Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Miss Lace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Lace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glue
    Posted: March 22 2008 at 12:13pm
Hey girls,

There are many sort of glue. We know that the holding time depends on the type of skin we have. In the newbie threat there is a list of the different sort of glue and the holding time.  But can somebody tell me what the time is that you have to wait after you put the glue on. I have Davlyn, Vapon, Mity tite and UH. Maybe this is something for the newbie thread. But i don“t know when i can apply after i put the glue. Maybe some other girls have this problem and is this the reason why the unit don“t stick very well.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 12:17pm

I only use some of the glues that you use and the drying time is different on them (at least for me).

Vapon NT - I let mine dry for 15-20 minutes before applying my unit

Davlyn - I let dry for 3-5 minutes before applying my unit.

I don't use the others you mentioned. Be careful with that UH and read up on the ingredients.

CoolAzFemale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolAzFemale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 12:18pm

I haven't used UH in a hot minute, but if I remember correctly you apply a VERY THIN coat (don't use the brush supplied...get a paint brush or something... and wait about 8-10 min between coats until it is almost dry.

Current UH users please chime in, I'm hooked on Invisibond/Hollister's combo.

Edited by CoolAzFemale - March 22 2008 at 12:18pm
Miss Lace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Lace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 12:21pm
thanks ladies
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 4:01pm
what's hollister's combo?
CoolAzFemale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolAzFemale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 6:19pm
Invisibond + Hollister's combo. Those are the two adhesives I use
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 6:23pm
I have used UH in the past but not anymore.  When I used it, 20 mins for each layer was the wait time.  (I used two layers).  I now use tape only apps with pro flex no shine which has no wait time and on occassions, I use Davlyn with no shine and the wait time for Davlyn for me is about 5 - 10 mins, when it feels tacky.

Edited by PrincessLF - March 22 2008 at 6:39pm
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by CoolAzFemale CoolAzFemale wrote:

Invisibond + Hollister's combo. Those are the two adhesives I use
                               oh ok thanks  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic