for our growth plans
xx
Trying to grow out layers for a more matched, and uniformed style :D
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 9:03am
Thanks Mike and MimiKeki!

It's going to be interesting to see where 2009 brings us!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 6:41pm

One Year Progress Pictures.

This picture was taken Jan 08....

This picture was taken 1 year later....

I have on the same shirt so you can see how much it grew. I measured my hair and gained 1 inch last month! My hair is now 20" long. I'm so excited to reach my mini goal of 20" hoorayI didn't expect that until Feb.

My New Year Resolution, is to exercise! I bought a floor mat and weights and am going walk on my tread mill every day.

My Hair Goals, for 2009. I reached my mini goal of 20". Next goal is APL. I think I'll reach that at 23". And, then BSL by end of the year.

Happy New Year!!! party

paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 10:19am
Hair Cutting Tools....

I'm all set now to trim my own hair! dance1

I bought some good Shears and the CreaClip. I trimmed my own bangs last night, and they turned out great! It's going to be nice keeping my bangs the length I like. And, I'm going to have my DH trim the back of my hair every few months, just a tiny bit to clean up the ends. I'm so excited, I don't have to go to the salon any more! dance3
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 3:18pm

LOVE your new jewelry chest!  It's so pretty and will be a lot of fun keeping all your goodies in there.  Congrats on the hair tools too!  My hubby would be a nervous wreck to cut my hair. 

Good luck on your resolutions!  My NY resolution is to; make no NY resolutions.dance2

paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 8:30pm
Thanks Jenn!

Haha you sound like my son!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 8:34am
Measuring...

I just measured my APL is 23-24" and BSL is 26-27"

I'm at 20" now, so it is possible to reach those goals this year! barmy

Especially now that I have my own cutting tools, I can do micro trims.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 9:03pm
Cool looks like your mini goals are going to be easy to reach. Good luck and glad to be able to be there for the ride.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2009 at 7:32am
Thanks Mike, for your  interest and support!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 3:21pm
My hair has been so dry and frizzy this winter! I started using Jojoba Oil again. This time, I'm using it on my dry hair. I rub a drop in my hands then smooth it on my hair. It's working good, my hair feels so soft! I'm not getting the crunchiness, like I was when I was putting it on my wet hair.

I bought some Coconut Water today. I'm not sure how I'm going to use it yet. Either as a rinse or a leave in. Also, I ordered a sample pack of soapnuts on e-bay. Some people have had wonderfull results washing their hair with them. I'll let you know my results!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic