Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wig stretch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wig stretch
    Posted: March 17 2008 at 8:35am

i was wondering about the stretch in a wig does it make it fit better if it was a little small? thanks

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 8:51am
yes it does help in case your measurements are a little bit short but its always best to get those measurements correct..
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 8:56am
thanks a bunch sexi.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 9:02am
until get my measurements down pat i always ordered stretch and i probably need to start again b/c my hair is growing so fast that my measurements keep changing.. so that's something i need to consider.. the only problem is my skin color the patch of the stretch does not match the color of the lace, so parting my hair in the middle is a problem.. its my understanding that its not a problem with the darker colors like that they stretch matches..
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:23am
i'll remember that thanks
LaceLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaceLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:14pm
I took a chance and ordered a stock unit from AAMH, knowing that my big head needs a custom wig, and thank goodness for the stretch.  The wig's okay as far as the measurements, but that stretch gives me added comfort for my (anticipated) hair growth and possible shrinkage.
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 4:13pm
lol ok i think i'll be ok then b/c my wig measurements are a little big expect for the ear 2 ear forehead is coming up a little short on the one i want.i'm hoping it'll be ok

Edited by bigmomma - March 17 2008 at 4:14pm
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 4:30pm

bigmomma if it does come up a little short try stretching it a little. This is courtesy of Celie and Sexi

An additional tip when doing the stretching is to soak the unit in a dilution of fabric softner in warm water. Do the stretching before rinsing.  Stretch gently over a wighead because the fabric softner will stretch the lace and you don't want it to stretch in some places and not in others. Rinse with cold, cold water.  Warm water will cause it to return to the original size.  Allow it to dry fully, then shampoo and condition.  Don't use the microwave method, allow it to air dry.  Smile Pin it down as scretched out as you can!
HTH!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:07pm
yes stretching out on the wig head and pinning it down while wet will make sure the lace doesn't shrink on you..
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:17pm
ok thanks ladies i'll order my wig
Crimsonsugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonsugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 10:01pm
I thought my wig seemed bigger when it was slightly damp and them when dry it fit the same as ever. It pops up from the nape.  I didn't pin it so it reverted to it's previous shape.
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 8:32am
Originally posted by ash8419 ash8419 wrote:

bigmomma if it does come up a little short try stretching it a little. This is courtesy of Celie and Sexi

An additional tip when doing the stretching is to soak the unit in a dilution of fabric softner in warm water. Do the stretching before rinsing.  Stretch gently over a wighead because the fabric softner will stretch the lace and you don't want it to stretch in some places and not in others. Rinse with cold, cold water.  Warm water will cause it to return to the original size.  Allow it to dry fully, then shampoo and condition.  Don't use the microwave method, allow it to air dry.  Smile Pin it down as scretched out as you can!
HTH!

This is a great tip.  I just experienced my first unit shrinkage.  I will definitely be trying this method over the weekend.Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic