Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI think I ready for my tummy tuck....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
griff View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 8:08am
Hi Meechie and everybody else,

I'm right behind you!  My two kids caused MAJOR damage to my stomach and breasts.  I refuse to let this be how I look forever.  Meechie, I hear you on the exercise thing!  I have done my part....lost weight...exercise religiously...and these are things that are not in my power to fix.  My mom's had work, so while she doesn't approve, she doesn't really discourage me either.  I'm going for a full tummy tuck (they rec. a mini but I want all the stretch marks gone), a B.lift w/ BA (to fill back up what my kids stole Angry), and possibly a brazilian butt lift with the fat that gets lipoed out.  If I don't get the BBL, then I will get my waist, upper abs, flanks, hips and thighs sucted out for contouring.  I'm a size 8 now or a 6 depending on how much I spend on my clothes Wink, but I would like to be a junior's size 7 or a women's size 6 (consistently).  I am very scared to leave the country.  You are brave and I admire that.  I will be either using a black female plastic surgeon in Montclair, NJ or traveling to Florida to get it done. 

Good Luck!!!!  When do you plan on having it done?  I'm researching and plan to have mine either this summer or next summer.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 8:40am

unfortunately all the sit ups in the world won't repair what child births does.. your muscle spread apart and totally separate and the full tummy tuck stitches them back together along the ab wall so that you can repair what child birthing does to you..

phillycutee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 8:59am

Good morning Ladies, Boy am I glad to see a topic like this on here. Meechi- I had lapband surgery in 3/07, I started at a size 26. I have since lost 62 pounds and down to a size 16. Im still on the road to lose another 50 and then I want a FULL TT and breast lift cause My stomach is just terrible!! Its crazy how I felt more comfortable naked when I was bigger!   Sexy I know you had the full tt, how long was your recovery? Mechie to your knowledge is your insurance willing to cover any of your PS? I know alot of times if its due to weightloss you can at least get them insurance to spring for the cost of the skin removal, but then u can just add additional money for the full TT. Thanks to both of you ladies for those links to diffrent websites. I still have a while to go, but ive already been going to consultaions here and there just so i know how much more i MUST lose b4 someone is willing to do my surgery.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:09am
Originally posted by phillycutee phillycutee wrote:

Good morning Ladies, Boy am I glad to see a topic like this on here. Meechi- I had lapband surgery in 3/07, I started at a size 26. I have since lost 62 pounds and down to a size 16. Im still on the road to lose another 50 and then I want a FULL TT and breast lift cause My stomach is just terrible!! Its crazy how I felt more comfortable naked when I was bigger!   Sexy I know you had the full tt, how long was your recovery? Mechie to your knowledge is your insurance willing to cover any of your PS? I know alot of times if its due to weightloss you can at least get them insurance to spring for the cost of the skin removal, but then u can just add additional money for the full TT. Thanks to both of you ladies for those links to diffrent websites. I still have a while to go, but ive already been going to consultaions here and there just so i know how much more i MUST lose b4 someone is willing to do my surgery.

that's great girl, congrad's on the weight loss.. and YES its rough but worth it, the first week your so high you can barely remember that anyways..  but i saw my results immediately after surgery i was flat as a pancake.. you have two drains that they remove one the first week and then the other one the second week, then you have more swelling after that.. b/c anytime you cut the body you automatically have fluid production so lots of water is needed to flush it out of the system.. the most difficult part is walking upright which eventually will come, its those tight muscles that have you bent over.. i'd say about week 4 i was able to do that and i was back to work full time.. but once you get active at least walking and putting in a full day at work you'll experience some swelling by the end of the day.. but that compression torture garment is really your best friend, it might be bulky but it helps secure the tummy and assist with the swelling so its a love hate relationship.. 

Edited by sexibeach - March 31 2008 at 9:12am
griff View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:11am
Does anyone know if insurance will cover the muscle repair portion of the surgery???
sexibeach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:14am
Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

Does anyone know if insurance will cover the muscle repair portion of the surgery???

it should be included in your full tummy tuck price.. i don't know if insurance will cover it unless you can get a doctor to write a letter.. i know my sister in law did to get the gastic bypass surgery and they covered that.. and i've seen it done for breast reductions if a doctor writes a letter to the insurance company..
phillycutee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:30am
Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

Sexi is right because my insurance said NO WAY to the muscle portion, all they are willing to pay for is the excess skin removal, but I know people in my lapband support group that were able to get the whole thing covered by theor insurance.
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:38am
Well, my breast reduction, lipo and lift were all done by Kaiser ( my insurance company) but beacsue I don't have a PANNUS or a large "apron" I don't qualify. So that is out of the question.  Also, Costa Rica ranks higher on the plastic surgery scale than the USA. I was like wow! But I am definelty going there and I am prepared for the star treatment. If I stay here I spend 10-20 grand and come back home to life and kids. There I spend about 6000 and get pampered from start to finish. I could NEVER afford a recovery center here in LA they are like 1000 a day and only for the wealthly or a celebrity. Plus, who can beat such a beautful place like costa rica. I am so excited.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:40am
Philly congrats on your weight loss. That is amazing! Once you have your surgery, yuor really going feel great!
griff View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:58am
Meechie,

If you are comfortable with the idea of Costa Rica I say go for it!!! I'm one of those super scary people though.  Even in the US there's only a handful of hospitals I would even consider allowing to operate on me!  I won't try any drug not regulated by the FDA (no recreational stuff of any kind has EVER crossed my lips).  I think it's smart to go that route if you can get more work for less money.

Sexi and Philly:  I figured that my insurance would laugh at me.  It's worth a try, but I'm prepared to pay for it all. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:59am
 I would not mind a body similar to this. I want to be fit, tight with out jiggle and have some AZZ, thighs and a small waist.
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 10:25am

Meechie2cute, I say go for it. You only live once and we are not getting any younger. She's my motivation too.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 10:26am

If you need a travel partner I am down.  LOL

mochamom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 10:58am

Meechie, girl, you go for itgirlpower

luvmylf View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:16am
I had a tummy tuck (the ps made a 6 pack) liposuction and breast reduction and lift in 2002. The tummy tuck was first, then the breast 2 months later. My ps would not do both at the same time. I looked like BarbieLOL. 4 years and much stress later, I got lapband done. I lost 50 lbs fast, I noticed that my perfect breasts were not looking perky anymore. I realized that I made a mistake by having the surgeries before I lost all of the weight that I wanted to. So I will need to have my breast done again. My tummy is still tight!
Now I want to do my face, I want to remove the bags under my eyes and get a nose job. I also want to get a REAL butt. I have thought about going out of the country (Thailand) for the surgery but I am not sure yet.
I am not sure where I will get it done, but I do know that I will get the ps done before October.
I would rec' ps for anyone who has given it thought, researched their options, and can afford the procedures. I have never regretted my decisions. By the way my breast reduction was covered by insurance, and the lift was included.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:21am

LuvmyLF  someone had told me once before to lose weight by getting down to the size I desire then it is best to have the surgery.

luvmylf View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:26am
would you please share which plastic surgeon you are considering? 6000 for everything and pampering sounds like what I am looking for
luvmylf View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:33am

Maybe we can research this together, I want to have everything done Sept/Oct this year.

I should have lost all of the weight that I wanted to prior to the surgery. BUT once I decided that I was going to get it done I just could/would not waitSmile 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:40am

I went for a consultation and the surgeon advise me that I can get a tummy tuck and a little lipo on each side of my hip for the sculpture look or I could just lose the weight and only get the tummy tuck.

luvmylf View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:42am

I personally do not know anyone that has had a tummy tuck without liposuction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic