Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wagman's Natural Curly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wagman's Natural Curly
    Posted: March 13 2008 at 10:40am

So what are your staple products for this hair?? 

Just curious cause mine seems to be acting a fool and wants to constantly swell on meLOLLOL
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 11:24am
I haven't tried Wagman hair but I do wear Indian hair. I have good results
by putting coconut oil on my hair after I get out of the shower when it's still pretty wet. About three peas worth.

If you're letting it air dry (I know it sounds like I have stock in this company) the curl keeper does a nice job at keeping the frizz at a minimum.

And then there's gel.

What have you tried on it? Is it just now acting up. If not, you may want to try a clarify shampoo.

fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by malibu malibu wrote:

by putting coconut oil on my hair after I get out of the shower when it's still pretty wet.
About three peas worth.

....And then there's gel.

What have you tried on it? Is it just now acting up. If not, you may want to try a clarify shampoo.

That's pretty sage advice. I also regularly use coconut oil -- love it! I don't wear Wagman either, but do wear Indian --- it swells on me too and it's not curly! I use a ceramic iron on mine to smooth it --- works great, but not something I'm sure you want to do.

I think Malibu is right about using gel as well. If you go to the naturallycurly.com website, you'll see that a lot of women like to use some form of gel on their hair. My hair is naturally curly by nature (but I straighten). When I wore it curly, I lived on leave-in conditioner, serum and gel!!! The more product, the better! BUT, you have to clarify regularly.
Love clip-ins and tape!
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 1:40pm

by putting coconut oil on my hair after I get out of the shower when it's still pretty wet. About three peas worth.

If you're letting it air dry (I know it sounds like I have stock in this company) the curl keeper does a nice job at keeping the frizz at a minimum.

And then there's gel.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies...I think I will do a clarifying shampoo.  I have a Wagmans/IndianHairs.com mix and the Wagmans is swelling like crazy.  I don't think I will do the gel because my IndianHairs.com (which is on top) doesn't take to kindly to alot of heavy products...I have been using a little bit of noodlehead creme, nexxus creme, and biosilk with some water - a mix that I lightly mist on the hair every two days...but the Wagmans swells...I will keep at it.  I was just trying to see what others use on their Wagmans...
Thanks!
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 1:56pm
Yeah, I've read other people saying the wagman swells....sounds like my own hair.Broken%20Heart

Try the coconut oil if you have it.
I was a big noodlehead user for a while too. That's good stuff.
I heard "curls rock" is good but I haven't tried that yet.

Fakeizme, I love reading naturallycurly. I haven't joined because I feel like
I cheated with my extension hairLOL

Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 5:23pm
Mah: The other thing that really helped me when I was wearing the EPNC was a good cut to help reduce the volume a little.. (Notice I said volume and not length) My stylist put in some nice layers and I did not have to use much product on my hair to keep my curls looking good. I also did not get the poof that often happens with curlier textures..

Here's the products I used on my EPNC:
Sexy Hair's Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner
Giovanni VitaPro Fusion Leave-In Hair Treatment
ORS Carrot Oil

Other Products I bought/used for this hair:
Kimble Haircare Systems Bounce Back Curling Revitalizer
ISO Bouncy Creme
Kimble Haircare Systems Bounce Back Curling Revitalizer
Ion Curl Solutions Curl Defining Styling Creme (for Fine/Normal Hair)

I have two leave-in's listed because I alternated between the two.. (LOVE them both.. couldn't decide..)

I also con-washed (AKA co-washed) every other week with moisturizing conditioners. I used Suave because it was cheap, and I didn't want to use my more expensive conditioners for con-washing. On the alternating weeks I shampooed with sulfate free moisturizing shampoos.

Curly hair needs moisture. This doesn't mean the hair needs to be sopping wet, but you can't let curly hair get bone dry.

One site I have listed on my site under my "Other Extensions Links" is this one:
To Hell With Straight Hair
This is a really cool curly haircare site I ran across on my Google travels. LOTS of great curly haircare information..

One last product line you should look at:
http://www.curls.biz/
I tried samples of these products, but never purchased full sized.. I LOVED the samples, but I can't justify adding ONE MORE THING to my product closet..

HTH

Edited by Divavocals - March 13 2008 at 5:27pm
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
charron08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charron08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 4:21pm
for my halleys curls indian hair..that was curly and wavey..not sure if you remember mahogany..but i never got swelling..if it did..it would swell just right.
But i would use..dove in dark blue bottle..conditioner..3 drops ..nickel size amounts..and thats it..and it would air dry to perfection!..and nothig else.
So try that on you wags..it may help.!

Weave Queen
www.myspace.com/weavesbycharron07
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:07pm

Fakeizme, I love reading naturallycurly. I haven't joined because I feel like
I cheated with my extension hairLOL

Almost missed this! Haha. I kind of feel the same way Malibu. Since I straighten AND wear extensions, this makes me a great big cheater!!! Also, it's been so long since I've worn my hair fully curly, that I'm not sure it's that curly anymore --- more wavy (which I'm happy with!). One thing I realize from reading posts on Naturallycurly.com is how difficult it CAN be to manage curly hair. I had kind of forgot! Everyday is different and you can almost never count on it to behave two days in a row. Beautiful when you get it right though! LOL
Love clip-ins and tape!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic