Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fungi in whirlpool spa???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
happydesta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happydesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fungi in whirlpool spa???
    Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:47pm

I went to a nail salon the other day. They had the "normal" massage chairs also called " throne chairs". A customer came in after me and they put  her in a special chair with a detached pedi basin. I asked her what the difference was and she told me that she avoided the "normal throne chairs" because the  attached whirlpool spa contained fungi and other stuff.  WTF. Is this really true.  As I was walking out I asked one of the employees and they told me that it costs $3.oo extra if a customer uses the detached pedi basin. 

Edited by happydesta - March 19 2008 at 9:44am
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 7:37am
Some salons don't change water and clean things out as often as they should.  I'd be picky about it and ask them questions about when it was cleaned etc.

Here is an article with some tips for a clean pedicure experience:
http://www.essortment.com/lifestyle/choosingpedicur_snmp.htm

Edited by Susan W - June 19 2008 at 8:03am
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
lilly213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilly213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2008 at 1:11pm
You have to watch out for staff infection. If you have cuts that are healing I would wait until they are closed before you go in.

It isn't often that a woman's feet get to relax. Constantly on the go, with careers, family, and other commitments, the feet often take more than they deserve. Making the time to visit the beauty salon for spa pedicures rejuvenates the feet and keeps them looking their best.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic