Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

silk base? invisible roots?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
stacyrockette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacyrockette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 8:10pm
Clap
Happy To Be Here Now Pass Me My Pad and Pencil..
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by luvmylf luvmylf wrote:

Are there shedding concerns with these caps? I do not see how the knots can be sealed.

The construction of many of these pieces do not allow you to seal them the same way you seal lace based pieces.. That said, if these pieces are well constructed there is no knot sealing needed. These pieces will have less shedding because of the density of the base material used. I have three silk based closures from Extensions Plus, and I have not needed to seal any of them..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 6:19am
I got to get me one of these..Thanks ladies for the information.
Bangles and Stilettos
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Divavocals Divavocals wrote:

The truth is there are many GREAT choices for hair and ethnic origin is only ONE of many factors you should be looking at when buying hair products.. Misaligned cuticles are an issue regardless if the hair is Indian, European, or Purple People Eater hair.. Poor quality hair is poor quality hair no matter the source.. All of these ethnic sources have hair which is not considered Grade A hair (despite what some vendors say to the contrary). 

OK...where can I get some of that Purple People Eater hair!!???LOL

No, but seriously, I love everything you said in this post DivaV. It's so spot on. I think a lot of people are falling for that cr*p about Chinese/Indian hair being worse or better than other types of hair. I hear so much said about Chinese hair used for BSS hair, but that doesn't mean it bad or cheap hair; I think it may just be more abundant.
Love clip-ins and tape!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

OK...where can I get some of that Purple People Eater hair!!???LOL

No, but seriously, I love everything you said in this post DivaV. It's so spot on. I think a lot of people are falling for that cr*p about Chinese/Indian hair being worse or better than other types of hair. I hear so much said about Chinese hair used for BSS hair, but that doesn't mean it bad or cheap hair; I think it may just be more abundant.

Girl you didn't see when I posted pictures of my Purple People Eater install??? Think Barney meets Chaka Khan!LOLLOLLOL

Thanks girl.. I think that vendors do a horrible job of telling the truth about hair. Many are too busy trying to sell their product by putting down any alternative product. Instead of letting their product stand on it's own, they bolster their product by pointing out how crappy they think the other product is.. Too often many hair vendors use stereotypes and HALF truths to support their positions..

LOL

Edited by Divavocals - May 05 2008 at 9:13pm
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
illusion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illusion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 1:52am
so are the perimeters on this wig lace? or how do you still get that natural hairline? 
aka slikchik
JadeVetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeVetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 8:07pm
 I have 2 questions.

One:  What is TRK?

Two:  What's the website addy for Extensions Plus and Lace Unit Illusions?
I Am Jade Vetti.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 8:17pm
TRK = Triple Reversed Knots

http://extensions-plus.com

JadeVetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeVetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 8:23pm
Thanks DivaVocals--
I Am Jade Vetti.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 8:29pm
More info and pics..

http://www.yiweidu.com/Pages/LaceWigsKnowledge.aspx#hairKnots

If you Google "hidden knots" ot "triple reveresed knots" or "silk injected" You will find LOTS of info and pics..

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by JadeVetti JadeVetti wrote:

Thanks DivaVocals--
Wink Y/W

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 8:33pm
MORE information:

Hidden Lace Wigs (Invisible Lace Wigs) Cap Constructions:

• Hidden Knots in top, Stretch Lace from top to back, Without extra lace in front
  • Hidden Knots in top, Swiss Lace from top to back, Without extra lace in front
    Yiweidu%20Hidden%20Lace%20Wigs

• Hidden Knots in top, Stretch Lace from top to back, With extra Swiss lace in front
  • Hidden Knots in top, Swiss Lace from top to back, With extra Swiss lace in front
    Yiweidu%20Hidden%20Lace%20Wigs

Hidden%20Knots%203

Hidden Knots

(the hidden knots is a technic that the knots are hidden into three layers lace,we can't see the knots, it need not bleach knots,so it is helpful to protect hair)

Edited by Divavocals - May 14 2008 at 8:41pm

intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2008 at 1:43pm
this just reminds me of sewing the stocking to the cap ...
hmm ... http://public.fotki.com/intlbabygirl/
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2008 at 6:05pm
But these bases are much more realistic looking than a wig with a stocking cap attached to it.. I can lay my "doctored" lace closures next to my silk injected closures, and the differences are immediately apparent..

Edited by Divavocals - May 16 2008 at 2:29pm

happydesta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happydesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 1:56pm
Thanks Divavocals for info. You and sexi are awesome.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 6:06pm
Please know that even tho http://www.yiweidu.com/ is doing the TRK's their quality in the past has been very poor as far as construction and hair quality, some units the hair fell out in 3 weeks bald spots and all and blamed it on our water, so know that.. they didn't always have the best feedback in that area.. and they built up their business and immediately went to 3 wig min.. now their trying to rebuild their business here in the US again, i hope its better than it has been but as of last summer not so hot.. maybe its better who knows, take a chance!

Edited by sexibeach - May 16 2008 at 6:10pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 6:30pm

Happydesta: You're welcome..

Let me be clear.. the pictures and links I posted are meant ONLY to show what these units look like.. So many ladies have PMd me about pics of these units, so I took a Google trip and in ONE search located pictures from two vendors and an EBay auction.. I was less interested in WHO the vendor was, and mostly interested in the INFORMATION and PICTURES I could steal borrow to share with the forum.. They should help some of you who have asked to understand what these units look like and a little bit about how they are constructed.. As I find more info, I will post the information..

Edited by Divavocals - May 19 2008 at 7:53am

Bella8933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bella8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 11:30pm
The thing is .... you need the invisable knots mostly AT your hair line and where your 'part' begins ... but these units have Swiss lace (as usual) at the hairline and then an inch back - they start with the invisable knots?

This makes no sense.

Besides that, I've found that the lighter the cap .. the better. If I have Swiss lace all over .. the unit is as light as a feather - but with the stretch panel .. it become substaintially heaver.

I wear my natural hair very short so the lfs are light weight in my head and are flushed to my scalp.... but if I had a substaintial amount of growth or were growing my hair out ... the mesh stretch units would be too bulky for me.

Just my thoughts. :)

Edited by Bella8933 - May 16 2008 at 11:32pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Bella8933 Bella8933 wrote:

The thing is .... you need the invisable knots mostly AT your hair line and where your 'part' begins ... but these units have Swiss lace (as usual) at the hairline and then an inch back - they start with the invisable knots?

This makes no sense.

Besides that, I've found that the lighter the cap .. the better. If I have Swiss lace all over .. the unit is as light as a feather - but with the stretch panel .. it become substaintially heaver.

I wear my natural hair very short so the lfs are light weight in my head and fkushed to my scalp.... but if I had a substainal amount of growth or were growing my hair out ... the mesh stretch units would be too bulky for me.
That is only ONE of many variations on these units.. It's by no means the ONLY way they come.. You can in fact have them made with the invisible knots all the way to the hairline..

MassGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 7:33am

Divavocals you freakin ROCK!!! Thanks for the info & pics.

FYI - I have seen nomindstudio's hidden knots unit as it was sent to me in error when I last ordered from them via ebay. It was very nice but the color & texture were  wrong for me ( like a 6 mix & very straight hair). Was hard to send it back...

You & meangurl76  have gotten me hooked on silk caps now!

I've bought three in the past month or so.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic