Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

****Thursday Hair Fix (PIcs)****

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ****Thursday Hair Fix (PIcs)****
    Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:01am
Okay ladies I was waiting for someone to post a daily fix but I guess everyone is already at work. I'm working from home for the 1st half of my day and since I NEVER used to post pics on BHM I'll do the hair fix again today (making up for lost time). Hopefully none of you are at work sniffing and scratching with white crusty stuff in the corners of your mouths yet. LOL 

Also, I forgot to say thank you to PrincessLF for telling me how to post pics directly into a thread. dance2
These are  pics of the first unit I ever wore/applied. It's an 18" curly from DeNovo. I loved those curls.

Although I loved the hair I felt like I looked like Elvira (Mistress of Darkness) because the color was so dark. I did the RIT Dye Color Remover on it and put highlights in it. Even though I only used hot tap water I still lost some texture. Now I know to buy my curly units in the exact color I want because this unit is no longer curly enough for me but I still slap it on every now and again on weekends to run errands.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:06am
droolI LOVE IT, I Don't think its tooo dark you look beautiful...
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:11am
Very pretty. I like the texture after the rit dye dip. 
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:11am
I love it...wurk dem curls.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:26am
Thanks for the compliments guys but remember I need my units to match my natural hair cuz my sister and her family are the only ones who know it's not my hair.

When I first got the unit people thought I just dyed my hair darker and cut it. However, it wasn't very hot in October when I started wearing lf's and as my skin got lighter and lighter from not enough sun I looked less and less like my normal self with hair that dark Confused I get pretty dark when the weather gets really hot so I might be able to wear dark hair again in the summer.

After I did the RIT Dye Color Remover the color was perfect but the curls were too loose to pass as my hair Pinch

Edited by Curlygirl11 - March 20 2008 at 11:28am
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Thanks for the compliments guys but remember I need my units to match my natural hair cuz my sister and her family are the only ones who know it's not my hair.

When I first got the unit people thought I just dyed my hair darker and cut it. However, it wasn't very hot in October when I started wearing lf's and as my skin got lighter and lighter from not enough sun I looked less and less like my normal self with hair that dark Confused 

After I did the RIT Dye Color Remover the color was perfect but the curls were too loose to pass as my hair Pinch

i do understand what your saying b/c of my skin coloring i CAN NOT wear very dark colors, so that's a big no no.. LOL
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:36am
whackyThanks Curlygirl11 for today's fix.  Whew.... I needed that.  I love the unit before and after the rit dye remover.  Can you re-perm a curly unit with Apple Perm?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:44am
^^I'm not sure if I can re-perm it without destroying it. If I can I will because I really prefer the kinkier curls. Do any of you ladies know if this can be done?? Have any of you ever made a curly unit even curlier by putting a 2nd curly perm on it??
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 12:23pm
very pretty Curly
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 12:39pm
i love love love the curls!!

JLTabron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 1:04pm
I love those curls! They are gorgeousThumbs%20Up
charron08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charron08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 1:12pm
those curls are to dye for ! very pretty
tefna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tefna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 2:33pm
hey curlygirl, how did you do your highlights? did u use the frosting cap or foil. And what type of highlights did you use. thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by tefna tefna wrote:

hey curlygirl, how did you do your highlights? did u use the frosting cap or foil. And what type of highlights did you use. thanks

I used a Loreal highlighting kit I got at the drug store. It didn't require the use of a cap or foil. The highlighting cream was very thick so there was no bleeding and it only lightened the hair I put it on. It came with applicators for doing fine highlights and for doing thick highlights. However, it was just easier for me to put on some gloves and do it with my fingers after separating some strands with the rattail end of a comb.
Snook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 2:50pm
Very pretty....loving the curls
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 2:55pm

that's really pertty

tefna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tefna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 3:09pm
thankx curlygirlThumbs%20Up
tefna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tefna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 3:12pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 3:19pm

Nope, that's not it.

Imma go find it for you.....be back.
nola06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nola06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 3:33pm
Gorgeous application! I love the curls. You look like a movie star in a period piece!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic