Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My 5 year olds hair is breaking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mumofcurlygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumofcurlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 5 year olds hair is breaking
    Posted: April 04 2008 at 10:21am
 I have detangled my 5 year old daughters fine curly/wavy hair this morning using my fingers and it is so fragile its just breaking off I need some help fast,

The hair itself feels really notty and her hair is very fine, if you pull it snaps really easily , (not that Im doing this), the texture is kinda like chewing gum really strechy but also breakingConfused

Its like her hair has totally changed, it used to be frizzy but quite strong.

Can anyone recommend a reconstructor suitiable for her that will strengthen her hair and stop it breaking?

The only thing that I have used on her hair that I'm thinking may have caused the breakage is Bonacure enzyme and collegen treatment I only used it as I had run out of her conditioner, and it made my hair really nice,

Please could you help me I really need advise Cry
sassy stylist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassy stylist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 4:11pm
Hair is made up of protein. We all need it but too much can be bad. Im not sure what you put in her hair but if that product has protein in it, too much will make your hair dry and brittle. It is hard to tell without seeing it. Maybe you should take her to a salon to have it checked out. They can do a conditioning treatment to put some moisture back into her hair.
mumofcurlygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumofcurlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 4:44pm
Hi there, the problem has got a lot worse her hair is tangling and breaking like mad!
Ive taken her to a hairdressers today and have booked her in for a hair cut next week, the hairdresser was really good and said that a graduated bob would make her hair easier to manage and she also asked me if Id used heat on her hair and she said even though ive only used curling tongs on her hair she said that her hair is so fine it could have damaged it, she also asked about her diet and vitamins and i said that i had started her on high quality liquid vitamins suitable for children 5 weeks ago, he said this may help?,
any other advise would be gratefully appriciated Smile
sassy stylist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassy stylist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 4:15pm
A cut is a good idea but she also needs moisture. Even if you do it at home. Get a good thick moisturizing conditioner, NOT from wal-mart!! Get it from a salon.  Boiloge Conditioning Balm is a great one. Anyways, wash her hair, rinse then pile on the conditioner.  put a plastic cap on her head and let her watch cartoons for about an hour.  Then rinse out the conditioner. You have to keep a bag or something  on her head to keep it from drying. Anyways I hope this helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic