Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jenny McCarthy Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jenny McCarthy Update
    Posted: March 14 2008 at 11:12am
Banged....don't like it.  Love the A-line, don't like it with bangs.

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 12:02pm
I don't care for them either... but 3 weeks from now when they have grown into her eyes the might look a lot better pushed to the side!
Kathryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 12:10pm
I like them. They help the bob frame her face well,but I am sue she will change the style soon for those who disagree. 

Edited by Kathryn - March 14 2008 at 12:16pm
love it short View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love it short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 12:25pm
She looks completely different with bangs, but i do like them.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 7:38pm
Bummer! I thought her bob was absolutely perfect. Maybe she wanted something new...she  has had that bob for about a year now.

I'd love to see her go shorter a la Kiera Knightley's short crop or Ashley Judd's crop from 5 years ago.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:23pm
Oh, dear. When she didn't have bangs, I thought she should try them. Now I think her previous a-line bob worked much better, keeping her hot but adding some sophistication. She looks totally different now, and reminds me of someone, can't think of who. But not someone hotter than she looked before.

Funny, for me, this bang trend has been a real case of "careful what you wish for." I used to think bangs would help almost any woman soften her look, set off her eyes, and generally look hot. Now that everyone's got this straight-down version, I'm definitely recanting. Like all styles, works on some, but not on others.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:36pm
Oh, no! She just ruined the perfect haircut.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:46pm
Never thought I would say this, but those bangs make her look OLD.  Too severe.  LOVE the Aline, not with the bangs!
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 11:09pm
On second thought...

It almost reminds me of Jenna Jameson's bob from a few months ago...I can't decide if I like it or not.

I will say this, I'm going to wait to see her smile before I pass any further judgement. Jenny has a terrific smile, and I can't help but think it would look better if she smiled.

My two cents.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 11:59pm
As hard as this is to say (I am normally a big fan of bangs), I think she took the sexiness out of her hair style.
Probably would look better if she brushed them to the side - get some movement back into the style.
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:07am
I;m going to wait until I see them again.  The dark eyes and black outfit were out of character for her.  The combination of that whole look completely transformed her which in general I like.  I love that people can mix it up so effectively and present a whole new side of themselves.

In some ways I think it was slimming on her face.  In general I have always thought she was someone who looked better in candids, laughing on the street than she does when she is all fixed up for TV. 

So a very tentative thumbs down from me, but I really think it has potential to be better than it is in these pictures.

I saw in a magazine the vote on Rachel Bilsons bangs was like 84% in favor.  Bangs are the it thing right now.  Trying to get my wife to go down that road again...
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 10:29pm
Her bob has always been too. . . neat, or something.

Maybe she got the bangs to cover her large forehead?

I think she should grow it out a bit, and get rid of the A-line. Isn't that trend over yeeeet?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 11:47pm
For a bob I think it looks ok. With or without the bangs.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:02pm
     When it comes to Jenny, I like more face. As bobs go, I'd rate hers a 10 w/o bangs, an 8 with. Star Bob
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:38pm

I too love the A-line, don't care for the bangs and I also wonder about this trend towards bangs as mentioned by Curlyfan above and by all the other recent posts about celebs jumping on the bang wagon.

Edited by HAWG - March 16 2008 at 9:40pm
HAWG
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 12:30pm

I'm sorry, that just looks like a blonde helmet.  Ick.

spud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:02am
Well I much preferred the ALine even though it was too long and agree that the bangs look way too severe. But I think its not the fault of the cut its got more to do with the centre parting. I've had this theory for a while that it takes a very special face to handle a centre part. I've even come up with my own psuedo scientific reason. I think its got to do with the fact that peoples faces are asymmetric (check wiki for face asymmetry bilateral) and a centre part can accentuate this

Check this quote "Subtle and more obvious differences between the halves often adds character to an image. For example, the human face is not perfectly symmetrical. If you’ve ever seen a manipulated image in which half of someone’s face is duplicated and flipped horizontally to create a perfectly symmetrical face, it looks odd. The subtle differences between the two sides of a person’s actual face creates more psychological depth, realism, and character. The same is true of a not-quite symmetrical image."

Hope you don't find this boring

Spud
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 6:40pm
Awful.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 4:57pm
Jenny will be appearing on Larry King Live tonight at 9 E.T to discuss autism...should be a good show because of the topic and for hair watching.

Is anyone out there capable of getting screen captures?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 11:30pm
Side sweeping the bangs; much better.

HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic