Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jenna Elfman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 4:44am
What a ridiculous post. You know of not a reason she cut her hair, nor why she had it long in the first place. Moral of the story? Don't act like you do.

Love the long curls, the short cut has it's charms aswell. Thanks for reminding me she existed.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 9:50am

Originally posted by ssjockey

First off, I didn't know you were the Jenna Elfman haircut authority.  If you look at Jenna Elfman over the years, you would have seen that her hair has been getting shorter and shorter over the past six months.  There was no mommy chop.  She GRADUALLY went shorter.

Her signature style, like it or not, is short hair.  During her time on "Dharma and Greg" she started out with the short hairstyle most (read not all) people loved on her.  She grew it out, only to cut it back short, all while she was on the show.  She grew her hair out again, experimented with different styles, you know (or maybe you don't) changed her hair to suit HER mood, not anyone else's.

What annoys me the most, is you assume her, and most celebrity women, cut their hair because they are compelled to, not because they want to.  At least that is how most of your posts "lamenting" the loss of long hair come across.

Do you think it is some defect of character if a woman wants a different look that doesn't fit in with your vision of what women should look like?  I will believe Jenna Elfman cut her hair BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO, not because she had a baby.  Also, just maybe, she could possibly look good with short hair.  I find that most women look good with long or short hair, as long as it is a good style and in good condition. 

Kramer's Response:
You guys are great. You always come through. LOL.

OK, ss, you just know I can't let you have the last word... yet. How can I be the Jenna Elfman hair authority when that title belongs to you, right? "Signature style?" Give me a break. Alanis Morrisette had a signature style and then hacked it off. Katie Couric had super short hair for years and then grew it out. Jenna Elfman had short hair when she was on the show and then grew it out. It's like you're telling me that "once a shorthaired gal, always a shorthaired gal" is a hard and fast rule. The next thing you'll be saying is that someone who just had a baby can cut her hair and look matronly.

You're doing precisely what the previous writer did: Telling me what I think. Where did I say I knew why Darma -- or anyone else for that matter -- got a haircut? If I say she had long hair before the baby and short hair after the baby, am I stating absolutely that she got her hair cut because she had a baby? No way. I'm making the connection because it was easy to do. Very easy. And apparently some other people on here tend to agree with me.

As far as Jenna's hair getting shorter and shorter prior to childbirth, where is your proof? I saw her pregnant and with long hair just prior to the birth. I did my research and I posted the photos. Come on, Bubba, she had a lot of hair cut off. Obviously. She's very pretty and looks good with the shorter hair, just not as good as she used to (my opinion). And, like I've said here a hundred times, you know I'll never stop "lamenting" when a longhaired woman cuts her beautiful locks. I like what I like. I want celebrities to suit my mood, not their mood. Don't you? You really have a hard time admitting I'm right, don't you? LOL

By the way, Ally, you mention "ridiculous," I think there is some rule here against ridiculously large avatars.

Some days this is a lot of fun. LOL

Edited by Kramer - March 22 2008 at 9:54am
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 12:34pm
If you look on wireimage, you will see Jenna Elfman's hair getting shorter over the last 5 to 6 months.  If you must have a link, then:

I don't exactly know when she had her baby.  I never said before childbirth, I said recently.  Like it or not, if you survey average people I would wager they would say Jenna Elfman's signature style is short, just as Alanis Morissette's signature style is long!

Alanis has gone back to her signature style after experimenting with short hair (finding mixed results, some good, some not so good), so I guess you would say "once a long hair girl, always a long hair girl"?  Some women loke long hair, and some short, just like us men!  As Alanis Morissette grew out her hair, I don't post "lamenting the lack of haircut" posts.  But then again, I don't feel compelled to post five times a day, like you Kramer! ;) 

Kramer, I'm not telling you what you think.  Read what I wrote, I was telling you how I feel your posts come across.  I do not pretend to know what goes through your, or anyone else's head.  My interpretation of your opinion is that if a women cuts her hair, you think either she is forced to do so, or it is some character flaw.  That is how your posts come across TO ME!  You have never (although you have so many posts, I could never get through them all) ever had a nice thing to say about any type of haircut.  You may say "she looks nice" but it is always (or seemingly so) prefaced with "her long hair was better" or "wish she grew it out to the former length".

Am I wrong?  If I am, please accept my apology. 

Edited by ssjockey - March 22 2008 at 12:40pm
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 1:18am
So is it a good thing I post a lot or a bad thing? For the record, your profile shows you post .4 times a day, while I post 1.48 times a day: a whopping one more time per day than you.

It's too bad you don't have more time to post as your opinions are generally interesting and inciteful even though we disagree a lot.

If you paid more attention, you'd discover that most of my posts contain breaking hair news (or stuff I just discovered) and has no opinion one way or another. Examples: Amber Benson, Daisy Fuentes and Milissa Rehberger got bangs. JoJo went shorter and blonder. Sara Rue is back to being a red head. Melora Hardin's hair got longer over the writer's straike. Debbie Mattenopolous and Natasha Richardson have shorter hair. Contessa Brewer and Alex Witt got trims. (All 2008 posts, by the way.)

Sometimes I comment when something I see impresses me: Kate Beckinsale with longer extensions. Allison Stewart from curly to straight. Christina Ricci looks better as her bangs get longer.

Granted, much of the time I'm critical of new looks. Quite frankly, it's because I liked the way they looked before the cut or style change better. Being honest and truthful is the way to go, right? Like the shocking haircuts of former longhairs Alanis Morrissette, Ann Curry, Rhona Mitra and Rebecca Gayheart. The much shorter dos of Selma Blair, Gina Tognoni, Ashley Massaro, Laura Leighton, Rachel McAdams, Alexis Glick, Barbara Bermudo and, yes, Jenna Elfman. Or color changes like those of Julianne Moore, Ashlee Simpson and Nelly Furtado.

And sometimes -- perhaps more often than most remember -- I say nice things about hair changes, including celebs with shorter hair (Rebecca Jarvis, Alizee, Rihanna), those who have cut their bangs (Kate Hudson, Maria Sharapova, Rachel Bilson) and those who have had cuts or trims and still look great (Demi Moore and, most recently, Gwyneth Paltrow). And that's just in the last few months.

I also make time to post photos of women with long gorgeous hair -- because I appreciate them more than anyone else.

How's that for a report card? I accept your apology.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:36am

Kramer: " like I've said here a hundred times, you know I'll never stop "lamenting" when a longhaired woman cuts her beautiful locks. I like what I like. "

Then why don't you just post about how you sit in you room and cry rather then degrading any female who cuts her hair!  Yes DEGRADE - you use the terms matronly or soccer mom regularly and often to put a negative spin on females who cut their hair.  Why don’t you just put out a generic post, under a new name Kramer/Bob and say - whining again, same as always - pissed that the vast right wing Locks of Love hair haters won again.  Damn their souls!   That’s pretty much what I see in nearly all of your post... wah wah wah....CryCryCry 

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:45pm
Wow, what a class act. Too much candy today? You obviously haven't been paying attention.

Not to pick apart your post, but I reckon I have never used the term "soccer mom" in my life, much less here, and I've used the term "matronly" in exactly one strand: this one.

I stand by my own report card filed just before your personal attack.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 12:56pm
Kramer, as far as I know, there is no rule about avatars here. Indeed, I often wondered why you don't have one yourself! In any case Ally's is certainly not ridiculously large. It is best to get our information right about these things. Personally, I like Ally's avatar.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 9:28pm
You would be mistaken. Dave (is he still the moderator here?) brought it to my attention once. Since you asked, according to the guidelines (see link on the home page):

Signatures

• Signatures may be no longer than 4 lines

• Signatures may contain 1 image (max. 250 x 100pixels).

• Signatures may contain a link to your personal site or sites that maybe of use to other members as long as this does not violate our No Blatant Advertising rule!

• Signatures are expected to follow the same guidelines as posts.

If any visitor is discovered to be deliberately breaking any of the rules listed above you may have your account deleted immediately. There will be no advance warnings given! 

Look, I was just picking on Ally because she was picking on me. I don't care one way or the other about her avatar. The fact is her former photo (Paris Hilton, if I recall correctly) and those prior were a lot bigger than the one she's showing now.

Here's an example of 150 X 225, which would be slightly larger than the 250 x 100:

This one (185 x 195) is pretty close:

This one, too, is almost dead on (200 x 167):

This lovely photo is even a bit larger at 186 x 250, although to me it's just right:

By the way, here's an example of 225 x 223:

Class dismissed.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 4:10am
Oh no Kramer the signature policeman is here to arrest me!

The signature has a scroll bar so you can only see that much of it anyway. And I mean really, who gives a s***?

Get a life.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:59am
Another sterling contribution. I so love it when girls swear. You're such a bad ass. Why did you choose to ignore a key paragraph of my entry:

Look, I was just picking on Ally because she was picking on me. I don't care one way or the other about her avatar. The fact is her former photo (Paris Hilton, if I recall correctly) and those prior were a lot bigger than the one she's showing now.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 7:10am
No, Kramer, you're such a bad ass wasting so much energy talking about some celebrity's hair style. Woo, livin' on the edge right there.

If you don't care why'd you say anything? You're clearly just trying to pick a fight because you have nothing better to do.

Oh, and it wasn't just a paragraph of yours I ignored. *whip noise* :D
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 8:48am
Am i going to have to get a switch after both of you!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 9:20am

Ally<3 - Change your sig pic to one with great long hair and I'm sure Kramer will wave the rules for you....

trekgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 9:33am
This is just plain wrong. Can everyone please stop picking on Kramer for his opinions, even if they are brash? It's easy to disagree with opinions. Why keep provoking him? It will only draw out more opinions the rest of the 'mob' disagrees with.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 10:14am
OK, to summarize here:

- Kramer liked Jenna's hair long and hates that she cut it shorter.  In other stunning news, the sun came up today.

- Hal and ssjockey have no problem with it being shorter and lament Kramer's lamentations on the cut.  Word of advice to Hal and ss: Kramer and others like long hair.  Other posters like short hair.  Sure it's tiresome, but after all these years, I don't see it changing.  If you want a new windmill to tilt at, why not go back to picking on Fatmoogas for posting on every thread?  At least that dead horse hasn't been beaten for a while. Wink

- Ally gets caught in the cross-fire and her signature pic is way too big (sorry, but it really is.  Have come close to PM'ing you a couple of times about that myself).

- Bob is the picture of moderation in his one comment on the subject

So, enough of all that crap.  Back to the subject at hand, Jenna's short cut.  Personally, not a big fan of it since it just looks hacked more than cut.  She has really thick, naturally curly hair, so a shattered bob like this that is then straightened just doesn't quite work with her hair texture.  Ironically, this was the same problem with virutally the same cut back in 2001 (search Getty Images to see what I mean) just before she started growing it back out.

At the risk of provoking the natives, I also like her hair long, though the right short cut - e.g. the first season of Dharma&Greg - works well too.  So, short can work on her, but this ain't it.  I prefer something closer to any of the pics you'd find on www.jennaelfman.com...except for the short pics in the recent news. :)

My guess is that since it's been pretty long for, believe it or not, the past five years, she decided to cut it again.  Seems to be her cycle.  I'd expect her to keep it for maybe the next year and then start growing it out a bit again.  And remember, you read it here first.

As usual,
JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 10:50am
Hey JF, nice to see you hop off of the cat and drop in for a post!

And Kramer INVITED me into this maelstrom!  I felt it would be rude to ignore his invitation!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 12:33pm
Does Jerky Flea ALWAYS have to come out of the woodwork to protect his beloved Kramer? As Ally says, no one cares if her avatar is a little too big: there is obviously no attempt at abuse intended. I'm sure he'd stay silent if anyone attacked me either justifiably or unjustifiably. The truth is that Jerky Flea still hasn't gotten over the fact that this is no longer HIS forum. Every post he makes, he usually refers to the fact that he's been here so long but is still a junior member (blah, blah, blah...ain't that a shame). It seems that he has decided to go off to his tent and sulk and, in his infinite wisdom, has left Kramer amongst us to play his part.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Does Jerky Flea ALWAYS have to come out of the woodwork to protect his beloved Kramer? As Ally says, no one cares if her avatar is a little too big: there is obviously no attempt at abuse intended. I'm sure he'd stay silent if anyone attacked me either justifiably or unjustifiably. The truth is that Jerky Flea still hasn't gotten over the fact that this is no longer HIS forum. Every post he makes, he usually refers to the fact that he's been here so long but is still a junior member (blah, blah, blah...ain't that a shame). It seems that he has decided to go off to his tent and sulk and, in his infinite wisdom, has left Kramer amongst us to play his part.

Gosh, make one little dig at a person... Smile

Fatmoo, I haven't written a new column for this site since January of 2001.  Which, doing some quick math, is still four years before you graced us with your presence.  If I had any sort of lingering resentment of this not being MY forum (which it never was in the first place), what a sad, pathetic, little man I'd be. Smile

If you are bored and have the time, you could dig through all my old posts and see that the only time I temporarily borrow the moderator hat from Dave and Karen is to try to head off one if the bi-annual swirls on short hair vs. long hair or Locks of Love or some other unwinnable and endless argument.

Further, while you are excavating my previous missives on this board, you'll see that I've had plenty of run-ins with Gord (aka Kramer) myself over the years.  In fact, I'm sure Kramer himself as well as folks on here that pre-date you would find it pretty funny that you regard Kramer as my proxy on the forum.  But, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

So, with that, I'll exit this discussion and head back to the FleaCave under stately FleaManor (I've upgraded from the tent) and wait to comment on another hair related topic when one comes up. Smile

As usual,
JF

P.S.  And, for what it's worth, if giant signature pictures weren't annoying and an issue previously on this forum, why would there be a rule against it? Wink

Edited by JerkyFlea - March 26 2008 at 1:13pm
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 1:10pm
Just for the record: I'm pissed each and every time I have to scroll past one of those oversized signatures. In my browser (Safari) the scrolling box around those signatures captures my scroll wheel. So each time I try to scroll down a thread, I end up scrolling inside the signature box instead.

That is totally annoying. Plus, I absolutely don't see the point in using photo signatures that are so huge you can't even see them without scrolling. Sorry, but that is plain stupid.

It's too bad that the software this message board is running on does not offer an option to hide/ignore/disable other people's avatars and signatures if you don't want to see them. Most message boards have such an option.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:34pm
I downsized the picture so those people can stop crying about how my signature is ruining their foruming life. Wha wha wha.

LOL @ Hal, and I heart you fatmoogas.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic