Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gwyneth Paltrow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 5:51pm
I don't know, Hal. I don't look at that hairstyle and think "better." It looks like she just decided on a length and said, "chop it there." She's one of those celebs that every time I look at her I'm going to think, "man she looked great with long hair."

Regarding her knees, Fatmoo, Gwyneth suffered from a "bum knee," which turned out to be a broken leg, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe that had something to do with something. At least she shaves her legs.

Gimpy and Glamorous. Who Knew?

Gwyneth%20Paltrow%20—%20W%20MagazineGwyneth Paltrow was recovering from a bum knee when W magazine decided to incorporate her crutches into a long-scheduled photo shoot.Gwyneth%20Paltrow%20with%20daughter%20Apple
Yes, she’s Gwyneth - blond, lean and lovely by dint of DNA. But she sure makes crutches and pajamas look good. Notice in the photo of her in “real life” - with her daughter, Apple - she’s wisely padded the top of the crutches for a little relief.

Who has more fun than people?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 9:13pm
This was at Jay-Z and Beyonce's wedding this weekend.  Looking better.

HAWG
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 12:51pm
Now if she would just give up that center part...not complaining though, this is the best she has looked in years!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 8:18am
The Latest

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 9:13am
I think this cut give her hair life... before, unless it was from a photo shoot, it was thin, stringy, pinned up or pulled and almost always in need of a brush.  Seems she is enjoying it too.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

I think this cut give her hair life...  Seems she is enjoying it too.
Hal, as much as I was tempted to let your observation go without comment, I just couldn't.

1. If Gwyneth likes her new haircut so much, why is she nearly frowning in the photos above? If anything, maybe she likes it better curlier than whatever style you'd call that above, eh?

2. Taking your logic to the next step, is Martha MacCallum pouting because she doesn't like her trim? She seemed to be smiling all the time when her hair was a tad longer.

3. What about Ann Curry here? Is she disgusted that she no longer gets major props and big ratings for cutting her hair and donating it to Locks of Love?

4. Is Jennifer Connolly in shock because she just put her finger in a live socket?

5. Is Rhona Mitra bored with her beautiful hair? She looks bored to me. And she did cut it.

I could go on, but it's 2 a.m. and I've gotta get up in five hours. Besides, I've probably pissed off your legions of supporters who will no doubt team up on me, even though I'm just having a little fun.

As for Gwyneth, she's probably getting tons of compliments about her hair when it's all curly. That -- plus the attention she's getting -- no doubt put that smile on her beautiful face.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 7:18am
Sorry I caused to you waste so much time for so little gain.  I said "enjoy" simple because several times in a short time, her hair has been down and actually looks nice too.  I should not have guessed at her emotional state... my bad.

To a greater point Miss Paltrow made ET's Hottest Hair Trends of 2008!  In fact she was #1.  According to them the hottest new trend is cutting 3 or 4 inches!  Shall we all hope it sweeps the nation just like the Pob has!!!!!!

Kramer if I knew your cell phone number I would called to tell you second I saw it!  They rattled off 1/2 dozen or so stars that have done it, A. Jolie, C. Z. Jones, N. Morallas... Platrow and so on!!!!!!! 

Wowhoooo!!!!!!!  Let the good times roll!!!!!!

trekgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 7:52am
http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/04/60461/index.html

Here is the link to the story you refer to. Everyone looks for the quick fix now a days in my opinion.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 10:30am
I thought she looked great in sliding doors.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 10:31am
but, the shoulder lenght is very nice too!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 2:01pm
A. The report said "2 to 3 inches."
B. It was only the fifth most popular trend behind: 1) add vertical curls; 2) that awful crop cut; 3) add a headband; and 4) the always original go blonder.
C. Most celebs are not doing any of the above. They're fine at status quo.
Yet, these are trends?
D. I think many of those that change hairstyles do it because they want the attention. Most of the babes we talk about have changed their hairstyle one way or the other.
E. What about bangs? With all of the celebs that have gone to bangs (Underwood, Bilson, Kate Hudson, et al.), how did they leave off that trend?

Edited by Kramer - April 10 2008 at 2:11pm
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 3:18pm
I can hear you crying from here.....lol
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 4:07pm
I think Ann Curry looks really good in that photo: pity she spent so much of her broadcasting life trying to look frumpish!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 10:12pm
Yet another style for Gwyneth. Not my cup of tea.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 1:34am
Wow!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 4:47am
An improvement with that last pic - starting to get away from that awful center part?
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 7:40am
Shorter and shorter. April 23, 2008.

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2008 at 1:30am

For those looking to reminisce about Gwyneth with longer hair, check out the June 2008 GQ magazine:

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 9:36am
When I see photos like this, I think to myself, geez, if all of Gwyneth's photos were headshots cut off just above the shoulder people might think she still had long hair. If only I could convince myself that was the case. She looks so pretty with straight sleek hair without roots.

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 10:25am
Ah.. and then there is that one great shot, body sideways and head turned when you realize Gwyneth's actaully does have a sexy hairstyle AND she brushed it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic