Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bangs not baby hair(pic inside)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
materialgirlclk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bangs not baby hair(pic inside)
    Posted: March 18 2008 at 12:33pm
can someone tell me what i'm supposed to do with these bangs/babyhairs?? i only have a problem with the babyhairs that will be in the center of my forhead cuz i will be wearing a part down the middle. the sides beginning at the temples on down are fine. it's just that hair in the front that's not doing it for me.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 12:39pm
lol i know you can trim them down, i now order specifically baby hairs 1/4 inch, altho they come a little longer than that, i no longer get the bangs..LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 12:47pm
i was thinking about cutting them but i didn't want to do too much of a blunt cut cuz me and scissors fell out in elementary school and we ain't got along since. i'm gonna see if i can use a light pomade and brush them up into the rest of the hair.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 12:56pm
are you can use the nair tips:

Nair My Babyhairs- put a lil Nair on my baby hairs on the middle/ends not close to the knots and/or cap construction cuz you don't want the hair to fall out, and only for a few seconds. It makes the baby hair real flimsy and fine just like my natural baby hair. the nair just makes the baby hair super fine to the point where it lays down by itself without gel, more like real babyhair. I practiced this on my old unit and it made the hair elastic because I left it on to long, that's you can't leave it on too long. Use only the original nair, none of the scented, improved stuff and leave it on only like two seconds and rinse.

Edited by sexibeach - March 18 2008 at 1:01pm
TooBlessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 1:14pm
If you are afraid of using Nair (as I am) you can also use mousse (and rollers if you want them wavy/curly).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 1:21pm
thanx ladies...i'm gonna mousse 'em and nair 'em before i have to result in cutting them. i just don't want to end up looking like Trina(the rapper) cuz lawd knows she looks a hot a$$ mess with them ringlets she calls babyhair...LOLLOL
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 1:29pm
that's a good suggestion mix it up..
charron08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charron08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 1:33pm
yeah the mouse and like pen curl it too will work that will make them lay flat and cut them maybe with razor if you can...i read that some where..either bless or breh
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:02pm
I believe that was Bless's idea. I just take a rat tail comb, run it under water, and comb them in with the rest of the hair. Works fine for me.
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:02pm
maybe you should use Breh technique to thin out your babyhair,
you can find it in the newbie section
HTH
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:12pm

I have had long babyhair like that on some of my units, I have done the following:

-u can either comb it in with the rest of the hair or

-go to the BSS buy a razor that people use to shape their eyebrows (it cost about $1 / less)  and cut the baby hairs but make sure that if u do cut them with the razor u dont make all of them the same length-I find that when all of the babyhair is too uniform it looks kind of crazy / unnatural, a slight variation in the length of the babyhairs will make it appear more natural (to me).
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by amazon1147 amazon1147 wrote:

I have had long babyhair like that on some of my units, I have done the following:

-u can either comb it in with the rest of the hair or

-go to the BSS buy a razor that people use to shape their eyebrows (it cost about $1 / less)  and cut the baby hairs but make sure that if u do cut them with the razor u dont make all of them the same length-I find that when all of the babyhair is too uniform it looks kind of crazy / unnatural, a slight variation in the length of the babyhairs will make it appear more natural (to me).

i've done this also..
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:49pm
I usually just comb mine back into the hair and pull down what I need to look more natural.
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 5:23pm
Does anyone make short baby hair? 
 I somehow jack mine up.  So I just leave them along. I purchased a used unit and the person had them cut just right.  So I may copy that.
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 5:42pm
on a custom u can specifically request short baby hair and tell them approximately how long u want it to be (1/2 inch, 1 inch long etc.)
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by amazon1147 amazon1147 wrote:

on a custom u can specifically request short baby hair and tell them approximately how long u want it to be (1/2 inch, 1 inch long etc.)

really I must make sure I do that.  Thanks

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 7:04pm
i tried to order 1/4 inch but they come about one inch or less..
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 12:05pm
okay materialchick I just wanna know the details on the hair.....it's beau-tful...vendor? IR or CR? Lace color? etc.   Give a girl the goods?please
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 12:06pm
You can pm me if you wanna.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Unladylikediva Unladylikediva wrote:

okay materialchick I just wanna know the details on the hair.....it's beau-tful...vendor? IR or CR? Lace color? etc.   Give a girl the goods?please
girl this Censored wig is already getting on myCensored nerves. i'm a dark skinned chick and this lace is too light. i tried to bleack my knots and nothing happened. i cut my lace and used the fray block now the cap and my hair is all white & crusty. i swear i wanna cry but i'm trying to be strong! i know u didn't ask for all that drama but i'm pissed !anywayz, i purchased this wig brand new in the "for  sale" secton at BHM. it's Indian Remi light yaki from Rex. it's 20" 1b w/ bleached knots everywhere(NOT!Angry) the lace is brown but it looks kinda reddish to me. puts me in the mind of a #30. the hair is gorgeous and soft. it would be more pretty if it didn't have all thisCensored fray block crusted up all in it. sorry about the rant but this is my 1st wig and my 1st app and ain't nothing going right.furious
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic