Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

_Princess_'s Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: _Princess_'s Hair Journal
    Posted: December 02 2009 at 10:23pm
What I need to do is locate those EO's in my area and make a mixture and see if that would help any.  Its worth a shot, I really have nothing to lose.  If it doesn't work, I can always use the oils for other things.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2009 at 12:04pm
Still wearing my wigs.  I'm currently tweaking this one wig that was a HAM.  It was nothing like the picture, with soo much hair around the hairline, it's a beast I tell you!

But I guess that's a good thing, for me to practice tweaking it, to get it to look right so I would know what to do when my FLW gets here.  Now I tweak all of my other SLWs so that it fits my face and doesn't scream WIG, but this one needs the most work out of all the ones I've ever had.

Besides on working on the hairline and getting the front to fall back, I gotta learn to deal with the soft, fluffy hair.  The hair is realistic IMO, it reminds me of my lil cousins hair.  Which is a good ting since I can pull it off good & own it.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2009 at 11:56am
Its been the longest since I've written in here. But SO much has changed.  I shaved off all of my hair in August.  My hair is growing back, not any thicker though *sigh* guess that's how its gonna be, oh well then.

It's funny, I do miss my hair (it was near MBL when I did the chop) but I do enjoy having it short.

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 9:11pm
Ok so I took my braids out 2day and despite the shedding, I'm on the fence as to if I want to wear my hair out this week or braid it back up
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 10:51pm
Aight well I've decided that for tha summer, I'll be wearing my hair short. Which means trying short looks, which I haven't had much of or had my hair short for long.

I'm gonna be trying a bob, kinda asymmetrical-ish and I have 2 otha short cuts/styles in mind, not sure exactly what to call them lol but I have something in mind.  One is a straight, short style/cut and the other is short, with flips/curls.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 5:14pm
Aight well I just braided up my hair for this week.  Loving the heat!! Don't want it to go away.  My hair normally is in 12 braids, and they mad small as is, 2day I got 15, still very skinny lil ones.

One day, if I have enough free time on my hands, I wanna try doing box braids w/ tha bulk braiding hair to see how that all works, I have it set out in my mind, just gotta do it and see if it works out right.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 5:53pm
I just did a co-wash, now gonna apply my moisture & protein leave-ins and then probably 2nite I'mma braid up my hair, if not 2nite, 2morra
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 5:40pm
Ok so now I have to find a solution/a better way to wear my hair b/c I've noticed that my edges are starting to thin out and the LAST thing I need is more thinning out.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 10:14pm
Man I can't wait til the summer or at least get warmer out so I can rock my short looks lol
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 10:11pm
Ok so I finally got the HP, gonna see how it plays out, hopefully for the best lol, hoping there wouldn't be any setbacks

Which by the way stinksDead

Edited by _Princess_ - April 22 2009 at 10:11pm
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 7:49pm
Soo part of me wants to cut and shave off all of my hair and start from scratch..to see if that makes any difference in my hair..Now I'm sure I'd look funny as all hell with a baldie/no hair..but who knows how it'd turn out.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 9:53pm
I gotta remember to pick up some hydrogen peroxide cause I wanna try ta see if I can lighten up my brows a lil...jus experiment with lightly nothing too much or too drastic, even to soften up tha black would be a plus.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 9:51pm
Aight so I just braided up my hair, I'm gonna see how long they last/stay fresh before they get all messy up top due to tha combs n cap.  I'm gonna attempt to wear a full wig this week and see how I like it so the real test would be starting 2morra, it'll be bout 7hrs with it on...I'm not sure of the longest I've been with a full one on, half ones I've done long time cause I usually rock it with a head band so no hair in my face or way.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 10:16pm
Another thing that I like, that I don't think looks the best on me is straight hair. I'mma curly girl, loves me some curls on tha real. And wheneva I straighten my hair, I've noticed that 9 out of 10 times I'm rocking a fitted or some sort of hat (mainly fitteds lol). I don't rock my hair stright all that much and have very few straight styles as is and I don't think I'll be adding any other straight styles to my collection eitha.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 10:11pm
As much as I like my "Good Girl Gone Dark" look, which is my natural shade, which I'm rockin' right now, I think its a bit too harsh for me/my complexion.  My eyebrows are black/1B-ish and I think I'd be better off with a lighter shade. I love love LOVE browns, dark brown, golden brown, and think, make that I know browns look really good with my complexion.

Now I'm not saying it looks bad on me, it doesn't...just think its a bit too harsh on me, the browns have a warmer, gentler feel against my skin if that makes sense.

So I'm tempted to try and lighten them...when I really don't have...well I have a clue as to how to do it...but not sure how long I'd have to keep tha bleach or whateva on...thus why I'm kinda hesitant to try it.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 8:59pm
As much as I love my hair...its still very depressing, disheartening to see all the hair that falls out day to day and throughout tha day *sigh*
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 9:33pm
Another thing, I still love my hair, my curls, so I'd def. be doing my clips and styling my hair and whatnot.

Especially since I'm growing out my hair as long as I can until I get so completely tired of it that I'd want it cut short again. Or shave it all off, which I want to do whenever someone has a comment to make about my hair and what they think I should do to regrow it.

They need to hush, its hopeless, I've accepted that fact, they should as well. It ain't stress, it ain't this, it ain't that. Doctors can't find nothing wrong, so its just how its supposed to be!

Not everyone is meant to have everything, and a full head of hair is one a them things I'm not meant to have. Oh well, I am not my hair and I'm beautiful with the hair I have.

I have other options for styling, and I don't mean that teasing mess that heffa did to my head for tricks wedding! That mess may have looked cute, but it was a dry, icky mess with all that freaking hairspray she threw up in my hair.

But I digress
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 9:27pm
Aight I haven't posted in here ina min and yea, so I never got around to doing micro's but I still have some hair for it, whenever I do decide to do it.

I've decided that as much as I like different styles and changing up my look, weaves ain't for me.  They cost soo much and last about 1 1/2 month (that varies on hair n whatnot).

I've now ventured into half wigs, I like, just braid up my hair and throw it on, style and I'm good ta go. I wanna try lace ones too...jus gotta up my funds on that. There's quite a few styles I've been eye'n.  I need to hit up the BSS's round me to see how much they sell them for, and where's the better deals @. This one girl in tha A mentioned how tha BSS by her gives an automatic 30% off all wigs, I wonder if tha ones by me do that as well. Or do tha price match thing.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 10:01am
As disheartening as it may be, I've come to the realization that there's no way I'd be able to re-grow tha hair I've lost unless it was thru surgery and I'm not down fa that..but I'm still tryin' ta keep whateva lil I have healthy

In other news: I'm sick
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 1:58pm
As of late, I wanna try microbraids...I've had my hair in box braids b4, but never micros, with weave. I've seen a basic tutorial and it seems fairly easy...but then doing my own hair, where I can't get a full view/grasp of the back may be a challenge, but I'm up fa it. Jus need tha money fa tha hair and well ta see what hair would hold up best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic